Am I being paranoid?

timrothtimroth Posts: 215
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
My wife and I just got a new place and we were cleaning it out. We came across a video titled "Living with HIV". We both became kinda freaked out. I know you cant get HIV without dumping uglys but niether of us have known anyone (that we know of) to have HIV. Now we are triple cleaning everything to to be on the safe side. Am I being paranoid?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• timroth wrote:
    My wife and I just got a new place and we were cleaning it out. We came across a video titled "Living with HIV". We both became kinda freaked out. I know you cant get HIV without dumping uglys but niether of us have known anyone (that we know of) to have HIV. Now we are triple cleaning everything to to be on the safe side. Am I being paranoid?

Yep.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    The only way to catch HIV is through bodily fluids. Unless you're using the previous occupants toothbrush or razor you have no chance of catching it.

You may know someone with HIV and not realise it. It's not something people generally make known about themselves. Especially with all the paranoia around.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    A)
    The only way to catch HIV is through bodily fluids. Unless you're using the previous occupants toothbrush or razor you have no chance of catching it.
    and to my knowledge there's still no chance than, unless they left it there 10 minutes before you used it.
    B)
    Who knows it might have been a friend or relative who has the disease or the video might be work related?
    your light's reflected now
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I don't know, better safe then sorry. Anyway its ur wifes job to clean :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I don't know, better safe then sorry. Anyway its ur wifes job to clean :D

Thats what I firgured on both accounts!!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I think you probably are being a bit paranoid. the chances of infection are slim to none. at the same time though, if cleaning it makes you feel better and more comfortable living there then do it. it's not harming anyone :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Wow, I didn't know people still thought like this :/

Jesus, it's not the 1980s anymore. Get educated.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    So is everything ok? :corn:
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    To dig even further. Did you know AIDS was created by the government to kill off gays? The whole monkey thing, yea BS. I wouldnt worry about it

The new "thing" is swine flu and before that was "anthrax". Catch my drift?

Do you not notice how no one talks about aids anymore? The media never mentions it anymore....Not that it doesnt exist, but if it was so important, dont you think we would still be talking about it? Of course not, because they have new dieseases up their sleeves.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Wow, I didn't know people still thought like this :/

Jesus, it's not the 1980s anymore. Get educated.

Agreed with blackeyedangel here, timroth -
    Remember:
    HIV is transmitted primarily via unprotected anal, oral and vaginal intercourse.
    It is also transmitted through contaminated blood transfusions and hypodermic needles, and from mother to child during pregnancy, delivery, or breastfeeding. Remember saliva, tears, splattery poo and urine crust on the ol' commode do not transmit HIV.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    To dig even further. Did you know AIDS was created by the government to kill off gays? The whole monkey thing, yea BS. I wouldnt worry about it

Do you not notice how no one talks about aids anymore? The media never mentions it anymore....Not that it doesnt exist, but if it was so important, dont you think we would still be talking about it? Of course not, because they have new dieseases up their sleeves.

:roll: hope you were being sarcastic. i can't stand it when someone post misinformation while wearing a tin-foil hat

the reason you don't hear about AIDS much anymore is because these days people with HIV are treated with highly effective anti-viral medications. so it's rare their HIV progresses to the point of full-blown AIDS. and even in cases where it does progress, it's not the 'death sentence' it once was with the proper anti-viral treatment.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    prism wrote:

:roll: hope you were being sarcastic. i can't stand it when someone post misinformation while wearing a tin-foil hat

the reason you don't hear about AIDS much anymore is because these days people with HIV are treated with highly effective anti-viral medications. so it's rare their HIV progresses to the point of full-blown AIDS. and even in cases where it does progress, it's not the 'death sentence' it once was with the proper anti-viral treatment.

you keep thinking that. Do you not realize why their "HIV" doesnt progress to "full blown" aids anymore?!? Its because we have the cure, but we dont say it, because WE created the disease, to ward off gays. open up your mind.

http://www.houseofpaine.org/bonziebean/blog/?p=77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjrzo_eLfZM

http://rense.com/general45/cant.htm

you keep thinking that. :roll: this government is so corrupt.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    prism wrote:

you keep thinking that. Do you not realize why their "HIV" doesnt progress to "full blown" aids anymore?!? Its because we have the cure, but we dont say it, because WE created the disease, to ward off gays. open up your mind.

http://www.houseofpaine.org/bonziebean/blog/?p=77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjrzo_eLfZM

http://rense.com/general45/cant.htm

you keep thinking that. :roll: this government is so corrupt.
    :fp:
    no, there is not a 'cure for hiv/aids,' but there are antiviral treatments to decrease the viral load thus decreasing the harmful effects...treatments & a cure for viruses are NOT the same thing.

yes we live in a homophobic society and certainly that needs to change. however it's obvious there's many paranoid consipacy theorists out there that think every negative problem confronting people is because the big bad US government is out to kill them...cause they read it on some wack-job's blog on the internets.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/aids.asp
    there's plently of solid scientific evidence to back it up

take off the tin-foil hat. or are you now gonna say government officals are trying to hunt you down in helicopters and kidnap you, to implant a chip in your head commanding your exile to siberia

edit: just noticed this thread originated in 2008...what's really surprising is there's STILL people in 2012 that cling to myths and ignorance having not caught on to reality regarding hiv & aids
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    timroth wrote:

Jeez,I am stunned to read that such ignorance and paranoia still exists.May your life always remain so cosseted.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    prism wrote:

edit: just noticed this thread originated in 2008...what's really surprising is there's STILL people in 2012 that cling to myths and ignorance having not caught on to reality regarding hiv & aids

I think the only people clinging on to tinfoil hats are the ones believing the BS the media spews to us.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09