Options

seven ages of rock on vh1 classic

xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone watching? it's pretty interesting, i caught the one on alternative music last week and now i'm watching the one on punk rock.
Reading 2004
Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
Chicago 2007
Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
Fenway 2, 2018
MSG 2022
St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
"I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
Things happen in the game. Nothing you
can do. I don't go and say,
"I'm gonna beat this guy up."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I watched it. It was pretty good, even though 90% of the alternative rock one was REM and Nirvana
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    I watched (and re-watched) it about 2 weeks ago. I have to say that even though it came off a bit skewed as if rock and roll sprang forth from the loins of the UK (I mean there was not a whiff of Chuck Berry or the like to be found but then it was a BBC production), I enjoyed that series a lot. Enjoyed how they segmented the music into moments of time and moments of culture and moments of feelings.

If you really like/appreciate music and it's history there's no reason to not see this show. And if that ever comes out of DVD and if any of you are feeling kind, it would make a lovely present for me:).
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Loved the footage of Peter Gabriel fronting Genesis...that dude is out there...especially the "Fox on the Rock" outfit....that's the red dress with a fox's head. :p
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    i've seen a few of the episodes and was somewhat disappointed in myself because there was some music info i did NOT know... !! ;)
    (such as the peter gabriel/genesis stuff)

very interesting series from what i;ve seen.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i have every episode on DVD-
    i watched the rerun on last nights VH1 Classic, ( Episode 1 : The Birth Of Rock ) and it still boggles my mind that they never even once eluded to any Motown.......at all whatsoever , in all of these mini- documentaries .

what gives ?

:confused:

Dennis Hopper narrating is a little irritating to me also . To each their own.

Be sure to catch the " Stadium Rock " Episode where ( you guessed it ) Bruce Springsteen and ESB are featured at length.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i have every episode on DVD-
    i watched the rerun on last nights VH1 Classic, ( Episode 1 : The Birth Of Rock ) and it still boggles my mind that they never even once eluded to any Motown.......at all whatsoever , in all of these mini- documentaries .

what gives ?

:confused:

Dennis Hopper narrating is a little irritating to me also . To each their own.

Be sure to catch the " Stadium Rock " Episode where ( you guessed it ) Bruce Springsteen and ESB are featured at length.
    Like I said...it's a BBC production.

Who knows which way it would lean if it were a US/Viacom/MTV/et al production. But I still watched and I still enjoyed.

And I like Dennis Hopper, too ;).
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace