Tecmo Bowl

2»

Comments

• Greatest Game Of All Time. Period!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    All ill say is Jim Kelly to Andre Reed. Unstoppable. :D
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    please. bo jackson or walter peyton were the best.
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Kevin Mack was a beast in Tecmo Bowl. Brings back some fond memories!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Anybody watch the Bo Jackson 30 for 30 film? Had a segment about how this game helped build his legend. He was pretty unstoppable on that game.

I mainly played Tecmo Super Bowl. I barely knew how to play video games and was pretty unstoppable with the Bills. Bomb up the sideline or sweep right with Thomas was always golden.

I'm sure I'll get killed for this and RBI Baseball was sweet, but gotta give the nod to Baseball Stars as the greatest NES baseball game. Building your own team and climbing the wall were freakin revolutionary.

Double Dribble was cool. The white team(Hawks?) could reign 3s all day. NBA Jam is still my favorite hoops game ever, though. Did have some great times playing NBA Live, making really awful player unstoppable.

Don't think I've ever played a better hockey game than Ice Hockey for NES.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Anybody watch the Bo Jackson 30 for 30 film? Had a segment about how this game helped build his legend. He was pretty unstoppable on that game.

I mainly played Tecmo Super Bowl. I barely knew how to play video games and was pretty unstoppable with the Bills. Bomb up the sideline or sweep right with Thomas was always golden.

I'm sure I'll get killed for this and RBI Baseball was sweet, but gotta give the nod to Baseball Stars as the greatest NES baseball game. Building your own team and climbing the wall were freakin revolutionary.

Double Dribble was cool. The white team(Hawks?) could reign 3s all day. NBA Jam is still my favorite hoops game ever, though. Did have some great times playing NBA Live, making really awful player unstoppable.

Bruce and Bennett were nasty on defense too, :D
  • DewieCox wrote:

Do you remember "Blades of Steel"? I always found it better than ice hockey as a kid.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Do you remember "Blades of Steel"? I always found it better than ice hockey as a kid.

I did and it was cool, but I always had more fun with IH
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Bo Jackson was the man in that game.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I would destroy any of you in Tecmo Super Bowl or RBI Baseball.

Fact.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    mca47 wrote:

Fact.
    Incorrect!!!!! Tecmo Super Bowl was even better imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
    mca47 wrote:

Fact.

i'd take that challenge. :corn:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mca47 wrote:

Fact.

Maybe the baseball but Tecmo? Nah.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Best old-school Football games...in my opinion

Front Page Sports Football/Football Pro/Front Page Sports Football '95 - PC Games, they invented all the customization and career/dynasty mode stuff all games have these days and we take for granted, including weekly league news complete with fake newspaper articles. The players, uniforms, etc were all customizable. You could create teams, move teams to other cities, etc.

John Elway Football - it was just so much fun to run the reverse, where your player would run 10X faster than everybody else and you could run around the field getting chased for 10 minutes.

Joe Montana Football - was the best early alternative to the Madden games. The Madden games were especially irritating in the early-mid 90's because Madden apparently had a boner for the Cowboys or something and they were unrealistically good (I know they WERE really good back then) in those games.

NFL Blitz - not realistic, but fun
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    good call on Joe Montana football. i remember that being the first game that had a speed burst.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    mfc2006 wrote:
    good call on Joe Montana football. i remember that being the first game that had a speed burst.

All of the Montana series were good, there were like 6 over the years, but my favorite was "NFL Football '94 Starring Joe Montana"

g02471b75mb.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mca47 wrote:

Fact.

Nope. I would kick your ass at RBI Baseball. TecmoBowl you'd probably
    Win.
    And that's a fact Jack!!