Sniff or blow?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I was reading in the metro this morning somebody giving out about people on public transport sniffing and how it's disgusting and rude. Then they said 'why can't they just blow their nose?'

:o am I the only one who would rather listen to somebody sniff than blow a load of snot onto a tissue :eek: . I think that's filthy!
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    I was reading in the metro this morning somebody giving out about people on public transport sniffing and how it's disgusting and rude. Then they said 'why can't they just blow their nose?'

:o am I the only one who would rather listen to somebody sniff than blow a load of snot onto a tissue :eek: . I think that's filthy!

hehe, nope you're not the only one. i'm totally with you. i'm one of those that always sniffs
  • I don't like having to sniff, but for some reason I cannot stand the feeling of tissue paper against my fingers or against my nose. It's like nails on a chalk board for me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i'd rather have sniffing than have someone cough or sneeze all over the place.
  • Either way I don't really care.

Oh no! You're right! I hate it when people try and blow their noses quietly. Y'Know, when people cover their face with the tissue and go 'pthhh'.

It sounds snottier for some reason.
  • i'd rather have sniffing than have someone cough or sneeze all over the place.
    Yep that's what I'm saying... there are some people who blow their nose really hard and it's all you can hear... and I can just picture snot all over the place :eek: :o

I'd much rather they just keep sniffing.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965

Jaysus just give them a shot of Paddy's and let them be on their way!!!! ;)
    I love to turn you on
  • I was reading in the metro this morning somebody giving out about people on public transport sniffing and how it's disgusting and rude. Then they said 'why can't they just blow their nose?'

I agree. It's all pretty gross, but nose-blowing tops sniffling on the scale of "things I don't want to hear". :D
  • Sniffling is anoying but nose blowing is worse.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    excessive blowing of the nose is bad for said nose....you gotta suck it all back....:)
  • cutback wrote:
    excessive blowing of the nose is bad for said nose....you gotta suck it all back....:)
    :) I agree completely. What I don't get is that I've heard this a couple of times so thought it was just me who finds sniffing much more acceptable :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • All depends on the situation in my book. If I am by myself, blow for sure. In a crowded place, sniff. I am sure no one wants to hear that mess...
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • releeseme wrote:
    All depends on the situation in my book. If I am by myself, blow for sure. In a crowded place, sniff. I am sure no one wants to hear that mess...
    well of course I blow my nose when I'm alone but when I'm not no way would I inflict that on anyone :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

i blow once i get to a bathroom or somewhere.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    i blow once i get to a bathroom or somewhere.

Senator Craig, is that you?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • I hate the wet sniffling...like it is this long greenish disgusting line of snot going up their nose.

then again, when they blow really loudly I kinda get this queasy feeling that the little thin paper tissue is NOT holding back the germs and the goo.

oh dear god the GOOOOO!!! :mad:

best bet - don't get sick around me.

I mean it people...I will puncture your temple with a paperclip if you sneeze on me.

:D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • I haven't blown my load into a tissue in a long time

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • I hate the wet sniffling...like it is this long greenish disgusting line of snot going up their nose.

then again, when they blow really loudly I kinda get this queasy feeling that the little thin paper tissue is NOT holding back the germs and the goo.

oh dear god the GOOOOO!!! :mad:

best bet - don't get sick around me.

I mean it people...I will puncture your temple with a paperclip if you sneeze on me.

I hate the blowers who sound like a horn when they blow their nose

I would rather they blow their nose then sniff all damn day !

It's so annoying

I have a guy at work all day he clears his throat LOUDLY !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • I would rather not blow my nose in public. What if you do not clean it all up then talk to someone? Oh man that would be embarrassing! Haha.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • I haven't blown my load into a tissue in a long time

;)

seriously, i cannot believe it took 17 posts for something of this nature to come up. some of you are slippin' people. :p

this thread title alone is just ripe for parody...yikes. :D

in regards to the actual Q, i far prefer someone blow their nose and get it done! i don't want to listen to sniffling/sniveling all day...disgusting. get it over and done with pronto.

on a related note....i think handkerchiefs are disgusting. i understand before tissues' time, but nowadays...wtf? blow your nose into a cloth, let it harden in your pocket...then pull it out and blow your nose in it again? :eek: NAS-TEEE! yikes. i also realize that sentence is ripe for parody...but whateva.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486

I prefer them to blow once.. instead of hearing them snort or sniff it around in their nose and throat for an hour train ride.... Especially if they are sitting behind me... :eek:
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I blow my nose loudly and then show it to the person next to me and ask "Did you want this, or can i save it for later?" :D
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    i'd rather have sniffing than have someone cough or sneeze all over the place.

I'd rather hear sniffles.

I was on a bus this morning and their was a Mom and her 5 or 6 year old little boy, this kid must've hacked and coughed at least 20 times on the short ride. no once did the kid cover his mouth and what's worse not once did the Mom tell him to cover it. I kinda felt bad for the kid because the brain-dead Mom probably never taught him that YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO COVER YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU COUGH. I wouldn't be surprised if the kid didn't cover his mouth when he sneezes too.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • :D It started off as a serious question... but it's turned into a pretty funny thread :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • It's the end of the cold nose blowing that is nasty. You know the congealed forever draining long drawn out nasal mucus fests that carry over into a few tissues...

Those ones are not for public consumption. If it aint water....neither is so great to listen to because the sniff turns into a snort which is followed by a throat clearing....ugh even worse...

hehe....what a topic...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I swallow... :D

*ahem*

If I'm stuck on a bus, I could spend 2 hours annoying someone beside me by sniffling, or blow my nose for two seconds. I'd choose the latter just to get the leaky stuff out.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066

I'd rather see somebody blow their nose like a human being then grunt and snort for minutes on end like a fucking pig. But that is just me.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • To be quite honest it depends on the mood i'm in....

don't continually sniff near me when I have PMT, things like that get right on my nerves, I'll just shout and tell you to "BLOW YOUR GODDAMN NOSE FFS!!!!!" but normally sniffing doesn't bother me....

actually I found a way of solving the problem, just sit on the bus with the sweet soothing tones of Ed in your ears then everyone wins :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • It's the end of the cold nose blowing that is nasty. You know the congealed forever draining long drawn out nasal mucus fests that carry over into a few tissues...

Those ones are not for public consumption. If it aint water....neither is so great to listen to because the sniff turns into a snort which is followed by a throat clearing....ugh even worse...

hehe....what a topic...
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :o

The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :o

I had already eaten when I typed this...my apologies to those that didn't... :p:D
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    on a related note....i think handkerchiefs are disgusting. i understand before tissues' time, but nowadays...wtf? blow your nose into a cloth, let it harden in your pocket...then pull it out and blow your nose in it again? :eek: NAS-TEEE! yikes. i also realize that sentence is ripe for parody...but whateva.

my dad.....as a younger man he had bad allergies so he was constantly blowing his nose.....he always has a snot rag in his pocket.....it's just fucking gross....especially those times when i needed the keys to the car..."oh those are in my pants in the closet"....diving into those pockets was just the creepiest thing ever....i couldn't wash my hands enough....:eek: :p