Socks for a song

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
I completed knitting my first pair of socks yesterday. Also, I just listened to my favorite song of all time "Feed the World" by Band Aide for the first time since this time last year. It is my favorite song of all songs, not just holiday songs.

If you would like a pair of handknit socks, would you be willing to trade for a CD with that song on it? Socks for songs (Hey, what a catchy phrase!)

Let me knit the socks first as they may take a few weeks. I only know how to make a woman's sock :D

Anyone interested?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sure. How do we do this?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    can you post a pic of your work?

are they striped or one color?

i'm interested...i have no patience to deal with double pointed needles...(I know how to knit)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    RKCNDY wrote:
    can you post a pic of your work?

are they striped or one color?

i'm interested...i have no patience to deal with double pointed needles...(I know how to knit)

+1 Cool idea :thumbup:
    Still waiting for a pic. :corn:
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    DS1119 wrote:
    Sure. How do we do this?
    How the hell did you dig this one up?
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    DS1119 wrote:
    Sure. How do we do this?
    How the hell did you dig this one up?

:lol:

I was shopping online for socks.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    fantastic.

i get knitted socks as gifts quite a bit. mom's friend betty gives them away as christmas gifts. i used to love wearing them as slippers and curling up by the fire and getting drunk as hell; that is when i drank. it was very relaxing, warm footed, felt great, felt the love through my feet.

your idea about socks for songs is awesome. if you get 19 orders or whatever the number
    you'll be a knitting maniac and hate everyone of us .... kidding of course.

but seriously.... can you imagine knitting 47 people each a pair of socks? that would take 2 years of solid knitting.

:mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DS1119 wrote:
    Sure. How do we do this?
    07 :lol::lol: good find