Options

Shaving my Head for Childhood Cancer Research

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Here is my personal page:
(For some reason the link keeps splitting, so when you cut and paste it, remove the space in the "K ey" part.)

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participant ... 2008|21871

Feel free to surf around this site to get a feel for this organization, for they do wonderful things. Approx. 13 mil. was raised for childhood cancer research from people just like you and I shaving their heads last year!!!!

I will be in Boston on March 6th, doing just that. Any amount you could give would be greatly appreciated and would not only mean a lot to me, but to those that don't have hair for more serious reasons. Even if you can't donate, I thank you for supporting my endeavors. Peace and God bless!!!!!!!!

Ryan

P.S. (Closer to the date I will be posting some 'before' pictures, along with some 'after' pictures after the event. On another note, Sean McDonough, former Red Sox announcer and current ESPN announcer is emceeing this event, which is really cool, as he is a great guy and a personal hero of mine being a Comm. major myself).
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
2018 Boston I, Boston II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 Boston I, Boston II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    aren't you the sweetest thing EVER?!?!?!?!!?

What a wonderful cause...
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Your page didn't work when I tried it but I commend you for your efforts anyway :) keep it up and good luck.

All the best,
    Jamie.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    thats awesome! its so good to see so many nice people on the board :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    bump
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Wow. good for you.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I work in cancer research and praise you for what you do!

I can honestly say that there are a lot of tremendous drugs and ideas out there right now, but because of the system it takes millions upon millions of dollars to get anything TO human trials. Even then it's less then 5% that reach the FDA... :(
    It's a horribly expensive process that is hindered every step, every way by millions of dollars and politics.
    Any support and any help is greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Here is my personal page:
    (For some reason the link keeps splitting, so when you cut and paste it, remove the space in the "K ey" part.)

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participant ... 2008|21871

Feel free to surf around this site to get a feel for this organization, for they do wonderful things. Approx. 13 mil. was raised for childhood cancer research from people just like you and I shaving their heads last year!!!!

I will be in Boston on March 6th, doing just that. Any amount you could give would be greatly appreciated and would not only mean a lot to me, but to those that don't have hair for more serious reasons. Even if you can't donate, I thank you for supporting my endeavors. Peace and God bless!!!!!!!!

Ryan

P.S. (Closer to the date I will be posting some 'before' pictures, along with some 'after' pictures after the event. On another note, Sean McDonough, former Red Sox announcer and current ESPN announcer is emceeing this event, which is really cool, as he is a great guy and a personal hero of mine being a Comm. major myself).

For some reason the link keeps splitting, so when you cut and paste it, remove the space in the "K ey" part.

thats awesome!!!

do your link like this maybe

Childhood Cancer Research
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    bump!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Great cause and fantastic effort! Can wait to see the pics :D

Good luck!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.