Options

wma

happyhourherohappyhourhero Posts: 204
edited March 2008 in The Porch
ok, as far as i know, this hasn't been played in years (please correct me if im wrong) personally i think this is a much better song for the boys to bust out, than no way. no way is an ok song, but thats it, for me atleast. I would really love to hear this song on this tour(not a tag)...anyone agree with me? I think it might be cool if they opened a show with it, but thats just me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    WMA Atlanta 94 is one of the all time greats. That is all Jeff, who in my opinion is the real secret weapon of PJ. An opener maybe not. Just thrown in the set as a suprise would be incredible.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    givnflygivnfly Posts: 51
    WMA is probably my favorite song on VS. I have been to 13 concerts in the past 10 years and if they were to play that song in the next couple months it would be unbelievable. They played leash in Boston 2 years ago, how about WMA this year!
    Saratoga '00/ Mansfield I '00/ Montreal '00/ Albany '03/ Mansfield I '03/ Mansfield III '03/ Boston I '04/ Boston II '04/ Montreal '05/ Albany '06/ Hartford '06/ Boston I '06/ Boston II '06/ MSG II '08/ Hartford II '08/ Mansfield I '08/ Mansfield II '08/ Hartford '10/ Boston '10/ Montreal '11/ Worcester I '13/ Worcester II '13/ Hartford '13/ MSG I '16/ Quebec City '16/ Fenway I '16/ Fenway II '16/ Fenway I '18/ Fenway II '18/ MSG '22(rescheduled '20 Covid show)/ Austin I '23/ Fenway I '24/ Fenway II '24

• Options
    ok, as far as i know, this hasn't been played in years (please correct me if im wrong) personally i think this is a much better song for the boys to bust out, than no way. no way is an ok song, but thats it, for me atleast. I would really love to hear this song on this tour(not a tag)...anyone agree with me? I think it might be cool if they opened a show with it, but thats just me.

I have been saying that for years! I knew I wasn't alone in the bid to hear WMA stand alone live.

The opener idea is excellent. I second that.

I can almost hear it now...
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    long road
    mfc
    in hiding
    smile
    wma

in that order to start off mansfield.... oh that would be good. Then they can kick into the heart of the show!!
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    The best you can hope for is an extended WMA tag on daughter,
    but i agree.

And please people, stop mentioning Atlanta '94 ... i was 14 and desperately wanted to go, and ALMOST bought scalped tickets for like $150 a piece ... but thought it was "too expensive".

yeah yeah.
    i'm an idiot.
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    And please people, stop mentioning Atlanta '94 ... i was 14 and desperately wanted to go, and ALMOST bought scalped tickets for like $150 a piece ... but thought it was "too expensive".

yeah yeah.
    i'm an idiot.

Still the best Porch ever played...Ouch!....Sorry.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Still the best Porch ever played...Ouch!....Sorry.
    haha.
    i've got a good chuckle of a story about that:

back in tha diz-ay ... '95 ... i was at my buddies house, and we were playing pearl jam CDs on his stereo.

I put in a bootleg CD (it may have been the Vegas boot from Hall. Recipe, i can't remember) ... and Porch came on ...

... about half way through Porch, my friend walks over to the CD player and ejects it.

I says to him, "what the hell did you do that for?"

And he just looks at me, holding up his Red Dissident Dijipack Disc and shoots this shit eating grin ... and say ... "My Porch Is Longer Than Your Porch!"
    :D:D:D

That is funny shit.
    At least it was (still is) to me.
    heh.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    The best you can hope for is an extended WMA tag on daughter,
    but i agree.

yeah yeah.
    i'm an idiot.
    damn. 150 is a bargain nowadays!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    WMA is one of my favorites,i would love to see them play that live...

along with crown of thorns and my favorite,SLEIGHT OF HAND!!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    WMA is one of my favorites,i would love to see them play that live...

along with crown of thorns and my favorite,SLEIGHT OF HAND!!

oooooh crown of thorns!
    in 06 chicago, ed said they save that one for "special occasions/places" then they FLOWed right into it. LOVE that song. :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270

i agree!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    cool deal, im not the only one. (didn't think i was). hopefully we'll get to hear wma on this tour

atlanta 94 was a great show..wish i was there. and as mentioned the porch from that show is insane.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    yea, we need to hear some w.m.a.

and some all those yesterdays, non-acoustic style
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    hell yea, i wanna hear WMA...i totally forgot about that song. we need that over no way so much more!

PS: jack played WMA much better than dave, pass it on.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    I'm so on board for some WMA. I love ATL 94 when they say, hey last time we tried this it didn't work so well, then they nail it in the FOX! Foreshadowing..............
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Count me in for a vote for some WMA...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    Too good to let fall down the pages. Its time for a WMA revival. Its time to let Jeff shine, and bring one of the best PJ songs ever out of its hibernation.