a 3 day work-week

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
tis a beautiful thing......:cool:
gotta love the holidays....4 day weekends for thanksgiving, christmas and new years......brilliant!

:D
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    not for me i will/allways work the day after turkey day very slow here so it's basically come here and eat left overs and post here ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Must be nice. Thanks for rubbing it in! :p

Atleast I get paid for an extra day those weeks. Still have to work 5 days.
  • not for me i will/allways work the day after turkey day very slow here so it's basically come here and eat left overs and post here ....

well this is a first for me, so very excited. :p
    while i taught i also always worked retail...so yea...always rather busy during the holiday season. ;) haha. this is the first year i EVEr have a M-F gig, and yea....all this TIME for the holidays to kick back. i love it. although sadly, don't get the whole week between christmas and new years off as they have given in the past, but 2 4-day weekends in a row works just fine....and it is slooooowww here as well, so no biggie. so sure, december 26-28 i'm sure to be parked here as well. :D

LAO...sorry. :o i'm just happy/excited about it. i get very generous vacation/holiday, but still nothing compared to when i taught. nonetheless...this gig is a far better deal for me.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• a two-and-a-half-day week....we are getting the kids out of here at 11am on wednesday, teachers can leave at 11:15

sweetness
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Very nice :)

I have a two day work week at Christmas and I may see about taking NY's eve off for a long weekend. Although I may have to save my days for another trip I am planning :D:D;)

*waves to dreams*

Hello, friend!! We need to touch base sometime....... I am hoping I took your addy without me from home. I was a bit scattered when I left :o
  • i have to work friday. I haven't accrued any floating holidays yet :(.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    hell yeah!! before you know it, it is going to be wednesday night and i will be getting drunk in celebration of multiple days off in a row.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    well this is a first for me, so very excited. :p
    while i taught i also always worked retail...so yea...always rather busy during the holiday season. ;) haha. this is the first year i EVEr have a M-F gig, and yea....all this TIME for the holidays to kick back. i love it. although sadly, don't get the whole week between christmas and new years off as they have given in the past, but 2 4-day weekends in a row works just fine....and it is slooooowww here as well, so no biggie. so sure, december 26-28 i'm sure to be parked here as well. :D

LAO...sorry. :o i'm just happy/excited about it. i get very generous vacation/holiday, but still nothing compared to when i taught. nonetheless...this gig is a far better deal for me.

hey glad for you it is nice to have off during the holiday season will have time off during the xmas break ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    no black friday's off in the bond market

although my bday is dec 26th,,so ill be taking xmas week off :)

enjoy
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I'm having a tough time with my 1.5 day week this week.... Noon tomorrow can't come quick enough.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • oh hell yes, so happy it's a 3day week! not short enough if you ask me lol
  • oh hell yes, so happy it's a 3day week! not short enough if you ask me lol

ooooooooooooooo yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :D
    it is soooo dead here, and will be thruout the holidays.

i am so thankful for thanksgiving ;)...and the holidays in general...fun, fun, fun! luckily too, don't count as floating holidays, it's just firm designated...period. gotta love it. i may even take the friday off before christmas, just becasue....and turn it into a 5 day weekend/holiday since mr. dream can't take any time off in december, but one of his usual days off is a friday...be quite nice. also, we get to leave 2 hours early the day before a holiday or holiday weekend...so even better. :p gotta love it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• :( In the restaurant business, this week is no different than any other for me. I'm not scheduled for Thursdays anyway. I hope everyone else enjoys their time off. I should make some good $$ next weekend :D
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • :( In the restaurant business, this week is no different than any other for me. I'm not scheduled for Thursdays anyway. I hope everyone else enjoys their time off. I should make some good $$ next weekend :D

Sometimes I miss being in the industry... well truth be told I miss the cash and the usually pretty cool people that you end up working with !!!
  • ooooooooooooooo yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :D
    it is soooo dead here, and will be thruout the holidays.

i am so thankful for thanksgiving ;)...and the holidays in general...fun, fun, fun! luckily too, don't count as floating holidays, it's just firm designated...period. gotta love it. i may even take the friday off before christmas, just becasue....and turn it into a 5 day weekend/holiday since mr. dream can't take any time off in december, but one of his usual days off is a friday...be quite nice. also, we get to leave 2 hours early the day before a holiday or holiday weekend...so even better. :p gotta love it!
    excellent, all of it! :)

we get thursday and friday off (in lieu of columbus day we get that friday which is better, 4 day weekend plus columbus was a righteous bitch lol). and we usually get out early on wednesday, weeeeee!

i get the 24th and 25th and the 31st and 1st off, but the campus shuts down for curtailment so most folks just take the rest of the time off inbetween, which is probably what i shall do. i got enough vacation time stowed away so i'm going for it :)

can't wait to do NOTHING hahaha
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Two day work week for me. Whew. :D:D:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Me too !!

I'm done Tuesday and going out drinking on Wednesday Night !

The crew we're going out with had T-shirts made up...:rolleyes:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 2 1/2 day work week this week...and the college closes the full week between Christmas Eve and New Year's. I'm tacking on an extra week of vacation making for a nice little break :) Time to recharge...ahhhhhh :)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • I am thinking "5-day kid week"! ....no freedom until next Monday! :eek:

I don't work (except for my kids), my freedom is when my kids are at school at tomorrow is their final day this week....

..and I am hosting Thanksgiving..

..and I have my son's birthday party this weekend.

I will be enjoying wine via an I.V. tube by Sunday evening.

"you shall be released" ~ EV
  • I am thinking "5-day kid week"! ....no freedom until next Monday! :eek:

I don't work (except for my kids), my freedom is when my kids are at school at tomorrow is their final day this week....

..and I am hosting Thanksgiving..

..and I have my son's birthday party this weekend.

I will be enjoying wine via an I.V. tube by Sunday evening.

and this is why i don't teach anymore. ;) haha.

i will be enjoying a wine IV by tomorrow i imagine. :D not b/c i NEED it for any particular reason, more like because i WANT to.....good times. :cool:

AND.....4.5 hours and then wooohooooooooo........4 days of bliss!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...