Options

Question for the fashion/style-conscious Women

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Is HOBO International a good brand?.....I am looking for a gift, and their wallet designs seem more fun than Marc by Marc Jacobs, which looked elegant yet a bit boring.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Is HOBO International a good brand?.....I am looking for a gift, and their wallet designs seem more fun than Marc by Marc Jacobs, which looked elegant yet a bit boring.

Thanks!

For me, 'designer' = elegant yet a bit boring.

:D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    anyone?
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Ask that fashion chick... uh, what's her name again... Chris Cornell?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Ok, it depends.
    I love, love, love Marc Jacobs and think his leather goods are to die for.
    But yes, sometimes he can be a bit conventional.
    Hobo has some really, really cute stuff. Can't vouch for the quality personally, tho.
    Marc, I can. LOVE~
    If she likes Marc's stuff, go for it I would say.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Thanks!
    i've never heard of that brand before...where are you looking to buy a wallet?

i may be the wrong girl to ask as i'm a HUGE fan of marc by marc jacobs!! he has a lot of fun designs out now with cute prints. i'll see if i can come up with a better suggestion when i get home from work tonight :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    thanks to you and Trixie.

I looked at Bloomingdales...they had Hobo Intl, Juicy, Tusk, Marc Jacobs, Fendi and Kate Spade, among others.

The Kate Spade looked a bit tacky because of the way that the brand name was gold-stamped onto the leather. Fendi seems a bit too posh, and Tusk looked cheap so I narrowed-it down to Marc by Marc Jacobs, and Hobo Intl.

The gift is for our 2 year anniversary, and I am planning on putting a few gift cards to places we like inside the wallet!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I looked at Bloomingdales...they had Hobo Intl, Juicy, Tusk, Marc Jacobs, Fendi and Kate Spade, among others.

The Kate Spade looked a bit tacky because of the way that the brand name was gold-stamped onto the leather. Fendi seems a bit too posh, and Tusk looked cheap so I narrowed-it down to Marc by Marc Jacobs, and Hobo Intl.

The gift is for our 2 year anniversary, and I am planning on putting a few gift cards to places we like inside the wallet!

Nice gift! What kind of bag does she have! Maybe you can match the wallet! Also look at the Louis Vuitton.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I would go with Marc by Marc Jacobs - love his stuff! so cute. Love coach wallets too. They always have fun designs and colors. I really like the purple ones this fall. They have lots of cute wristlets that can double as a wallet too.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    Nice gift! What kind of bag does she have! Maybe you can match the wallet! Also look at the Lous Vuitton.

Jeez, can we have more of an effeminate conversation, BD?
    :)

None of her purses are too fancy...they are more hip than fancy.....Kid Robot, Ben Sherman, etc.

I would never buy LV....seems too nouveau/wannabe rich to me!...but thats just my opinion!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

You are awesome!
    What a great gift! :)
    And no to all the men out there saying "oh shit, I have to buy her expensive stuff too?"
    No, just saying that is a great gift. Better than cash. :o
    We just want to be held fellas.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

None of her purses are too fancy...they are more hip than fancy.....Kid Robot, Ben Sherman, etc.

I would never buy LV....seems too nouveau/wannabe rich to me!...but thats just my opinion!

Lol! I was just getting my shopping hat on! Nah, I think Prada and Fendi fit the Nouveau riche category. LV is kinda classy.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Nice gift! What kind of bag does she have! Maybe you can match the wallet! Also look at the Louis Vuitton.

:eek:

i think it's time for some male bonding bd ;):D

and considering i have no idea what the hell anyone is talking about, i've been a bachelor waaay too long :p:o
  • Options
    Lol! I was just getting my shopping hat on! Nah, I think Prada and Fendi fit the Nouveau riche category. LV is kinda classy.
    See, that is what happens when something gets too popular...it isn't classy anymore.
    Prada and Fendi are both incredible luxury brands...excellent quality and the designs stand the test of time. Except Prada's shoes are so not comfy. :mad:
    I have a gorgeous Fendi baguette...beaded and all..so beautiful. I bust it out for old skool sake once in a while.
    It is harder to seriously rock an older Prada tho. :o
    LV is classic. Truly.
    Can you imagine having a set of the trunks????? :eek:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    TrixieCat wrote:
    We just want to be held fellas.

and some of us just want to hold you ladies :)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    TrixieCat wrote:
    See, that is what happens when something gets too popular...it isn't classy anymore.

i went to NYC for the holidays a few years ago and every single woman had on the burberry scarf and pattern that was all the rage... after that trip i HATE that damn burberry style

played out
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    i went to NYC for the holidays a few years ago and every single woman had on the burberry scarf and pattern that was all the rage... after that trip i HATE that damn burberry style

played out
    Good thing I have a Burberry scarf. :rolleyes:
    A REAL one tho. lol
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

i think it's time for some male bonding bd ;):D

and considering i have no idea what the hell anyone is talking about, i've been a bachelor waaay too long :p:o
    Yeah, no kidding dude!

I think I need an intervention!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Prada and Fendi are both incredible luxury brands...excellent quality and the designs stand the test of time. Except Prada's shoes are so not comfy. :mad:
    I have a gorgeous Fendi baguette...beaded and all..so beautiful. I bust it out for old skool sake once in a while.
    It is harder to seriously rock an older Prada tho. :o
    LV is classic. Truly.
    Can you imagine having a set of the trunks????? :eek:

I had client (an NBA player) who would wear Prada running shoes.....talk about conspicuous consumption!

When I was a lad, I worked in a luggage repair shop.....one of the fellas who worked there was trying to clean an LV suitcase with paint thinner.....the outcome was not good....the gold LV staming quicly disappeared!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I had client (an NBA player) who would wear Prada running shoes.....talk about conspicuous consumption!

When I was a lad, I worked in a luggage repair shop.....one of the fellas who worked there was trying to clean an LV suitcase with paint thinner.....the outcome was not good....the gold LV staming quicly disappeared!
    Ok, next time warn me before you are about to put me into cardiac arrest.
    Paint thinner on LOUIS VUITTON LUGGAGE?!?!???!?!?!?
    It is not a money thing people. It is respect.
    Respect for the Louis Vuitton.
    sheesh....
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Ok, next time warn me before you are about to put me into cardiac arrest.
    Paint thinner on LOUIS VUITTON LUGGAGE?!?!???!?!?!?
    It is not a money thing people. It is respect.
    Respect for the Louis Vuitton.
    sheesh....

I don't think Mr. Vuitton is above getting smeared-out!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I don't know anything about the brands you're talking about... but if her bags are hip rather than fancy... go for hip rather than fancy wallets :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I don't know anything about the brands you're talking about... but if her bags are hip rather than fancy... go for hip rather than fancy wallets :)

Perhaps you can fashion a wallet out of a potato sack and guiness can...I will call it Irish Folk Art!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Perhaps you can fashion a wallet out of a potato sack and guiness can...I will call it Irish Folk Art!
    You wanna have a THIRD anniversary? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    You wanna have a THIRD anniversary? :p

good point.....the only potato-oriented item will be the mashed ones at dinner!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    good point.....the only potato-oriented item will be the mashed ones at dinner!
    :) put plenty of butter in it and you'll be fine :)

anyway, listen to the other girls about the fashion stuff :D but it really does depend on the person. If my bf got me an LV item I wouldn't be very impressed... cos 1. it's ridiculous money and 2. it's horrible... so tell us what she likes :)

Is she IN to fashion?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

anyway, listen to the other girls about the fashion stuff :D but it really does depend on the person. If my bf got me an LV item I wouldn't be very impressed... cos 1. it's ridiculous money and 2. it's horrible... so tell us what she likes :)

Is she IN to fashion?
    That shit might fly out where the hills are alive with the sound of music.
    But over here, where the streets are lined with gold and all of the women have boob jobs...you need to produce the goods.
    :p
    In all seriousness...let me break this down in Helen terms....
    Would you rather drink a Bud Light or a Guinness?
    Or a Scotch that just came out of the mill or one that has aged 20 -40 years???
    It is the same thing. No matter which way you cut it.
    Quality over quantity.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    But over here, where the streets are lined with gold and all of the women have boob jobs...you need to produce the goods.
    : p
    Quality over quantity.
    :confused: I hate guinness and all whiskey tastes like petrol to me (besides, an Irish person drinking Scotch????? :eek: what are ya on? ) :D

Oh... and I don't live in Switzerland :p;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :confused: I hate guinness and all whiskey tastes like petrol to me :D

Oh... and I don't live in Switzerland :p;)
    I am going to pinch your bum when I see you in London at the end of March!!!
    You now what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would you drink Bud Light over Harp????
  • Options

Is she IN to fashion?

She likes nice things....by no means is she stuck-up or overly posh, but just like her taste in blokes (ME!), she has a good level of sophistication!

She likes Ben Sherman, Kid Robot, Anthropologie (the shop), etc.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Quality over quantity.

I agree.......a bar of Irish Spring, and a nice ditty on the tin whistle just won't suffice here!