Towel dry or air dry?

EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
After a shower? Which do you prefer?

I air dry. Sure it takes longer, but my skin feels much better after rather than rubbing a towel all over myself.

Nothing like a nice hot shower and then relaxing in the wind. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Towel for me.

No time for air dry
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    EvilMerlin wrote:

I air dry. Sure it takes longer, but my skin feels much better after rather than rubbing a towel all over myself.

Do you just stand around naked while you dry? :D

I used to actually air dry, but then I realized that I'm warmer if I towel dry.

btw...what a random question! :D
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    EvilMerlin wrote:

Yeah do you just walk around all wet?

I do that too :o

OH you meant after a shower. Why would you do that? After swimming I might jump out of the pool and lie on a lawn chair and air dry that way. But it sounds like you just walk around the house dripping wet until you dry. :eek: How long does that take?
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    eh..yeah I towel dry...I don't rub like a freak but I do like drying myself off. I don't want my clothes sticking to me. :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • uhhh towel dry.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    towel dry my body and air-dry my hair (usuallYy)0

why am i responding to this?? :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    libragirl wrote:
    eh..yeah I towel dry...I don't rub like a freak but I do like drying myself off. I don't want my clothes sticking to me. :p

I don't put on clothes yet. I wait til I'm dry. :p

I hate having clothes stick to me as well. I noticed that I'd sometimes miss spots when I towel dry, so I I just waited rather than rushed and found out I like it better. :D
    Do you just stand around naked while you dry?

I used to actually air dry, but then I realized that I'm warmer if I towel dry.

btw...what a random question!

Yeah do you just walk around all wet?

I do that too

OH you meant after a shower. Why would you do that? After swimming I might jump out of the pool and lie on a lawn chair and air dry that way. But it sounds like you just walk around the house dripping wet until you dry. How long does that take?

HAHAHAH! Jen...jealous that your thread got deleted and trying to sabotage mine? :p

And yes, I do. I'll rub my hair a little bit so that's not dripping wet, and stand on the mat and let most of the water run off, but then yeah, just walk out. I don't have carpet, so cleaning up damp spots is tres easy. :)
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    towel dry,,otherwise u get water pimples on your back
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    towel. don't like walking around my apt dripping wet.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    otherwise u get water pimples on your back

What are those? Never heard of that...
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    EvilMerlin wrote:

I hate having clothes stick to me as well. I noticed that I'd sometimes miss spots when I towel dry, so I I just waited rather than rushed and found out I like it better. :D

HAHAHAH! Jen...jealous that your thread got deleted and trying to sabotage mine? :p

And yes, I do. I'll rub my hair a little bit so that's not dripping wet, and stand on the mat and let most of the water run off, but then yeah, just walk out. I don't have carpet, so cleaning up damp spots is tres easy. :)

Wait! Your hair on your head or down south? Oh, never mind...you just said you don't have any down there...you must wax :p

But then what if you sit down? Doesn't your furniture get wet??
    EvilMerlin wrote:

Well I need to get dressed quick...i don't have time to languish away naked...now if i had a reason to that would be different! :p
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    towel dry,,otherwise u get water pimples on your back

lol...yeah that too...plus I think wet skin is breeding ground for fungus..
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    Wait! Your hair on your head or down south? Oh, never mind...you just said you don't have any down there...you must wax :p

But then what if you sit down? Doesn't your furniture get wet??

I usually sit in the same chair for that if I'm not dry by the time I'm done brushing my teeth, setting out my clothes, etc. Then when I'm dry I go sit in my recliner. Or leave, or continue on doing whatever else I was planning on doing.

:p
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I towel dry everything but my balls...I air dry them babies. LOL

J/K

I wish I had one of those fancy driers in my bathroom because I do agree air dry feels better...and I have dry skin so towel drying doesn't help.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    I towel dry everything but my balls...I air dry them babies. LOL

J/K

I wish I had one of those fancy driers in my bathroom because I do agree air dry feels better...and I have dry skin so towel drying doesn't help.
    You have dry skin AND live in Arizona?
    Me, Myself and Irene comes to mind :p
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i did a lil research on how to slow my balding and apparently towel drying is bad... so lately ive been doing the air dry thing... but it takes longer
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Rygar wrote:
    You have dry skin AND live in Arizona?
    Me, Myself and Irene comes to mind :p

Hahahaha, yeah...dry skin in the desert isn't really a winning combination. LOL

Oh well, nothing a little lotion and fancy girl-soaps can't take care of. LOL!!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    towel dry all the time, no patience for the air
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Do you just stand around naked while you dry? :D

LOL!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    this is probably the strangest question ive answered

i towel dry all the time in winter - its too cold to wait, and you can give your skin a good rub down before you slather the bodybutter on

in summer im more partial to an air dry - but ive got kids so its only if i shower after they've left the house that i wonder down and make a coffee, or stand under the bathroom heater and brush my hair or teeth or whatever.

besides - to all the people worrying about air drying and bad skin - what do you do at the pool, or the beach?? rush straight out and dry yourself?? i dry my face, but the sun does the rest.
    impatience is a gift ........
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    EvilMerlin wrote:

do you live in a nudist camp?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    zenith wrote:

besides - to all the people worrying about air drying and bad skin - what do you do at the pool, or the beach?? rush straight out and dry yourself?? i dry my face, but the sun does the rest.

good point...I guess if it's really hot you dry in no time or else i try to towel myself off a bit :)
    iluvcats wrote:
    do you live in a nudist camp?

LOL. Nope. :p

It's just me hanging out like that. I guess I could turn it into one if I want some naked roommates. :p
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    towel dry, especially for my hair otherwise it fuucks up.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    If you don't towel dry you get water herpes.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    If you don't towel dry you get water herpes.

is that the same as water pimples?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    What I usually do is after I get done my shower I roll around on the carpet like my dog does in the back yard

My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    What I usually do is after I get done my shower I roll around on the carpet like my dog does in the back yard

do you shake off too? :D
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    libragirl wrote:
    do you shake off too? :D

Of course....then lift my leg

;):D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers