Conspiracy Theories?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Who else loves them? I mean the possibilities/ probabilities are endless :)

My housemate and I discuss them quite often but he's such a fucking capitalist :eek:
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    "Who's got the brain of JFK? What's it mean to us now?"

;):D
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I do rather enjoy David Icke's Illuminati conspiracy theories. Y'know, he's probably right but the guy is a nutter so no one will listen. I don't really care :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    I keep seeing 3:14, I think it might be a conspiracy. :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Not me.
  • kennedy was assassinated by martians.
    kennedy was assassinated by martians.
    Because he WAS a martian.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Because he WAS a martian.

This coming from you? :p

I actually do enjoy them.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    the moon landing was filmed in my backyard. fact.
    This coming from you? :p

I actually do enjoy them.
    You're one of them, aren't you?
  • Rygar wrote:
    You're one of them, aren't you?

Who told you???? Are you listening to me? What was that buzzing sound?

*pulls tinfoil hat back on*

:D
    Who told you???? Are you listening to me? What was that buzzing sound?

*pulls tinfoil hat back on*

:D
    That's odd, I can't hear you anymore.

Back on planet Earth, I have a few friends who believe every conspiracy bs theory they hear...
  • the moon landing was filmed in my backyard. fact.
    There are some substantial arguments concerning that "trip to the moon" the most compelling argument involves the picture of Earth from the moon's surface. I can't explain it fully here and now but according to astrologists the astronauts couldn't have taken that picture on the date it was supposed to happen. Something about the sun wouldn't have been shining on the surface of the moon at the same time it was photographed shining on the Earth's surface. There wasn't a moon in the daytime sky when the picture was made, the only way the astronauts could get a "daytime" picture of the earth.
    the Minions
  • Rygar wrote:

Back on planet Earth, I have a few friends who believe every conspiracy bs theory they hear...

*laughs to herself.. "the hat really works" *

I don't believe every one I hear but they are enjoyable.

So tell me more about this planet Earth??
  • There's no such thing as conspiracy. People never conspire over anything.

Everything and everyone you've ever met or encountered in your life has been 100% at face value.

I's all just your imagination.

Same as lying, that is also just your imagination. It never happens.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    *laughs to herself.. "the hat really works" *

I don't believe every one I hear but they are enjoyable.

So tell me more about this planet Earth??
    It's great!
    We don't like aliens though.
  • Rygar wrote:
    It's great!
    We don't like aliens though.

:( :o
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    There are some substantial arguments concerning that "trip to the moon" the most compelling argument involves the picture of Earth from the moon's surface. I can't explain it fully here and now but according to astrologists the astronauts couldn't have taken that picture on the date it was supposed to happen. Something about the sun wouldn't have been shining on the surface of the moon at the same time it was photographed shining on the Earth's surface. There wasn't a moon in the daytime sky when the picture was made, the only way the astronauts could get a "daytime" picture of the earth.

this is one conspiracy i can believe - i don't see how the heck we went to the moon over 40 years ago - more crazy is how we got back from the moon. lots of theories on this not being true.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm suspicious of this thread... i mean Hells hasnt posted in it 48 times and she's yet to argue with anyone.. so this is a bogus thread :(

"DARE DAR CONSPIRACY THEORIES OUT DARE YA KNOW"
    its quite hard to type an irish accent :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431

Yeah my friend in college tried to convince me of this too... he also mentioned that there is no wind in space so how could the flag be 'rippling in the wind'... although there is something called solar winds which might explain that.

... and Santo Trafficante Jr. and his goons killed Kennedy! He also killed his brother Robert...
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • i believe the JFK conspiracy. i can't wait till 2029, when all the documents are released to the public.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    pjhawks wrote:
    this is one conspiracy i can believe - i don't see how the heck we went to the moon over 40 years ago - more crazy is how we got back from the moon. lots of theories on this not being true.

Yeah, I love to think of all of them but don't believe many. The moon landing I kind of do for all the stated reasons. A poster above me also said the flag rippling in the wind one. Also, when Armstrong got off the spacecraft, how was someone already outside taping him? :p

I never thought of launching off the moon, that really makes you think. I've also read that on the surface of the moon you wouldn't be able to see stars but in pictures you could.

Plus it explains why we can land a man on the moon but can't come up with a cure for the common cold. :p

Really though, I do believe some type of conspiracy with the moon.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    I don't think there is a moon actually.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    ummm...

The Denver International Airport.

The Bilderbergers.

The Freemasons.

9/11.

Global Warming.

Evidence of ancient civilizations on Mars.

All tons of fun to talk about. I know people who will argue for hours about these subjects - sometimes to the point that they are convincing. At the same time, there's nothing to say that there isn't something fishy going on...
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.
  • HA! My brother had a friend that wouldn't buy a TV set because he swore the government were watching him through it!? :eek: :D
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I do rather enjoy David Icke's Illuminati conspiracy theories. Y'know, he's probably right but the guy is a nutter so no one will listen. I don't really care :)

Jezza, I knew I liked you..David Icke is awesome. I love his stuff...it's the craziest ever. I saw this documentary on him, he did a sold out talk at the Hammy appolo, it went on for like 6 hours. They were filming him coming from the stage after part 2, he went into his dressing room, sweating..and cracked open a tin of Tenants Super!!! Seriously. He was knocking it back like orange squash!! No wonder he's so crazy, he drinks the drink of alcoholics, vagrants and vagabonds.....oh and Dunk :D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • HA! My brother had a friend that wouldn't buy a TV set because he swore the government were watching him through it!? :eek: :D

woah, that reminds me of a story my uncle told me! my mom's family grew up in the mojave desert, which is home to alot of interesting characters. their neighbors were this very nice middle-aged couple who had fashioned a "tv cosy" to put over the tv while it was off so the government couldnt' spy on them. they had suspicions about the refrigerator as well...
  • Rygar wrote:

what's worse... believing every conspiracy theory you hear and knowing there's nothing you can do about it...

OR believing every lie told by a politician and voting for them putting them into power :eek:

I dunno... it's a tough call to me.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • i believe the JFK conspiracy. i can't wait till 2029, when all the documents are released to the public.
    Absolutely... cos I'm sure when a government does something SO ridiculous like that and cover it up... that they document it all :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    My sister's big into that one... she figures if we can watch THEM through the tv, there's no reason they can't watch us. My ex housemate used to make all the parts to go into tv's though and he insists there are no cameras in there... I don't believe him though :D

It kinda makes me suspicious when our government are trying to make the entire country digital by 2009 or something... why? How is that gonna make the country better than say focussing their time on sorting out the health service? It doesn't make sense.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Royals32 wrote:
    ummm...

The Denver International Airport.

The Bilderbergers.

The Freemasons.

9/11.

Global Warming.

Evidence of ancient civilizations on Mars.

All tons of fun to talk about. I know people who will argue for hours about these subjects - sometimes to the point that they are convincing. At the same time, there's nothing to say that there isn't something fishy going on...

I really really love these conversations... the whole great thing about conspiracie theories is that you can use your imagination... and who's to say you're wrong? Well plenty of people... but based on what? Based on what they're TOLD? And then you can just argue back 'oh my god, you're SOOOOOOOOOO gullible, you believe EVERYTHING you're told' :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life