Options

being tricked

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
A couple of weeks ago when I was at Dublin airport going to Birmingham, once through security before going to your gate, this guy stopped me and asked if I'm Irish, I replied yeh... so then he asked if I'd be interested in a frequent flyer programme that ryanair are doing where every 10th flight is free and I said yeh that'd be great.

So he said he'd need to get some of my details and asked my name... I gave it to him... then I realised he was filling out a credit card application form :eek: .

I know there are ryanair credit cards and I've known about their frequent flyer thing on the credit card... but he never mentioned a credit card so I'm sure quite a few people may not notice and inadvertently apply for a fucking credit card :mad: . When I realised what was going on, instead of losing the head like I shoulda, I said 'oh I don't have time actually' and he started trying to insist it would only take a minute :eek: . I walked off but I just thought the whole thing was fucking sick! :(
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Sneaky bastard.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Sneaky bastard.
    Yep :mad: I'm on the phone to the financial regulator right now... they can't be tricking people into getting credit cards.

Somehow though I forgot about it until last night :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well they were helpful, I've to call the national consumers association now. I'm so angry about it the more I think about it and their fucking SNEAKY ways!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    well they were helpful, I've to call the national consumers association now. I'm so angry about it the more I think about it and their fucking SNEAKY ways!
    Hahaha... now the NCA are telling me that it's the financial regulator who's dealing with this :D . I've told her it was THEM who told me to call YOU :D so she's checking again.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    In fairness its Ryanair. They charge for airport checkin, baggage checkin, have a really shitty weight allowance for luggage... charge charge charge. They even have the travel insurance option already ticked when ye try book a flight. The joys of "low fares"
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    In fairness its Ryanair. They charge for airport checkin, baggage checkin, have a really shitty weight allowance for luggage... charge charge charge. They even have the travel insurance option already ticked when ye try book a flight. The joys of "low fares"
    :D Ah see I figure that's what you go through for a cheap flight... I generally don't mind all that stuff... but when they go tricking people into applying for credit cards :eek: THAT'S what I have issues with.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    wanker

i hate it when they hide the c.card's like that
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    wanker

i hate it when they hide the c.card's like that
    Yep... I've issues with banks and credit cards and underhandedness... but I'd never seen anything like that :mad:

Anyway, they're being investigated now :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I had the same happen to me here in the states with Airtran.

Except I went through with it. WTF you know... The gal was cute and had eyes that....oh well

About a year after I got the card Airtran ran a promotion through Wendy's restaurants where they placed coupons on the soda cups. For every 32 sodas you drank you got a free one way flight.

So then late one evening, I went to our local Wendy's...well I must have turned on the charm because when I ordered my meal I asked the girl at the counter about the promotion and with a "wink" I asked her for 320 free cups.

She just smiled... I went to the seating area to eat with my buddy's ....

Then the "sweetheart" came over to our table and told me to check the back door when we left.

Sure enough, she had set a whole case of cups out the back door for us.

We only had a year to use the vouchers but we got like 6 round trips free.

That was cool
    the Minions
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    I had the same happen to me here in the states with Airtran.

Except I went through with it. WTF you know... The gal was cute and had eyes that....oh well

About a year after I got the card Airtran ran a promotion through Wendy's restaurants where they placed coupons on the soda cups. For every 32 sodas you drank you got a free one way flight.

So then late one evening, I went to our local Wendy's...well I must have turned on the charm because when I ordered my meal I asked the girl at the counter about the promotion and with a "wink" I asked her for 320 free cups.

She just smiled... I went to the seating area to eat with my buddy's ....

Then the "sweetheart" came over to our table and told me to check the back door when we left.

Sure enough, she had set a whole case of cups out the back door for us.

We only had a year to use the vouchers but we got like 6 round trips free.

That was cool
    i knew a bunch of people who would go dumpster diving at wendy's just to get those cups :eek:

i almost didn't believe that promotion...crazy.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.