Options

Yes!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Got back to Dublin Tuesday evening and discovered the heating wasn't working :eek: then I saw a bill sitting in the hall and realised I'd forgotten to pay the last bill :eek: and on the bill it says that they can only discuss bill information with the billholder... who's unavailable... so was thinking FUCK! I was also thinking if they can only come out a week day, I'm fucked cos there's nobody there during the day and I was thinking about how I'm gonna have to pay all this money since it was MY fault we got cut off.

So I FINALLY got the nerve to call them (thinking I'd have to go through all the shite about how they've been happy to take my money for the past three years and then suggest possible leaks and blah blah blah if they wouldn't help me) and, firstly, when I gave the account name as a man he didn't question me at all. THEN he told me that we HADN'T been cut off :) and THEN he said they wouldn't be able to send an engineer out til Saturday morning :) and that it would go on the bill :)

So that's BRILLIANT. Ah, these things never work out the way you want them to... I thought they'd be fussy bastards saying they could only speak to the billholder and that the bill holder would have to sign for the works... and that we HAD been cut off and that I'd have to pay 200euro to be reconnected... and that they could ONLY come out on a weekday 2 weeks from now, lol. See, it helps to just make these calls rather than think of all the bad possible scenarios.

Soooooooo... just two more nights of long hot baths, while the fire's warming up, followed by hot chocolate and hot water bottle... and getting dressed in bed in the morning. And then nice, warm, cosy HEAT.
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I've have never heard of somebody getting their heat cut off due to being late on a bill. This would have been a first.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    I've have never heard of somebody getting their heat cut off due to being late on a bill. This would have been a first.
    Nah, I'm pretty sure it happens :o

But we weren't though so that's good :)

Also, was talking to one of the lads here at work and he reckons it might just be a fuse or something... cos the electricity's not getting through to it. So if I can get my neighbour to have a look tonight we won't need to pay ANY kinda bill for it :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Welcome back, Hels!! :D
  • Options
    Welcome back, Hels!! :D
    Thank you :D

Missed ya :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    my bill for december was $362. and I don't use much heat and I just have me...so I've decided to just turn off the heat. and of course today it's a high of 11 degrees.
  • Options
    Thank you :D

Missed ya :o

Welcome :D

I missed you too .... :o
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    that's the least interesting story i've heard since the day Samuel the talking Sloth described his day off to me

p.s. happy new year ;):):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    my bill for december was $362. and I don't use much heat and I just have me...so I've decided to just turn off the heat. and of course today it's a high of 11 degrees.
    for December? :eek:

Our bill comes every 2 months, so since I hadn't paid the last one, this was a 4 month bill of 394euro. I dunno if that's good or not :o but it's usually between 4 of us too so it's not all that much.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    that's the least interesting story i've heard since the day Samuel the talking Sloth described his day off to me

p.s. happy new year ; ) : ) : )
    Happy new year to you too prickface :)

It may be boring to you... but I felt like I'd won the lottery :) . Ok, well maybe 3 numbers on the lotto plus 2, but ya know what I mean :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    good luck in the third world
  • Options
    My nice cosy office is no longer that.

They ran out of oil :eek:

So now I'm stuck with the little electric heater trying to heat this huge room... if someone opens the door for 3 seconds, I'm back to square one :o

I wanna go to a hotel :( I'm sick of being cold :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    awww i'm glad it will be sorted so soon , thats so bad just as we are having a cold flurry !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    eek ok i just read the above post by you

????????????????????????????????????????/

do you have magnetic thing going on that makes all heating brake ???
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    eek ok i just read the above post by you

????????????????????????????????????????/

do you have magnetic thing going on that makes all heating brake ???
    :o it is indeed quite possible... urrgghgh... dammit... I just wanna get WARM. My neighbour dropped in two electric heaters last night and they're useless :o . I slept with two duvets on me :o and it didn't work. Now three people came into my office so all the heats gone :(

I just don't like the cold :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life