Options

how do i get an effing wii?

sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
i thought things would die down after xmas, yet still i can't get one.

any tips so i won't have to pay out the nose to get one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options

Wait until the Wii 2 comes out?
  • Options
    I got lucky, just stop by the stores a lot basically.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    my girlfriend was able to get her hands on one for me for christmas. she went to a local game stop and lucked out.

i am having a shitload of trouble trying to find a 2nd controller & guitar hero now!
  • Options
    i have one! its soo cool
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    The better question is how do I get mine to stop effing?!? I swear if it goes near my ps2 one more time it's going to birth a litter of sega genesis'
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    The better question is how do I get it to stop effing me?!? I swear if it goes near my penis one more time we're going to birth a litter of sega genesis'
    wow, dude. i feel for you :p:D

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I think its just luck of showing up when the are delivered. Target told us they can't hold them. Just come every morning when they open. Which we have yet to do. My boss made friends with a teenager at best buy that said he'd hold one for her "on the downlow" but she already had one. She is gonna call him up again to hook me up with one. I refuse to pay more then list.
  • Options
    wow, dude. i feel for you :p:D

Well done chap! That's far better than your nuts one from earlier!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    The better question is how do I get mine to stop effing?!? I swear if it goes near my ps2 one more time it's going to birth a litter of sega genesis'

a litter of sonic the hedgehogs would be nice ;)
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Well done chap! That's far better than your nuts one from earlier!
    yeah i know. :)

• Options
    I think its just luck of showing up when the are delivered. Target told us they can't hold them. Just come every morning when they open. Which we have yet to do. My boss made friends with a teenager at best buy that said he'd hold one for her "on the downlow" but she already had one. She is gonna call him up again to hook me up with one. I refuse to pay more then list.

someone mentioned blockbuster getting them in every thursday, i'll probably try that next week.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Wait until the Wii 2 comes out?

It's pronounced... Wii Wii...
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's pronounced... Wii Wii...
    hahahahaha

• Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i got lucky. i have a friend with a friend at toys 'r us so i got it that way. then i was in line getting another controller and they got another batch in while i was standing there....had i known you were looking....

i also lucked out getting guitar hero...the best buy near me happened to have them in. i have a serious wii addiction now. it's sad, really. :)

but i think it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
  • Options
    a litter of sonic the hedgehogs would be nice ;)

They'd wipe the floor with a litter of Mario's that's for sure!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    Best thing you can do is call every place that would carry one.

Get the numbers from Best Buys, Circuit Citys, Targets, Wal-Marts, all Gamestop stores, etc.. That's what I did. It turned out the 6 places I called (one Best Buy, one Circuit City, one Wal-Mart, and 3 Gamestops) didn't have one, then I called a Best Buy that was a little further and out of no where they had three! I raced up and grabbed one.

It's all luck, and all stores get shipments at different times. A lot of the time they don't know when they'll get Wii's in, at least not at the big chain stores. Gamestops will usually know but since they will only get a small number they tend to keep it a secret.

Anyway, good luck!
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736

Like I keep saying....SHOW ME YOUR TITS and you can have my daughter's Wii <----and no, that's not slang for anything dirty. Let's not get carried away and get somebody killed up in here;)
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    cory wrote:
    Like I keep saying....SHOW ME YOUR TITS and you can have my daughter's Wii <----and no, that's not slang for anything dirty. Let's not get carried away and get somebody killed up in here;)
    hehehe.

:p

• Options
    I noticed Amazon has some for sale or at least they did two days ago. They were asking around $350.

My mom gave my kids a Wii for Christmas and when I was in Target a week before Christmas, they just got them in stock. It was pretty funny watching everyone dial their cell phones in a frenzy and say "Target has the Wii!!! Should we get one for so and so?". :D

We have PS2, PS3 and now the Wii...... it's as fun as everyone says it is!

good luck
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,752
    smash and grab?
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    my buddy found his by using this site. I think you can subscribe to the RSS feed and get updates.

http://www.xpbargains.com/wii_locator.php
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    I got one at Circuit City around Thanksgiving. They told me that they get shipments on Sunday and to call them Sat night or Sunday morning. I called one Sunday morning and they said they had 14 of them. I went down there and there was a line and I was number 13 or 14. I didn't think I would get one but it turns out that they had more than they said. After getting it, I went to Toys R Us the same morning and they must have had 50 or so.

I got Guitar Hero 3 off ebay for a little bit more than in the stores (about $120). I ordered it a week before Christmas and had it the Friday before.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    when Costco opened up last month they had a pallet with nothing but Wii's on it.

haven't been there since so i'm not sure if they have more.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281

Have Butters freeze you in the snow, when you get thawed out...voila, Wii!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    I'm having a blast playing with my Wii!!!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    Try Costco or Sam's Club if you've got one in your town. They had a bunch with no frenzy, however that was before the Xmas shopping season began. I lucked out and got one about a week before Xmas. I heard BestBuy was getting them every Sunday in fairly large quantities. Mine had 150 units two Sunday's before Xmas, so I showed up at 8:30 (didn't realize they opened at 8:00 on that particular day) and I was the 150th person to get the Wii (good thing I skipped going to Peet's Coffee that morning). Try getting there on a Sunday morning or better yet, call!

Good luck! You'll get one and if you don't, I'm sure you'll have no problem after February.

Wii Sports is a great party game because it's easy to learn and not intimidating to non-gamers. My 85 year old Grandpa was bowling all night w/ us on Xmas!!!

And Super Mario Galaxy is a great game!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Paper mario for the Wii is by far the worst game I have ever played, seen, or even heard the name of!
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    pjtaper wrote:
    Paper mario for the Wii is by far the worst game I have ever played, seen, or even heard the name of!
    I thought Paper M was okay. Had enough old school Mario feeling to pick it up. But it pales in comparison to Super M Galaxy. That games is freaking awesome. My six year old and I fight over who's gonna be player one. Until he gets stuck, at least.

And my pops picked up Guitar Hero III for my boy (cough, cough). I can not put that damn thing down. I had never put much thought to getting the game, but as soon as my dad told me what he'd gotten, I was stoked. The first night, I couldn't stop till I beat all 42 songs on easy. Only one I didn't get the first time was Slayer, I think. And I hadn't heard about Evenflow being included, and it isn't one of the listed songs. So when the "encore" started and I read the song, I got the crappiest grin on my face. And you know I had to stand up to rock that shit!

NBA 08? eh. Not so much after the initial play.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992

I work for Target.... keep an eye on the Sunday sales flyer. If it is advertised on a particular Sunday, they will have them. Get there early and you should have no problem getting one.