Options

Why is it always at the holidays...

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
A guy I knew, only 18 years old, crashed his car into a tree on monday and died. I never really knew him well and actively disliked him most of the time but I still feel sad. He was good friends with some of my best mates so I feel for them and he was so young too. My best friend is upset and scared at the same time. He's the second of her friends to die from a car accident in the last 6 months and she's terrified it's going to happen again. It seems like the world has a cruel sense of timing. Christmas is going to bring bad memories for a lot of people I know now. Same with Hippiemom's friends and family etc.

Life can be shitty sometimes.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    That's awful, and as for terrible things at the holidays how about this. A couple that I know from picking the kids up at school went out for the evening Saturday, came home went to bed..and the house caught fire.Their 2 boys stayed with the grandparents, orphaned a week before xmas..shitty aint the word.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    That is sad.

I just read about a man in Ontario was in his 70's and out delivering Christmas cards to neighbors and someone beat him to death in his driveway. Just random. They arrested a 22 year old who attacked someone else randomly yesterday.

jaysus..
  • Options
    Shit... Long Road came on as I opened this thread.

Shit, it's a bad end of year.... thoughts and prayers to you and his family.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jamie uk wrote:
    That's awful, and as for terrible things at the holidays how about this. A couple that I know from picking the kids up at school went out for the evening Saturday, came home went to bed..and the house caught fire.Their 2 boys stayed with the grandparents, orphaned a week before xmas..shitty aint the word.
    :( Life's a fucking bitch, that's what it is. Because, as I say, I was never fond of this guy, I'm sorry for him on a human level and feel bad for my friends but I'm not really cut up or anything .Thing is, it really hit me when my best friend said "I'm absolutely terrified now. this keeps happening and it's getting closer to our circle of friends, I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you or any of us". The prospect scares the shit out of me. I'm only 19, my friends are still like the most important people in the world to me. It sounds really crass but I'm SO glad that I never really liked this guy because I'd hate to feel like his friends must right now.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    That is sad.

I just read about a man in Ontario was in his 70's and out delivering Christmas cards to neighbors and someone beat him to death in his driveway. Just random. They arrested a 22 year old who attacked someone else randomly yesterday.

jaysus..
    Allegedly the same attacker in both incidents.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    Allegedly the same attacker in both incidents.
    Yeah i heard that also, some people are just fucked in the head :(
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Yeah i heard that also, some people are just fucked in the head :(
    Severely.
  • Options
    GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    A lot of bad stuff has been happening lately both nationally and locally...

The shootings in Colorado and Nebraska.

A 9-year-old boy from my area died after being pulled under a float in a Christmas parade.

A guy in Clearwater killed his estranged wife and her lesbian lover, then killed his two young children, and then himself.

Two women working in a gas station (I think) were robbed and set on fire. One of the women was pregnant. The baby was delivered by C section but died. Both women are clinging to life.
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Options
    Galiana wrote:
    A lot of bad stuff has been happening lately both nationally and locally...

The shootings in Colorado and Nebraska.

A 9-year-old boy from my area died after being pulled under a float in a Christmas parade.

A guy in Clearwater killed his estranged wife and her lesbian lover, then killed his two young children, and then himself.

Two women working in a gas station (I think) were robbed and set on fire. One of the women was pregnant. The baby was delivered by C section but died. Both women are clinging to life.

Two of my son's mates from a band called The Red Shore, in a car crash yesterday while they were touring. Rest in Peace boys.
    Man, these poor families, my blood runs cold today.
  • Options
    That is sad.

jaysus..
    http://www.thestar.com/News/article/287310
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Car accidents unfortunatly are with us all of the time, perhaps they seem more pronounced when they occur in a significant holiday season. I wonder what the mean worldwide fatality-rate in motor vehicles within a 24hour period would be? An absurd number I should imagine. My family has been touched by such events and it all seems so needless, so avoidable, so unannounced.