Options

What's wrong with happy people?

2»

Comments

• Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    :) there are plenty of beautiful yet miserable women out there... I really hope you find yours ;)

Why thank you! I hope she finds me as well. Hey, just because I'm not happy, doesn't mean I can't be optimistic, right? :p:D
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    libragirl wrote:
    lol...well I stay in the middle...figure if something bad happens I don't get too depressed and if something real good happens Im like, nice. Right now Im more bitter then I'd care to be.
    I dunno... call me melodramatic (everyone else does :D ) but sometimes it's fun to experience emotions to their limit.

Merlin... actually I believe it does :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    I dunno... call me melodramatic (everyone else does :D ) but sometimes it's fun to experience emotions to their limit.

Awww, shucks. :(

I'll figure something out then...I always do.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I've been sucked in to this years big brother :o and there are a few members of the house who try to overlook all the bullshit but they just get accused by the others (the ones with a gameplan cos they're obviously jealous) of being fake and having a gameplan. So it got me thinking, since when is it unpopular to be happy? What the fuck's wrong with happy people? :o
    I dont know about that show but....in real life and....ON HERE, not many people appreciate "happiness". And why do i feel hung over?!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    SENROCK! wrote:
    And why do i feel hung over?!
    Payback for me having one yesterday and you getting off scott-free? :p
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Lukin66 wrote:
    Payback for me having one yesterday and you getting off scott-free? :p

ahhhh that could be the case 66. However, Im not SURE its a hangover. The room isn't spinning and...I dont feellike puking. I DO feel like I'm carrying a city on the tip of my dome though. I just want to sort of lay over the sofa and do nothing.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i love happy people.

not the 'fake happy' people who seeminly never have a bad day, never share anything 'real'...but truly, the 'happy people' who realize life is a gift...that there's more good than bad...that CHOOSE to find the good, the happy, in the smallest of things...and even when life is utter shite....realize...the sun WILL shine another day......that's my kind of happy.

i find a lot of people are under the impression that i am one of those perpetual happy people, and then they meet me. ;) haha. i AM an optimist, i do choose to try and see the good. but hell yes, i have bad days.....i have a temper...i have opinions, i can be a bitch, i can be negative. thing is, just not for long. i truly realize how utterly BLESSED i am...even with whatever BS is thrown my way in life. i have had my fair share of shite...more to come too i imagine...but i also know how absolutely fortunate i am too. there will always be someone WAY better off than me...and others WAY more underpriveliged. i am THANKFUL to be happily somewhere in the inbetween. because you betcha, it's mine. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632

Oh Im a highly emotional gal...that freaks people out sometimes..well at least my ex :rolleyes: I guess I would say I'm highly expressive. People usually know if Im happy, sad, pissed..lol
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    not the 'fake happy' people who seeminly never have a bad day, never share anything 'real'...but truly, the 'happy people' who realize life is a gift...that there's more good than bad...that CHOOSE to find the good, the happy, in the smallest of things...and even when life is utter shite....realize...the sun WILL shine another day......that's my kind of happy.
    ABSOLUTELY! :) I know a few of them and they're an absolute pleasure to be around. You forget about anything bad when you're with them.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    Oh Im a highly emotional gal...that freaks people out sometimes..well at least my ex :rolleyes: I guess I would say I'm highly expressive. People usually know if Im happy, sad, pissed..lol
    :) well I think that's a good way to be.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Happy people bother me when they start to act like there's something wrong with being unhappy.

Women especially get into this trip where they say things like, "Oh, so and so is so down and depressed. I don't want to be around someone like that."

Truth of the matter is that women who make those comments tend be "happy" because they've learned to live with their head in the clouds, and expect everyone else to do the same. They've realized that it's either "unattractive" to be unhappy, or that reality just isn't worth paying attention to.

So, eventually they think they've found a guy who is "upbeat" and "happy", but it's really just some guy who has learned to mask his feelings really well.

Eventually the "ugly" feelings surface in the form of self-destructive behavior such as drinking, communication problems, and eventually resentment towards his wife for expecting him to be "happy" all the time.

Here's a true story: I used to screw around with this woman who complained that I was too "depressed" for her. LMAO..she ended up dating a guy who beat her into a state of needing to be hospitalized. But, hey, he was such an outgoing, "upbeat" person when he wasn't a psychotic woman-beater.

I hate to sound sexist, but I've known over the years too many women who parade their "happiness" around as though it was a badge of maturity, yet they couldn't properly manage their lives if their lives depended on it. The moral of the story is that it's easy to be "happy" when we naively ignore anything that would make us "unhappy."

BTW, mild depression is actually a sign of intelligence. If Abraham Lincoln were alive today, he'd be on a constant regimen of prozac or even lithium. "Don't be so unhappy and depressed about slavery, President Lincoln, you're bringing us all down."
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Happy people bother me when they start to act like there's something wrong with being unhappy.

Women especially get into this trip where they say things like, "Oh, so and so is so down and depressed. I don't want to be around someone like that."

Truth of the matter is that women who make those comments tend be "happy" because they've learned to live with their head in the clouds, and expect everyone else to do the same. They've realized that it's either "unattractive" to be unhappy, or that reality just isn't worth paying attention to.

So, eventually they think they've found a guy who is "upbeat" and "happy", but it's really just some guy who has learned to mask his feelings really well.

Eventually the "ugly" feelings surface in the form of self-destructive behavior such as drinking, communication problems, and eventually resentment towards his wife for expecting him to be "happy" all the time.

Here's a true story: I used to screw around with this woman who complained that I was too "depressed" for her. LMAO..she ended up dating a guy who beat her into a state of needing to be hospitalized. But, hey, he was such an outgoing, "upbeat" person when he wasn't a psychotic woman-beater.

I hate to sound sexist, but I've known over the years too many women who parade their "happiness" around as though it was a badge of maturity, yet they couldn't properly manage their lives if their lives depended on it. The moral of the story is that it's easy to be "happy" when we naively ignore anything that would make us "unhappy."

BTW, mild depression is actually a sign of intelligence. If Abraham Lincoln were alive today, he'd be on a constant regimen of prozac or even lithium. "Don't be so unhappy and depressed about slavery, President Lincoln, you're bringing us all down."
    Hmm... I get your point about masking happiness. But I don't really get the rest of it... ignoring anything that would make us unhappy... well eh... what's wrong with that?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    ignoring anything that would make us unhappy... well eh... what's wrong with that?

Life is an algebraic equation.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Life is an algebraic equation.
    :confused: that makes NO sense! :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Hinny wrote:

Prefer this one. :D It's more realistic! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHM8xG6i8o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    sponger wrote:

Actually strangely I agreed with pretty much everything you said for a change. Strange days indeed.

I would however point out that women are brought up to perpetuate this bullshit happy persona. It's expected, the evidence of it is all around, and many spend a great deal of their lives miserable because they think they are failing by not living up to the unrealistic expectation of being happy.

Otherwise pretty much agreed with what you had to say.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    :) well I think that's a good way to be.

I think so too...:)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I am the laughing prophet of doom. Sure, I think humans suck and we're turning this planet into an uninhabitable shithole, but I look forward to it all crashing down.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/