Options

Interesting PJ tatoo sighting yesterday

WildEyedMaryWildEyedMary Posts: 127
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Just thought I would share...
I work at a clothing store in the mall and a guy and his wife (in their mid-thirties probably) came in with their 4 (?) kids. Their kids were running all over the store and we were getting a little frustrated because they were messing everything up and their parents were not doing anything. Anyway I walked past him and noticed some tatoos on his ankles, one was the stickman!!! I was excited because I hardly know or see anyone that even listens to PJ. I hung around by the registers (kind of waiting for him to come up so I could talk to him). A little later his wife checked out so I walked past him, casually, and said something like, "Oh, are you a big Pearl Jam fan...your tatoo..." He replied, "Oh, no...I used to be a long time ago." I just said "oh," and walked away. I was kind of dissappointed, I thought I would get to make a PJ friend...but no.

Then Not For You started playing in my head all day. ;)
If I had known then what I know now...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    CrazyMary6 wrote:
    I work at a clothing store in the mall and a guy and his wife (in their mid-thirties probably) came in with their 4 (?) kids. Their kids were running all over the store and we were getting a little frustrated because they were messing everything up and their parents were not doing anything. Anyway I walked past him and noticed some tatoos on his ankles, one was the stickman!!! I was excited because I hardly know or see anyone that even listens to PJ. I hung around by the registers (kind of waiting for him to come up so I could talk to him). A little later his wife checked out so I walked past him, casually, and said something like, "Oh, are you a big Pearl Jam fan...your tatoo..." He replied, "Oh, no...I used to be a long time ago." I just said "oh," and walked away. I was kind of dissappointed, I thought I would get to make a PJ friend...but no.

I wonder what his ten club number was? :p
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    how can you be a big enough fan to warrent getting a tattoo and then just stop liking them?!? i think even if i stopped liking them i would still pretend just so i didnt look like a dumbass
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
    Alot of people get tattoos when they are young without thinking ahead

Like people who get their girlfriends name or something, when your 20 you dont know any better you think it will be forever. Then by the time your 30 you know better.

I like tattoos, but you ever see the young men or women with full sleeves, tattoos going up their neck etc.. All I think about when I see them is how they have just severely limited the kind of work they can do, as alot of employers dont want that.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    CrazyMary6 wrote:

WHAT?! Thats reason number 1 that people should think out their tattoos!!! What a disgrace that guy.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    bobbyd3 wrote:

Like people who get their girlfriends name or something, when your 20 you dont know any better you think it will be forever. Then by the time your 30 you know better.

I like tattoos, but you ever see the young men or women with full sleeves, tattoos going up their neck etc.. All I think about when I see them is how they have just severely limited the kind of work they can do, as alot of employers dont want that.
    as a 20 y.o. i resent that!!! :p

i have one vaguely PJ related tattoo now and have another one designed that im waiting to get til i have enough $$... the key is to get something that will remain meaningful in some way forever, even if its just nostalgic... something dumb and generic like the stickman will always be bad even if you continue to love PJ til the day you die... no offense to the MANY stickman folks :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    bobbyd3 wrote:

Haha, my brother's friend got his girlfriend's name tattooed on his arm. They broke up, and he ended up getting this ridiculous panda bear holding two guns to cover it up.