Options

Keep the Christmas out of Thanksgiving

drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Is there anyone we can petition or complain to about the Christmas garbage starting up before Thanksgiving? Before Halloween in some stores.

I like Christmas, but October is just too early for all of it, don't you think? I can't imagine how annoying it must be for someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas.

And the Black Friday sales starting at Midnight or 4:00am? Is that really necessary?
drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    etiam petition vestri senior quod savior pro is suus balanus of suus ortus
  • Options
    I'd sign that petition. :)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    the world is just outta CONTROL!!! the christmas festivities at disneyland started on the SIXXXTEENTH!!!! :eek: normally they start the day AFTER thanksgibbing!!! damn.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    keep Christmas out of the public sphere until December 1.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    yeah i agree way to early to start this nonsense traffic sucks people everywhere stores packed all the time ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    smarchee wrote:
    keep Christmas out of the public sphere until December 1.

I like this idea.

I will refrain from making a "Born Close to Christmas" thread, because that just brings out the bitter in me.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    That's what the wanker Puritans tried to do in America in the 1650s. It didn't work then, and it won't work now.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    How about this?

Get rid of Christmas and Thanksgiving all together.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    It was worse this year because of the bad economy.....retailers think its gonna be a bad season...so they got a jumpstart on it.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    Nordstrom was great about this...

They put up a note on their display windows saying "We take one holiday at a time...so we'll be decking our halls on November 22nd. Happy Thanksgiving!"
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Ahnimus wrote:
    How about this?

Get rid of Christmas and Thanksgiving all together.

Well, we don't have Thanksgiving over here, and Christmas is a good season for gigs. So, keep Christmas purely for that basis. :cool:
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Christmas is there, take out of it what you want to..don't get too upset about what others do with it.
    It's no big deal to me, but I enjoy a few days off, and a nice dinner, and stuff.
    Steven Wright ..."what does Jesus ever do for Santa Claus on his birthday?"
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....