• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

:eek: YIKES!!!! That there is something scary! :eek:

I'm addicted to texting! :o
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    haha :)

i hate texting.. if you get a reply from me you're lucky :eek: :p

(Jen get your butt on msn so i can find out about EV :eek: )
    wah
  • Options
    samicksamick Posts: 373
    I actually get pissed when someone texts me............because it's usually a conversation that could be had over the phone in a matter of seconds.......and with out all the cool and hip lingo that comes with it..........
  • Options
    samick wrote:
    I actually get pissed when someone texts me............because it's usually a conversation that could be had over the phone in a matter of seconds.......and with out all the cool and hip lingo that comes with it..........

that's what gets me too, the having to confirm something, and the uncomfortable period where it is confirmed and you wonder whether to reply with 'ok' or 'thanks' 'cos if you just leave it at that, you come across as rude...

is that just me?! :eek: any of that make sense :o
    wah
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I almost never write letters, but I love to get them. They feel so much more personal and special than a phone call. Maybe I should start writng a few and see how many replies I get :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    that's what gets me too, the having to confirm something, and the uncomfortable period where it is confirmed and you wonder whether to reply with 'ok' or 'thanks' 'cos if you just leave it at that, you come across as rude...

is that just me?! :eek: any of that make sense :o

I have told everyone that has my number not text me at all for any reason.......
  • Options
    haha

i hate texting.. if you get a reply from me you're lucky :eek: :p

(Jen get your butt on msn so i can find out about EV :eek: )

:eek: I must be really special cuz you send me lots of texts! :p
  • Options
    samick wrote:

It is a good thing we are not friends then! Phone calls take too much time when I am super busy...a text takes 2 seconds to say "lets meet at 8pm at ___ bar" or whatever. But if you are in a hurry and a the person on the phone goes on and on and on when you only need to get something brief across, that is quite annoying.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    I love getting letters in the mail.
    I should try harder to write them more often.
    Old school kicks ass.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

who here still writes letters?!
    That reminds me...SOMEONE said she was going to send me a postcard...:rolleyes:

Where is it? :p j/k ;)
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

you have someone that owes you mail?
    that's awesome.
    i'd rather be in the shoes of the "waiting" than the shoes of..well..someone like me..

holy smokes!
    i owe alot of people alot of mail

poop..
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632

ha....

I like writing letters but unfortunately I don't receive too many. People just don't want to take the time I guess..it's sad.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    I almost never write letters, but I love to get them. They feel so much more personal and special than a phone call. Maybe I should start writng a few and see how many replies I get :)

ditto, i think you should send some!

no doubt some people will go 'wtf, couldn't they have emailed/texted me this' but another part SHOULD go 'awww sweet' :o

:D
    wah
  • Options
    samick wrote:
    I have told everyone that has my number not text me at all for any reason.......

:eek:

do you still get many?
    wah
  • Options
    :eek: I must be really special cuz you send me lots of texts! :p

you ARE special :p hahahahaa! :D:eek: love the new signature quote!!
    wah
  • Options
    It is a good thing we are not friends then! Phone calls take too much time when I am super busy...a text takes 2 seconds to say "lets meet at 8pm at ___ bar" or whatever. But if you are in a hurry and a the person on the phone goes on and on and on when you only need to get something brief across, that is quite annoying.

good point, but still... :p how often do those meetups involve one text on both parties behalf? :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    Old school kicks ass.

i've decided to send a few out.. will be interesting whether any come back
    wah
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I love texting! It allows me to shoot a funny one or two sentence message to some ladies without having to have a drawn out conversation with pauses and awkwardness. Before anyone tells me to try having a more interesting conversation, let me just say that sometimes too many words can put a damper on the big picture. It's all about intentions. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options

HAHAHAAHAAA it's in the works!! it involves some cut and paste and sticky tape and such :o

i promise it'll be more awesome than.. something very awesome ;)
    wah
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    ha....

I like writing letters but unfortunately I don't receive too many. People just don't want to take the time I guess..it's sad.

so you do send a few out then here and there?
    wah
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I love texting! It allows me to shoot a funny one or two sentence message to some ladies without having to have a drawn out conversation with pauses and awkwardness. Before anyone tells me to try having a more interesting conversation, let me just say that sometimes too many words can put a damper on the big picture. It's all about intentions. ;)

yes.. very valid point :D haha! i wouldn't say one is better than the other (in terms of calls, texts, letters) but it's nice to have all these options to execute the perfect 'mood' or whatever :)
    wah
  • Options
    yes.. very valid point :D haha! i wouldn't say one is better than the other (in terms of calls, texts, letters) but it's nice to have all these options to execute the perfect 'mood' or whatever :)

Exactly! I have nothing against the other methods and use them as well. Well, who am I kidding, I haven't written a letter in decades. But calling, emailing, and texting are all part of the arsenal!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Exactly! I have nothing against the other methods and use them as well. Well, who am I kidding, I haven't written a letter in decades. But calling, emailing, and texting are all part of the arsenal!

aresenal :D i say stick with what you're doing mookie, i think if you tried the letter format as part of your arsenal it may even come across as stalker-ish these days :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    chadwick wrote:
    Old school kicks ass.

I still write in my journal for the love of GOD!!! :eek:

I don't even have text on my cell phone!! ;)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    aresenal :D i say stick with what you're doing mookie, i think if you tried the letter format as part of your arsenal it may even come across as stalker-ish these days :eek:

I will stick with what is working. I don't think it would go over too well the next time I'm in a club if I ask some chick for her addy so I could "drop something special" in the mail for her. But, who knows?!? It could be the next big thing!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options

See I tell people I have to go when I don't have to hear them ramble.........I don't just let them...........and if the continue to ramble......I just hang up

I'm not trying to be a dick to them.........if i have to go I have to go
  • Options
    :eek:

do you still get many?

zero actually........if they need to reach me they call.........or get ignored it's as simple as that........
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    so you do send a few out then here and there?

Oh yeah, I like writing letters.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.