Options

XBOX 360 question

We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 452
edited August 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
A friend of a friend is selling a white 20GB, used only twice, for $125.

I trust my friend, who says the other guy has money to burn, so he bought it, and doesn't want it anymore.

Is this a good deal? I'd buy it for the sports games. I have a Wii, and apparently Madden on Wii is completely different than on XBox 360. I've never played an XBox 360, and was gonna get one a while ago, but I saw the Wii, and got hooked.

And I have a plasma TV, and would love to see what video games look like in hi-def.

Best Buy lists a white 20 GB for $299.

Too good to be true?
If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    if he's your friend and if you trust him, buy it.. that seems a good price...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    do it. games in hi-def look so much better. good deal too
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    As a side note, Madden for Wii is awesome.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    DeLukin wrote:
    As a side note, Madden for Wii is awesome.

I was just reading something it the other day...It is an "All Play"....What does that mean? Do you know how they play differs from xbox and ps3? Is it easy or hard? Thanks in advance for any help...
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    I was just reading something it the other day...It is an "All Play"....What does that mean? Do you know how they play differs from xbox and ps3? Is it easy or hard? Thanks in advance for any help...

I don't know much about the Madden All Play. I think it's a separate game from 'regular' Madden '09. As far as game play in general, it's pretty cool - you throw passes by making a passing motion with the wii mote (you can also control the type of throw by the type of motion you use). Running is more intuitive, kicking is more intuitive. It's just refreshing to not have to memorize 150 different button combos to get things done.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    DeLukin wrote:
    I don't know much about the Madden All Play. I think it's a separate game from 'regular' Madden '09. As far as game play in general, it's pretty cool - you throw passes by making a passing motion with the wii mote (you can also control the type of throw by the type of motion you use). Running is more intuitive, kicking is more intuitive. It's just refreshing to not have to memorize 150 different button combos to get things done.

So most of the game is played more or less with the motions of the wii remote and nunchuck rather than sitting on your ass and pressing buttons? More interactive like the bowling or golf and the like??

Also(I am not the sharpest cheese in the fridge) what do you mean by the kicking and running being more intuitve?? Sorry I am an idiot! hahaha

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    A friend of a friend is selling a white 20GB, used only twice, for $125.

I trust my friend, who says the other guy has money to burn, so he bought it, and doesn't want it anymore.

Is this a good deal? I'd buy it for the sports games. I have a Wii, and apparently Madden on Wii is completely different than on XBox 360. I've never played an XBox 360, and was gonna get one a while ago, but I saw the Wii, and got hooked.

And I have a plasma TV, and would love to see what video games look like in hi-def.

Best Buy lists a white 20 GB for $299.

Too good to be true?

If you trust this guy, then I'd say it's a good deal.
    You should note that 360s have a high rate of malfunction so I'd ask him to play it or see it working before I'd drop the cash.
    Take a look on Ebay or Craigslist. You'll see hundreds of 360s on there where people are selling their bricked systems for dirt cheap.
    If it works fine, then I'd pick it up because that's a good price. If it's got the red ring of death, then you're better off getting a new (less chance of problems) system.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    If you trust this guy, then I'd say it's a good deal.
    You should note that 360s have a high rate of malfunction so I'd ask him to play it or see it working before I'd drop the cash.
    Take a look on Ebay or Craigslist. You'll see hundreds of 360s on there where people are selling their bricked systems for dirt cheap.
    If it works fine, then I'd pick it up because that's a good price. If it's got the red ring of death, then you're better off getting a new (less chance of problems) system.

Also, have him take off the faceplate and look at the microsoft sticker on the front of the 360

http://www.teamxmods.com/images/codes/xbox-360-sticker-seal4.jpg

If it looks like it's been tampered with...I wouldn't fuck with it. The reason I say this is because microsoft extended the warranty of the 360 to cover any systems that suffer from the three red flashing lights for up to three years. All you have to do is call microsoft and request a repair box. they pay for shipping. To figure out if the system is still covered, look at the back of the 360 and look for a manufacture date. But if the microsoft repair center believes that your sticker has been tampered with, for whatever reason, they'll ship your xbox back without any repair.

http://games.gearlive.com/blogimages/rrod-360-date-close.jpg

(It's the MFR Date)

Since the 360 debuted late 05, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Oh, by the way, yea if it's in working condition and hasn't been messed with, that is a very good deal. A stripped down 360 that doesn't have a hard drive and a small memory card currently retails for $279
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Also, have him take off the faceplate and look at the microsoft sticker on the front of the 360

http://www.teamxmods.com/images/codes/xbox-360-sticker-seal4.jpg

If it looks like it's been tampered with...I wouldn't fuck with it. The reason I say this is because microsoft extended the warranty of the 360 to cover any systems that suffer from the three red flashing lights for up to three years. All you have to do is call microsoft and request a repair box. they pay for shipping. To figure out if the system is still covered, look at the back of the 360 and look for a manufacture date. But if the microsoft repair center believes that your sticker has been tampered with, for whatever reason, they'll ship your xbox back without any repair.

http://games.gearlive.com/blogimages/rrod-360-date-close.jpg

(It's the MFR Date)

Since the 360 debuted late 05, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Oh, by the way, yea if it's in working condition and hasn't been messed with, that is a very good deal. A stripped down 360 that doesn't have a hard drive and a small memory card currently retails for $279
    This is the best advice posted. Check the sticker under the faceplate, and if it's still sealed, go for it ;)
  • Options
    So most of the game is played more or less with the motions of the wii remote and nunchuck rather than sitting on your ass and pressing buttons? More interactive like the bowling or golf and the like??

Also(I am not the sharpest cheese in the fridge) what do you mean by the kicking and running being more intuitve?? Sorry I am an idiot! hahaha

Check out this vid. It's a good intro to how it works:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_videogames/2006/11/madden_wii_hand.html

And Madden has a lot of practice modes built into it so you can practice before you start playing. Very cool.
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    Check out this vid. It's a good intro to how it works:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_videogames/2006/11/madden_wii_hand.html

And Madden has a lot of practice modes built into it so you can practice before you start playing. Very cool.

Thanks, I will def check it out!

• Options
    Bump. Curious if the OP got the 360.