superbad is hilarious

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,936
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
"Shut the fuck up........and take off that vest.......you look like Aladdin."

I think Michael Cera's (aka George Michael) dry sense of humor was what really drove this movie, at least for me anyways. Pick up the two-disc edition, it's mighty good.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just picked up the 2 DVD set today

Sweeeeeeet !!

I saw it in the movies and had to buy it

"We're blood brothers."
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • i'll be kicking back with a few sierra nevada's and watching this in t minus 50 minutes.

mclovin.
  • I should be getting it in the mail tomorrow through netflix (says it shipped so I was high enough on the list to receive the new release).
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • I loved the daydream sequences about how they were gonna score the booze.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • i'll be kicking back with a few sierra nevada's and watching this in t minus 50 minutes.

mclovin.

McLovin is my new favorite movie character.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i need to get that one. i thought about grabbing pirates 3 as well. it was pretty bad, but the completist in me feels i need it.
  • I hope this movie has not been over hyped like Knocked Up was... dont get me wrong I liked that movie but it was over hyped...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    I hope this movie has not been over hyped like Knocked Up was... dont get me wrong I liked that movie but it was over hyped...

knocked up was way over-hyped. i didn't think it was all that funny. it just wasn't as male-centered so critics were allowed to like it.
  • knocked up was way over-hyped. i didn't think it was all that funny. it just wasn't as male-centered so critics were allowed to like it.

Well there were some really poorly written jokes... specifically around the main characters friends... I thought the movie got a pass in respect to some of the writing. I look forward to seeing Superbad though.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    Well there were some really poorly written jokes... specifically around the main characters friends... I thought the movie got a pass in respect to some of the writing. I look forward to seeing Superbad though.

superbad was much funnier. but dont expect anything novel. it's damn funny, but nothing really new.
  • superbad was much funnier. but dont expect anything novel. it's damn funny, but nothing really new.

Got it! :)
  • Speaking of Knocked Up...

There was a thread about that movie on my mom message board that I used to belong to. None of the women liked it, because, in their words "there were too many F-bombs" and one of them "expected it to be a lot more like the movie Nine Months start Hugh Grant"...

I've since stopped visiting that board. :D

I agree, though...Superbad was really funny, largely because of Michael Cera. He's great. And cute. ;)
  • you scratch my back, ill scratch yours

uh, that funny you mention that because my back is located on my cock,...

hahahahahahaha,...

just bought it today
    you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    knocked up was way over-hyped. i didn't think it was all that funny. it just wasn't as male-centered so critics were allowed to like it.

I thought Superbad was over-hyped too! I saw it in the theater and laughed maybe twice throughout the movie..
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    Trailer wrote:
    I thought Superbad was over-hyped too! I saw it in the theater and laughed maybe twice throughout the movie..

maybe i avoided the hype and had my expectations lowered enough by knocked up to enjoy it more.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    knocked up was great, superbad was great, and walk hard will be great. judd apatow does no wrong.

"i assume you all have guns and crack"
  • Walk Hard is not Judd Apatow, but you're right, he does no wrong. Everyone who hasn't seen Superbad, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin and the TV series' Undeclared and Freaks & Geeks is seriously missing out.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Superbad was waaay overhyped. It was a mediocre movie that everyone went nuts about for some reason. Knocked Up was much better.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    gleemonex wrote:
    Walk Hard is not Judd Apatow, but you're right, he does no wrong. Everyone who hasn't seen Superbad, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin and the TV series' Undeclared and Freaks & Geeks is seriously missing out.

judd apatow is one of the writers of walk hard. he produced it also. so it is very much judd apatow (you can look it up if you dont believe me). freaks and geeks is the most underrated show of all time. definitely my fave show besides sopranos and seinfeld. apatow is a true genious.
  • EddiEEddiE Posts: 125
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who didnt find it that funny. My mate said it was hilarious, so I watched it, and laughed maybe once or twice...nothing new with this film that hasn't been done before....about from the blood on the guys leg, which was kinda gross.
    Paris 7/11/96
    Manchester 4/6/00
    Superbad was waaay overhyped. It was a mediocre movie that everyone went nuts about for some reason. Knocked Up was much better.

are you serious? knocked up didnt hold a candle to superbad, half the movie was lame shots of them getting ultrasounds and crying about their baby and sappy bullshit like that. it was the most over-hyped movie of the year. the reason it did so well is (and dunk will back me on this) girls have no sense of humor so it was finally a judd flick that chicks would be willing to watch cos there was some sappy bullshit drama.

but neither was as good as 40 year old virgin.
  • my favorite scene might be when evan (aka: george michael) gets trapped in the room with the cokeheads and they make him sing "these eyes". the dance moves are hilarious.
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    knocked up was good but overhyped. superbad is the best comedy of the year. i'm way behind on seeing movies too but it's by far the best one i've seen all year. "a breast reduction is like slapping god in the face." if you didn't find this movie good or funny you need to go to a doctor, there's something wrong with you. "a gun is like having 2 cocks, only one of your cocks can kill someone."
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    but neither was as good as 40 year old virgin.

EXACTLY!!!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • i think superbad was so hilarious!! knocked up is one of my other faves too. great funny movies
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    are you serious? knocked up didnt hold a candle to superbad, half the movie was lame shots of them getting ultrasounds and crying about their baby and sappy bullshit like that. i

I agree with ya there... Knocked up had a few moments, but overall kind of sappy..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • "...makes me feel young again *SQUEAK!*"
  • I just picked up the 2 DVD set today

Sweeeeeeet !!

I saw it in the movies and had to buy it

"We're blood brothers."

I laughed so hard at that part, I think I needed to use my asthma inhaler.
  • Gotta say Reno 911 Miami is better than Superbad by a hair...both are way funnier than anything else this year though.
  • I liked McLovin' and the two cops but I wasn't too into Seth and Evan. Seth was just too loud and over the top and Evan was too whiney and play-it-straight. I wish they could have met in the middle. they did have some funny lines though.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com