Options

Just joined the ASPCA

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Donation2?df_id=1020&1020.donation=form1&s_src=donate&s_subsrc=dek

Saw their latest commercial with the abused animals, and they definitely suckered me in. Got a dog at home and love the damn thing to death, so i figured i may as well sign up and help out those other ones that don't feel that same love.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
2018 Boston I, Boston II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 Boston I, Boston II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    oh my god you freakin rule. im gonna cry. i miss my doggie.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Oh my god, I am the biggest sucker when it comes to adopting animals. (mainly cats)...

This I will have to consider!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I volunteer at our local shelter, so thank you. :) We actually took in several dogs from Katrina. All are healthy now and in happy adoptive families.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Oh my god, I am the biggest sucker when it comes to adopting animals. (mainly cats)...

i used to have a huuuuge house with like 3 acres of backyard and i did a pretty good job of adopting every doggie i could rescue!!!! :D i wanna volunteer at a shelter but i just feel like i'd cry on a daily basis seeing the ones without homes. :(

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Hubby and I gave to the Maui Humane Society while we were there....then I got on their website and bought a hoodie and a bunch of their calendars! I met a bunch of dogs over there and we missed our pooches, so we gave....and I believe in giving back when you visit another place....(also joined the Surfrider Foundation)...

And of course, there were all the awesome pit members who sponsored me for the SPCA walkathon in my own community!!! Thanks again!!

I think it's awesome that so many of us do what we can to help those who cannot speak for themselves...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Hubby and I gave to the Maui Humane Society while we were there....then I got on their website and bought a hoodie and a bunch of their calendars! I met a bunch of dogs over there and we missed our pooches, so we gave....and I believe in giving back when you visit another place....(also joined the Surfrider Foundation)...

And of course, there were all the awesome pit members who sponsored me for the SPCA walkathon in my own community!!! Thanks again!!

I think it's awesome that so many of us do what we can to help those who cannot speak for themselves...
    Hey, that's cool! I used to know someone who worked at the Maui HS. In fact she may still volunteer there, I've just kind of lost touch with her. She gave us a tour though when we visited quite a few years ago now. It was a nice facility. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I volunteer at our local shelter, so thank you. :)
    do you really???? what exxxactly do you do? i mean, how do u even BEGIN to volunteer? im interested.

• Options
    Oh my god, I am the biggest sucker when it comes to adopting animals and spend my new years with them instead of drinkin! (mainly cats)...

well at least you're open about it :p

i love animals too!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    well at least you're open about it :p

i love animals too!

hahahaha I re-read that and was like.. WTF?!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    do you really???? what exxxactly do you do? i mean, how do u even BEGIN to volunteer? im interested.
    Long story. I started out walking dogs, but that didn't last long as I started dreaming about them and couldn't handle it. Wanted to bring them all home. I'm just not cut out for working with the animals, although there are so many dedicated volunteers who are! Then I volunteered in our thrift store. Then when the bookkeeper was leaving, she called me because I had offered my help as I am a semi-retired accountant. So...I have been doing all of the accounting since 2000. :) The shelters so need volunteers in every area, but the problem is that they are so short handed that there often isn't someone to organize them. If you want to volunteer, just be ready to be ignored at first, sad but true, but keep at it and try different things and once they see you are serious you will be overwhelmed! :) Good luck.
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Long story. I started out walking dogs, but that didn't last long as I started dreaming about them and couldn't handle it. Wanted to bring them all home. I'm just not cut out for working with the animals, although there are so many dedicated volunteers who are! Then I volunteered in our thrift store. Then when the bookkeeper was leaving, she called me because I had offered my help as I am a semi-retired accountant. So...I have been doing all of the accounting since 2000. :) The shelters so need volunteers in every area, but the problem is that they are so short handed that there often isn't someone to organize them. If you want to volunteer, just be ready to be ignored at first, sad but true, but keep at it and try different things and once they see you are serious you will be overwhelmed! :) Good luck.

walking the doggies is EXXXACTLY what i wanna volunteer for. But, like you, i KNOW i will want to bring them home. I just feel like i want to do this becuz, since my doggie died a few months ago, i feel SO empty like CRAZY. I know i cant get another doggie yet so i wanted to volunteer. I didnt know if that was allowed though. And if i can even take seeing what goes on there daily. ugh. but thanks so much.

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    cool deal.
    my sis suggested this to me the other day, cause Im also looking to volunteer and help either the homeless situation here in NY or homeless Children but I also love dogs and animals.... thanx for the link and the info people! I think I might go looking for the offices here in NY maybe on monday
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...