I LOVE my new office SOOOOOOO much!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My last 'office' was just kind of a desk plonked in the middle of the hall... with no natural light and we didn't even have air conditioning for a long long time. I just moved to a new site this morning and now I'm all unpacked and organised (which I could never be in the last job) my office is FAB. I've got my own office and it's HUGE... two huge desks and space for at least three more if I wanted, there's a huge window looking out on some trees :) some caravans :o and some freight boxes :eek: and this place just seems so much more organised than the last one. They even get fresh flowers every week so I'm gonna try and get them to put some in my office. Today obviously I'm just kinda settling in so I dunno what the work's going to be like. It's a massive job so I reckon I'm gonna be pretty busy but for now it's great. I'm soooooooooooooooo excited :D
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well done! I was just wondering if we were going to hear from you again.
  • Well done! I was just wondering if we were going to hear from you again.
    :D I was only missing for a morning... that's cos we were moving. I was soooo so busy this morning having to help load everything we'd packed on Friday, and then onload it and sort it out when it got here. Also the IT guy had to come and set up my computer for use but I was too busy to have used it anyway. I'm still waiting on shelves so most of the stuff is just stored neatly under the other desk :D but hopefully I'll have that sorted out in the next couple of days. And it's great though cos my new boss seems to listen to me. I told him I NEEDED the other desk and told him exactly what I want and what way I want to do things :) and he listened :eek: let's see how long that lasts :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Sounds awesome :D Enjoy!!!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    congrats on the new office ,are there guy's there that will hawk you down when you come walking by ?? ...:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • congrats on the new office ,are there guy's there that will hawk you down when you come walking by ?? ...
    :) not so far... it's just management right now cos it's at the very very beginning but it's gonna be the biggest job my company has on and one of their biggest EVER so I'm sure there will be at some stage :D

Thanks Beck :) still this morning they're leaving me to it... I'm dreading all this paperwork they've promised me :eek: . Did I mention my desk is mahogony? :) even my boss is jealous of that one.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Congratulations ! glad you like you new office.
    I'm in my new job / office since 19th of November and I'm also very happy with my office. It' as 4 m x 4 m room with a big desk, a brand new computer, wood on the floor. I have a big window with a view to trees and sky. Soon, I'll add one or two PJ posters on the wall and it'll be perfect
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Julien wrote:
    Congratulations ! glad you like you new office.
    I'm in my new job / office since 19th of November and I'm also very happy with my office. It' as 4 m x 4 m room with a big desk, a brand new computer, wood on the floor. I have a big window with a view to trees and sky. Soon, I'll add one or two PJ posters on the wall and it'll be perfect
    :) Hmm never thought about the posters :D I do have a few hooks on the wall and I'm trying to figure out if I'd get away with it :D maybe after a few weeks. Your office sounds fab too :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    The new office sounds lovely. A view of trees? I am jealous.

Congrats!

Oh, does the new place come with any cute smokers? ;)
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • yay! i'm glad you like your new digs, Hells! :)

we just got new carpet in our office, because we've had two pipes burst in the last month... oh the joys of working on a construction site... :rolleyes:

i'm still stuck in my little corner cubbie here.... if i moved the box that's sitting on top of the filing cabinet that's in front of me, i could see out the very top of a window.... straight out to the jobsite, where i have a great view of some fence, a skid-steer, and some guys pouring concrete... ;)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • The new office sounds lovely. A view of trees? I am jealous.

Congrats!

Oh, does the new place come with any cute smokers? ;)
    Haven't met any smokers yet :o well there's one from my last job but no potential there.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • yay! i'm glad you like your new digs, Hells! :)

we just got new carpet in our office, because we've had two pipes burst in the last month... oh the joys of working on a construction site... :rolleyes:

i'm still stuck in my little corner cubbie here.... if i moved the box that's sitting on top of the filing cabinet that's in front of me, i could see out the very top of a window.... straight out to the jobsite, where i have a great view of some fence, a skid-steer, and some guys pouring concrete... ;)
    :D sounds like the perfect view. Even one of the directors was in this morning saying how nice my office is. It even has a girly smell... vanilla... I've no idea where THAT'S coming from though :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life