what little things make ya happy?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
THIS popped up on my email and immediately put a smile on my face :)

http://www.haagen-dazs.co.uk/dcandc/

mmmmmmmm... that was nice of the email people :)
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Quite honestly, sunshine has a remarkable ability to pull me out of my darkest moods. The sun is shining today and I feel good.

Hmmm not sure if 'ability' is the right word. Does sunshine have an ability...?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • my daughter :):):):):)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nipples are little arent they? i love nips.

i know it sounds slushy, but i love those drinks that are made from ice and come in blue and red colours.

this really is slushy, but my kids saying words wrong makes me happy. :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I'm not saying people let me down often, but I love it when people keep their promises.

The sound of my son chattering to himself in the next room when he first wakes up. It's so cute.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    My stepdaughters going out.
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

YIKES...I LOVE Haagen-dazs! We don't have scoop shops where I live though, so everytime I'm overseas that is a must-stop for me! :p The little cartons are good too, never tried that flavor though. :D

I get emails like that from Ben & Jerry's...the flavors look sooo good, but (un)fortunately, I don't make it to the scoop shops that often.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    dunkman wrote:
    nipples are little arent they? i love nips.

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/weekinphotos?GT1=7701&photoidx=3
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    YIKES...I LOVE Haagen-dazs! We don't have scoop shops where I live though, so everytime I'm overseas that is a must-stop for me! :p The little cartons are good too, never tried that flavor though. :D

I get emails like that from Ben & Jerry's...the flavors look sooo good, but (un)fortunately, I don't make it to the scoop shops that often.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=243751

Yumm..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    soy chai lattes always put a big smile on my face :D
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Nice gigs with lots of people. *coughs*
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    oh no! not another happy post!!!! :eek:

:D:) yesterday i was in oxford street looking at christmas lights, and that cheered me up a lot. though, i don't know if it qualifies for a "little" thing
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Cookies
    yarn
    dansko clogs in fancy colors
    cool eyeglasses
    ultra-cool jewelry from little cute shops
    decks of tarot cards
    books
    road trips with my twin
    my mom's voice
    cappuccinos
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    The Champ wrote:

:D

Do you have scoop shops in NYC?

I love their sorbet as well...I really need to try more flavors though for their ice cream...the ones I have tried are INCREDIBLE! :D;) Dangerous too; good thing I don't have any cartons right now in my freezer!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557

holy crap
    :D

Do you have scoop shops in NYC?

I love their sorbet as well...I really need to try more flavors though for their ice cream...the ones I have tried are INCREDIBLE! :D;) Dangerous too; good thing I don't have any cartons right now in my freezer!

Oh hell yeah we have those shops!! Check out the thread for some flavor suggestions..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Oh hell yeah we have those shops!! Check out the thread for some flavor suggestions..

AHHH!! I'm so coming to NYC! I thought the shops were only in Europe. I was looking at the other thread and I've never heard of most of those flavors...I feel like I've missed out on so much!
  • When a friend calls or texts just to say hey or they were thinking of me

Putting fresh sheets on my bed and having a bath is a little bit of heaven to me.

When my nephew says my name :D:D .. god I miss that little guy being all the way out here :(

Seeing someone smile.. a REAL smile.. like when little kids are playing or a dog smiles.. that sort of thing :) The expression of sheer joy... nothing like it

I am more Ben & Jerry's than Haagen Dazs but I am not apt to say no to either.. hell I am just not apt to say NO :p
    I am more Ben & Jerry's than Haagen Dazs but I am not apt to say no to either.. hell I am just not apt to say NO :p

Neither am I STB, neither am I. ;)
    Neither am I STB, neither am I. ;)

I'd say no to B&J....If i'm going to eat ice cream, I'm going to eat ice cream, not some pretzel wrapped in shit or whatever crazy flavor combination..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Neither am I STB, neither am I. ;)

Perhaps why we get along?? ;) You rock, Jen btw!! I hope at a future show we get to meet as I think we got along quite well :)

I will bring the Ben & Jerry's.. ok well for a meet up maybe drinks instead :D
    Perhaps why we get along?? ;) You rock, Jen btw!! I hope at a future show we get to meet as I think we got along quite well :)

I will bring the Ben & Jerry's.. ok well for a meet up maybe drinks instead :D

You know what would be good, is if we get some sprite, some B&J's sorbet, and some type of alcohol. :p Limoncello and something else???

Yes, we do get along well! I'm sure we will meet up on the next tour. ;)
    The Champ wrote:
    I'd say no to B&J....If i'm going to eat ice cream, I'm going to eat ice cream, not some pretzel wrapped in shit or whatever crazy flavor combination..

haha! I don't know what that is. I only get their chocolate chip cookie dough or their kiwi-strawberry sorbet.

I told you I LOVE haagen-daaz; I am just not that experienced because the only scoop shops I've been to are in Europe and I don't buy ice cream very often so I haven't had that many flavors. :) Enlighten me though! I'm going to get ideas from the other thread and see if my supermarket has any of those flavors. ;)
    haha! I don't know what that is. I only get their chocolate chip cookie dough or their kiwi-strawberry sorbet.

I told you I LOVE haagen-daaz; I am just not that experienced because the only scoop shops I've been to are in Europe and I don't buy ice cream very often so I haven't had that many flavors. :) Enlighten me though! I'm going to get ideas from the other thread and see if my supermarket has any of those flavors. ;)

Well, if I can get into the middle of the above mentioned party, maybe i'd rethink my stance on Ben and Jerry's. At least till after we're done..

Anyway, check out the supermarket and try Dulce De Leche..or if you like chocolate, try their Mayan Chocolate...I think their English Toffee version is incredible. Many seem to love Sticky Toffee Pudding, which won that fan contest on the Foodnetwork..

Also, remember to let that sucker melt a little before spooning....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Well, if I can get into the middle of the above mentioned party, maybe i'd rethink my stance on Ben and Jerry's. At least till after we're done..

Anyway, check out the supermarket and try Dulce De Leche..or if you like chocolate, try their Mayan Chocolate...I think their English Toffee version is incredible. Many seem to love Sticky Toffee Pudding, which won that fan contest on the Foodnetwork..

Also, remember to let that sucker melt a little before spooning....

Into the middle? I think I missed something.

Cool, I will try those flavors. I'm not big on chocolate ice cream but the other flavors sound delish! ;)
  • sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    My 9 month-old waved goodbye for the first time today. :)
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    when my plants don't die on me...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • My 17 month old saying "don't knooooow?" in a really high pitched voice and shrugging her shoulders every single time I ask her a question. :D It's the only way she responds to a question these days, and it cracks me up!
  • A nap in the middle of the day
    A nice hot shower
    Being outside in the sun
    My cat playing fetch
    All the little things Tim does to let me know he's thinking of me :)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    The song Given to Fly. I'm listening to it right now, and I'm thinking:

YES, I can do it!

["It" usually is something running-goal related, but "It" could be anything I want to do]:).

I absolutely LOVE that song. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    the sound of my dogs cruching their food - cuz I know they're happy
    the sound of my dogs gnawing on brand new Nylabones. The house is all quiet except for that noise, and again, it makes me happy to know their happy.
    be philanthropic