Options

i got a church leaflet through my door this morning

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
where do find these people that think this shit up?

Its called "Finding the WAY through Scotland" and its basically taking me around Scotland and saying stuff like:-

".. The North East's rugged coastline mirrors much of life as the 'storms' of unemployment, ill-health and broken relationships can suddenly come upon us."

why do they always do that analogy shite?

i remember my school minister used to say things like:-

".. i was walking here this morning when a woman, carrying bags and bags of shoipping, bent down and tied her laces and just as she did so a man on a bike went passed and his bike had a puncture and as a result he was slower than everyone else.... blah blah... and you know it made me think of Mary and Joesph and their long trek to Bethlehem on their little donkey that was slower than everyone else, and the bags of this lady was like Mary carrying the Baby Jesus in her womb...."

:confused: but :D

" i was making a trifle the other day.. and i thought of Noah and the Arc... the cream was the floods, etc etc"

seriously.. they're all mental
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    where do find these people that think this shit up?

Its called "Finding the WAY through Scotland" and its basically taking me around Scotland and saying stuff like:-

".. The North East's rugged coastline mirrors much of life as the 'storms' of unemployment, ill-health and broken relationships can suddenly come upon us."

why do they always do that analogy shite?

i remember my school minister used to say things like:-

".. i was walking here this morning when a woman, carrying bags and bags of shoipping, bent down and tied her laces and just as she did so a man on a bike went passed and his bike had a puncture and as a result he was slower than everyone else.... blah blah... and you know it made me think of Mary and Joesph and their long trek to Bethlehem on their little donkey that was slower than everyone else, and the bags of this lady was like Mary carrying the Baby Jesus in her womb...."

:confused: but :D

" i was making a trifle the other day.. and i thought of Noah and the Arc... the cream was the floods, etc etc"

seriously.. they're all mental
    Maybe the next one will be an invitation to join a gun club ;)
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    The Lord is calling you Dunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options

Didn't mean to send this twice - it was God's doing Dunk!!!! ;)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    you posted that twice Steve.. doeseth the Lord thinketh me deaf? ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

Didn't mean to send this twice - it was God's doing Dunk!!!! ;)

That made me laugh more than the original post. (Maybe that's Gods way of telling me I should steal a signature from somebody else soon). :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    If everything in the world is pre-ordained then does that mean that Ahnimus was sent here for a reason?

Could it be that he is in fact the son of......

Or am I just drunk, and confusing myself? ㅕ댜ㅜ니ㅣㅈ벹토ㅗㅁㄷ. And why did my keyboard just start typing in Korean? :confused:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

Or am I just drunk, and confusing myself? ㅕ댜ㅜ니ㅣㅈ벹토ㅗㅁㄷ. And why did my keyboard just start typing in Korean? :confused:

I don't know but it's pretty impressive!
  • Options
    I think Byrnzie just swore at us! :eek: :D

Dunk - better stay inside today!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options

I'm sure he can handle whatever's coming his way. :D
  • Options
    I'm sure he can handle whatever's coming his way. :D

True. THis thread reminds me of the movie 'The Commitments' when Billy the drummer whispers something and the priest says something like 'The Lord doesn't like it when we talk in whispers' and Billy replies 'What is he, deaf?'. Classic.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    I think Byrnzie just swore at us! :eek: :D

I think he said would you like a piece of sushi? I'm off to get some ass..
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Funny:
    as I was coming out of the supermarket and unlocking my bike tonight, this woman comes up to me: 'can I ask you something?', like she wants direction or something.
    then asks if I believe in the Bible :confused: out of the blue..

I replied with an enthusiastic "NO, very convinced Atheist!" and a big :D
    she pissed off fast ;)
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dunkman wrote:
    and i thought of Noah and the Arc
    Noah and the Arc??? What did Noah have to do with sections of circles??? I thought that he built a big boat called an "Ark"??? :confused:;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Noah and the Arc??? What did Noah have to do with sections of circles??? I thought that he built a big boat called an "Ark"??? :confused:;)

well you must have listened in bible class... i was too busy looking up girls skirts ;):D

yeah.. he used an arc to design the hull :o
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dunkman wrote:
    well you must have listened in bible class... i was too busy looking up girls skirts ;):D
    I was an over-achiever.....I did both.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.