Options

Rock Around Barack!

DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Welcome back to democracy...the majority of Americans have spoken in the name of change!...btw, anyone know where you can download or hear Rock Around Barack, rendition of Rock Around the Clock, sung by Stone that was posted last January/December?...
U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I pm'd you.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    Welcome back to democracy...the majority of Americans have spoken in the name of change!...btw, anyone know where you can download or hear Rock Around Barack, rendition of Rock Around the Clock, sung by Stone that was posted last January/December?...
    why would you want to hear that song again?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    LOL!!!! I wasn't going to question that. :D
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812

I don't wanna start an argument here man :o but 'welcome back to democracy' ? I'm an over seas person, so I don't know exactly....but wasn't Gearge W voted in by Americans, democratically...twice??? :o
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    I don't wanna start an argument here man :o but 'welcome back to democracy' ? I'm an over seas person, so I don't know exactly....but wasn't Gearge W voted in by Americans, democratically...twice??? :o
    no
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    no

he wasn't? jeez, how does that work ? :o
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:

The first time was not by the popular vote...

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    LukinFan wrote:
    So we can all make it our phone ringtone!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    The first time was not by the popular vote...

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html
    The Electoral College is considered a democracy. Agree with it or not, it is still a democracy. Obama won the presidency because he won the Electoral College vote of more than 270, not because he won the popular vote.
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    So we can all make it our phone ringtone!
    Do you really want that?
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Do you really want that?
    I've had it for 4 weeks and haven't tired of it so far :p
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    W. definitely put a shameful shadow on the Republican party, but it is a shame so many people who voted for Obama did it without understanding the 2 parties' stand on different issues. Republicans are for smaller government, keep the power in the states, not National. Dems have HISTORICALLY raised taxes to fund social programs. Redistribution of Wealth? WTF? Tell me how democratic this is- I took out student loans to go to College, got myself a job where I am making a decent amount of money, nice house in the suburbs, in a good area for my kids to grow up, and have a good education away from the mass crime in the city...And my tax money will be going to programs designed to make it easier for people who don't take the same initiative as I took to better my life? Obama had a TEXTBOOK Campaign, has an incredible knack for speaking, and at the end of the day has every intention of taking more from us than we want to know. It is available info for you all to find, how he has voted for Bills over his career. Obviously we all wanted CHANGE from Bush and his corrupt administration, but Republicans are not ALL Religious Nutcases and REDNECKS! McCain was stupid to chose that idiot Palin as his VP, and his whole Campaign was to try to make Obama look like an inexperienced (which he is) democrat. The man was a State Senator 4 years ago...Do you know how crazy that is? He went from governing over a couple counties to an entire Country in 4 years. We got the Change we wanted, but Obama is not the Change we need.
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Why did PearlJam.com kind of remove 'Rock around Barack' from all exsistence? I heard rumours that Vedder didn't want to be associated with the song seeing as it's release was near Bonnaroo or something?
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Why did PearlJam.com kind of remove 'Rock around Barack' from all exsistence? I heard rumours that Vedder didn't want to be associated with the song seeing as it's release was near Bonnaroo or something?

I don't blame him. It was shit :o
  • Options
    I hope this song is on the christmas single.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Because it was horrific.
  • Options
    Okay, it wasn't the high point of intellectualism, but I don't think it was "shit". Dumb and goofy, yes, but that's not always a bad thing. Especially when Stone's involved. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    W. definitely put a shameful shadow on the Republican party, but it is a shame so many people who voted for Obama did it without understanding the 2 parties' stand on different issues. Republicans are for smaller government, keep the power in the states, not National. Dems have HISTORICALLY raised taxes to fund social programs. Redistribution of Wealth? WTF? Tell me how democratic this is- I took out student loans to go to College, got myself a job where I am making a decent amount of money, nice house in the suburbs, in a good area for my kids to grow up, and have a good education away from the mass crime in the city...And my tax money will be going to programs designed to make it easier for people who don't take the same initiative as I took to better my life? Obama had a TEXTBOOK Campaign, has an incredible knack for speaking, and at the end of the day has every intention of taking more from us than we want to know. It is available info for you all to find, how he has voted for Bills over his career. Obviously we all wanted CHANGE from Bush and his corrupt administration, but Republicans are not ALL Religious Nutcases and REDNECKS! McCain was stupid to chose that idiot Palin as his VP, and his whole Campaign was to try to make Obama look like an inexperienced (which he is) democrat. The man was a State Senator 4 years ago...Do you know how crazy that is? He went from governing over a couple counties to an entire Country in 4 years. We got the Change we wanted, but Obama is not the Change we need.

uh ok #1, any candidate who makes it to the white house is inexperienced. W. was governor known for having the highest amount of executions in U.S. history & owned a baseball team...#2, JFK was a senator from MA & look how his presidency went down in history...any politician takes a huge career risk by running for president...most people would never want the job, Obama came out of nowhere to become president elect in 2 years & you say he's not what we need? I will follow his tax agenda & hope that he keeps good on his plan to tax the rich/wealthy so the middle man can keep afloat as opposed to now w/ the republican blunders of the past 8 years...
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Thanks for posting that...I searched for it on youtube a while back and it seems they've all been deleted. I don't know why ten club wants to pretend this never happened. I mean, sure it's lame, but come on.

And to address the other shenanigans on this thread:
    Bush was NOT elected the first time. The Supreme Count stopped the recount, which Al Gore would later be found to have won.
    The second time he was elected...because the Republican party stole Ohio. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact.

This was the first honest election where the people spoke and chose the winner since the 1990s. And by honest, I mean not including 6-hour waits in certain precincts, and/or pathetic attempts to suppress certain voters by distributing fliers saying Democrats vote on 11/5, voter intimidation, etc. etc.

Obama actually won the electoral vote AND the popular vote. In case that's one that one guy was implying.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The Electoral College is considered a democracy. Agree with it or not, it is still a democracy. Obama won the presidency because he won the Electoral College vote of more than 270, not because he won the popular vote.

I just stated a fact about the popular vote. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    And to address the other shenanigans on this thread:
    Bush was NOT elected the first time. The Supreme Count stopped the recount, which Al Gore would later be found to have won.
    The second time he was elected...because the Republican party stole Ohio. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact.

Where do you buy the koolaid at? I'm just curious - I've always wanted that paranoid feeling when I drink something!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    After listeneing to this, this song isn't anywhere near as bad as some of you would have us think. It's not the pinnacle of music or anything, but isn't isn't earnumbing, either.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,625
    Terrible, terrible song. The only good part was McCready's solo. Would love to hear something like that in Pearl Jam again.
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    he wasn't? jeez, how does that work ? :o
    well let's see in 2000 the recount in florida was never finish because of a decision made by the supreme court. he might of won in 2000, but we will never be sure.

in 2004 there were several instances of voter fraud and faulty voting machines. And John Kerry won the popular vote. Our electoral college system is shit.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08