Options

Werner Herzog

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Got both Herzog boxsets for christmas, the one with all 5 Kinski films (plus the documentary) and the other one with Jeder Fur Sich Und Gott Gegen Alle etc. Was wondering if anyone was a fan? I know Fins is :)

I've already seen Aguirre: Der Zorn Gottes, Fitzcarraldo, Woyzeck, Meine Liebster Fiende Feind and some of his documentary shorts but I wanted them on DVD anyway. Probably my favourite director and filmmaker.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I have the Herzog/Kinski box set as well. Aguirre: The Wrath of God and Fitzcarraldo are two of my favorite foreign films, almost as good are the stories behind the making of those two films. Be sure to listen to the commentary on Aguirre, Herzog talks about nearly every aspect of making that film (haven't listened to any of the other commentaries).

I also have the documentary "Burden of Dreams" that details the making of Fitzcarraldo. At one point, Mick Jagger was cast in the movie but had to leave for a tour after the production was delayed.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Options
    Currently watching Jeder Fur Sich Und Gott Gegen Alle (The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser).

Bruno S. is something else...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Did Bruno ever do any other films besides Kaspar and Stroszek or is he just Werner's discovery?
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Does it include 'Grizzly Man'? That's an amazing film - probably my favourite of this decade.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Does it include 'Grizzly Man'? That's an amazing film - probably my favourite of this decade.
    Unfortunately not. I still need to see it. In the two boxsets you get the following films:

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
    Nosferatu: Phantom Der Nachts
    Woyzeck
    Fitzcarraldo
    Cobra Verde
    My Best Fiend
    The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser
    Stroszek
    Even Dwarfs Started Small
    Heart of Glass
    Fata Morgana
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Did Bruno ever do any other films besides Kaspar and Stroszek or is he just Werner's discovery?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0754165/
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    everytime I see this name I think of Whitey Herzog

lol, weird
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    :eek: he has an album of music. I need to find that.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    :eek: he has an album of music. I need to find that.

I have a really heavy question to PM you about. Watch your mail.
  • Options
    I have a really heavy question to PM you about. Watch your mail.
    I got nothing...?