Options

Thank You, Ron Zook!!!

tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
...for ridding of us that charade of a team at #1 in the BCS!!!!!

I was impressed by the class that OSU showed at the end of the game. :rolleyes:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,467
    Illini Nation rejoices.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    AMEN!!! Was soooo damn sick of hearing about the MIGHTY OSU that had beaten the juggernauts such as... NOBODY, NOBODIES!
    Thank goodness that hype machine was knocked off the rails!
  • Options
    So who would be in the title game if the season was over? LSU vs Oregon? I'd take that. Don't really want Kansas or Oklahoma in there.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    tybird wrote:

i am curious what the hell that was all about. it was ugly. the game was disappointing enough as it was.

im super pissed about the fumble that wasn't that led to illinois's first touchdown, but they dominated the rest of the game so there's really no way to say it would have changed the game. the buckeye D looked hapless and boeckman showed his inexperience. it was the first time i've ever questioned tressel's playcalling too... like calling a timeout when illinois was about to punt to them on 4th and inches. what the fuck man? let em kick it!

so it goes. better lose close to a team that gets a lot from it than go get smoked by another sec team in january ;)

now to get our asses to the rose bowl :)
  • Options
    i am curious what the hell that was all about. it was ugly. the game was disappointing enough as it was.

im super pissed about the fumble that wasn't that led to illinois's first touchdown, but they dominated the rest of the game so there's really no way to say it would have changed the game. the buckeye D looked hapless and boeckman showed his inexperience. it was the first time i've ever questioned tressel's playcalling too... like calling a timeout when illinois was about to punt to them on 4th and inches. what the fuck man? let em kick it!

so it goes. better lose close to a team that gets a lot from it than go get smoked by another sec team in january ;)

now to get our asses to the rose bowl :)
    The TV announcers talked like OSU had the wrong group of people on the field....they weren't sure what the other team was doing.....

As to plays not being reviewed/reviewed in college....I feel your pain. They overturned a long complete pass for Alabama against LSU last week.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    The TV announcers talked like OSU had the wrong group of people on the field....they weren't sure what the other team was doing.....

As to plays not being reviewed/reviewed in college....I feel your pain. They overturned a long complete pass for Alabama against LSU last week.

yeah, that one stung. instead of 7-7, it woulda been 7-0 with osu possession and a lot of momentum. but illinois played the better game. period.

osu did have the regular defense on the field, i assume tressel called timeout to get the punt returners... which gave zook enough time to realize he'd be a fool to punt in that situation. let them punt it. if no one's there to catch it... so what? you get the ball back and a crack at tying. illinois had the ball for the next 8 minutes after that 4th down and won the game.

i also think tressel was a fool to call that long bomb that gave them that possession via interception. illinois had their receivers smothered all day. boeckman had just scrambled for a first down and while the running game wasn't pretty, it was working. the passing game never gelled and the second boeckman dropped back i knew what was going to happen.

ah well. this season has been much better for the buckeyes than i ever hoped anyway. and i dont mind seeing illinois get a quality win and hopefully some recognition for the way they've been playing. that's better for the big ten than watching lsu embarass the buckeyes in new orleans ;)
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    tybird wrote:

oregon will house LSU

it wont be close
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    oregon will house LSU

it wont be close
    Close........and could go either way.
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    who would of thought that Ron Zook would get a big W? probably very few
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,467
    Hartydog wrote:
    who would of thought that Ron Zook would get a big W? probably very few

Honestly I thought Illinois would win. I know, Monday Morning Quarterback...

But they played OSU CLOSE last year, and almost won THAT game. I kinda had a feeling this time around they would pull it off, even in Columbus.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Honestly I thought Illinois would win. I know, Monday Morning Quarterback...

But they played OSU CLOSE last year, and almost won THAT game. I kinda had a feeling this time around they would pull it off, even in Columbus.

i've been saying to everyone that i was more nervous for illinois than michigan. illinois had their number last season, and they are 10 times the team they were then.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    tybird wrote:
    Close........and could go either way.

in la la land

:rolleyes:
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Illini Nation rejoices.

as of yesterday i am a fan...:D

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Still pumped over the win. I think the Illini are Outback Bowl bound.

I L L I N I
  • Options
    Still pumped over the win. I think the Illini are Outback Bowl bound.

I L L I N I
    I guess there's not a FireRonZook.com in your part of the world, eh? ;)
This discussion has been closed.