10 reasons to give thanks for MEN

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Women: Give thanks for men!
By Dan Bova
OK, so we have our faults: Forgetting anniversaries, forgetting to put the seat down, and a whole bunch of other important things I’m forgetting. But before you go wishing for a world devoid of us big dumb apes, take a minute to reflect on all the joy we bring to your world. Like duct tape, dudes have all kinds of helpful uses, like…

1. We do gross things you don’t want to do
Got a bug that needs squishing? A clogged drain that needs snaking? In this day and age of women doing it for themselves, every once in a while, it’s nice to sit back and let a guy feel like a “real man” and do your dirty work for you. Whether we’re sweating our butt off hefting air conditioners into your bedroom window or carrying heavy cases of bottled water from the car to the house, dudes are not above getting grimy for your affection.

2. Our constant desire to have sex with you has got to be good for your ego
Maybe our attempts to have quickies before you run out the door for work aren’t exactly romantic, but what can we say, you drive us wild! What could be a better boost for your self-image than a dude who wants to spend as much time as humanly possible in the presence of your nakedness?

3. We’ll never tell you that you look fat in those jeans
No matter how many times you ask or what size they are, the answer will always be unilaterally, unequivocally NO.

4. We’re easy to please
Fancy dinners? Pricey presents? Save your dough. To bring a big smile to your fella’s face, follow this simple equation: One beer + one couch = happy man.

5. We keep you up to date on all the latest gadgets
You don’t want a TV set bigger than your dining-room table? Fine, but we’ll let you know when your computer is hopelessly outdated and which new cell phone doubles as an MP3, takes pictures, and reminds you to call your mom on her birthday all at the same time. It’s like having your own personal electronics consultant—for free!

6. You can squeeze our arms as hard as you like during the scary parts of movies
And aside from making great stress squeeze balls at the multiplex, we’re also good to call in the middle of the night when you think you hear some gigantic mouse sneaking around downstairs. No man will say no to a late-night trip to your place because (a) We care about you and want to make sure you’re OK and (b) The potential for sex is way too high to pass up.

7. Our old college T-shirts are the most comfortable pajamas in the universe
See? There’s a very good reason that we refuse to throw them out.

8. We make you laugh your butt off
Sometimes, being an overgrown three-year-old has its benefits, like all the weird website links we forward you to break up your boring day at work.

9. Whenever you’re upset about work, our response is always, “Your boss is an f-ing idiot.”
Dudes see things in black and white. We’re not all about understanding the subtleties and layers of an argument. If you’re having problems at your job, we won’t play psychoanalyst and try to get to the root of the problem. We won’t try to figure out if you are doing anything to make the situation worse: If your boss is pissing you off, your boss is obviously a jerk and doesn’t deserve to have you onboard.

10. We nearly always make the first move
Asking someone out, leaning in for that first kiss—all instances that can result in ego-destroying rejection. But even the meekest of men are willing to take the risk when a beauty like you steps into our lives. So sit back and enjoy watching us tremble.

Dan Bova has written for Stuff, Redbook, and other magazines. For the female perspective on this issue, read Guys: Give thanks for women!.

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=7490&menuID=6
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• haha good stuff! maddening critters they can be sometimes, but i love 'em :D
  • Thanks, dreams!! I liked that :D

oh and I agree with you chiq.. sometimes hard to figure out but what we would do without 'em??? ;)
  • well i think it's known...i LOVE men. :D
    especially MY man, but yea....men in general too. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• well i think it's known...i LOVE men. :D
    especially MY man, but yea....men in general too. ;)

I hope Mr dreams is spoiling you today :D

Men? oh they are all right :rolleyes: :p

*trying to refrain from making cheeky tart comment*
  • I hope Mr dreams is spoiling you today :D

Men? oh they are all right :rolleyes: :p

*trying to refrain from making cheeky tart comment*

he already has, and the day is young. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• prismprism Posts: 2,440
    I suppose this could be applied to the nice guys (the ones that are already taken) but i just can't seem to to be thankful for the rest of the assholes that remain available...blah
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • 1. We do gross things you don’t want to do
    Got a bug that needs squishing? A clogged drain that needs snaking? In this day and age of women doing it for themselves, every once in a while, it’s nice to sit back and let a guy feel like a “real man” and do your dirty work for you. Whether we’re sweating our butt off hefting air conditioners into your bedroom window or carrying heavy cases of bottled water from the car to the house, dudes are not above getting grimy for your affection.

???? Men do that!? I do those things!

Mine's a very good dad though. :)
    ...and he's funny...

I find most men funnier than women.
  • he already has, and the day is young. :D

NICE :D:D
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Thats more like it ;)
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Yay for false stereotypes that act as self-fullfilling prophecies by mass proliferation through sociocultural intermingling.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yay for false stereotypes that act as self-fullfilling prophecies by mass proliferation through sociocultural intermingling.

You're not "assuming" again are you Ryan? :p

Now quit being so grumpy or I'll have to take the same action with you that I take with my brother when he's being a sarcastic, negative old sod! :p:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Jeanie wrote:
    You're not "assuming" again are you Ryan? :p

Now quit being so grumpy or I'll have to take the same action with you that I take with my brother when he's being a sarcastic, negative old sod! :p:D

I just don't like stereotypes and it was an excuse to use some lengthy words.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,442
    Well, I can't think of ten reasons to give thanks to men, but I can think of ten inches ;)
  • tish wrote:
    Well, I can't think of ten reasons to give thanks to men,

I was sort of thinking the same thing. It's hard to sum up all guys generally and give 10 reasons.

Maybe I could do it with my partner but nobody wants to hear about him. :D
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I just don't like stereotypes and it was an excuse to use some lengthy words.

Yeah, but by assuming that we are all holding them to be true are you not also being stereotypical? :) Just asking.

Anyway, Mr Big words :p , just remember that we not all as stupid as you give us credit for! Now lighten up or I'll have to put Operation Doofus into action! :p:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I like to think I'm the biggest reason to give thanks for men.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    They'll change the litter box and do the grocery shopping - YAY men! :clap:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    tish wrote:
    Well, I can't think of ten reasons to give thanks to men, but I can think of ten inches ;)

:corn:
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23