Options

Realiable source or bunch of crap?

Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
edited August 2008 in The Porch
So I get this forwarded to me on myspace by a friend, she tells me someone in her list posted this as a bulletin, probably someone I do not have on my list because I didn't see the bulletin.

So what do you guys think? Is this really a "reliable source" or if this person full of shit?

Please note that I don't know who posted this on myspace and this was forwarded to me without giving me the original bulletin poster's name, so if this was posted by one of you guys I have no idea, so don't take it personally.

The bulletin reads:

"Don't kill the Messenger...

I have information that pearl jam is going to embark on a massive, 38 State, 48 show tour of the U.S. starting in April 09 and ending in Seattle in early September. There will be 3 shows each in California (the first three shows) & Washington State (the last 3 shows), with Montana, Texas, Georgia, New York, Mass. & Illinois each getting 2 shows.

2 of the shows are said to be "secret shows" that will be held on the day after a major show in the same city, but a smaller location with tickets going on sale the day of the "secret show".

Approx. 15 shows will be "A Night with Pearl Jam" - 5 hour epic shows with special guests (celebreties - comedians??) to come out and entertain during (2) 20 minute breaks. The guys are said to be playing around with the idea of playing No Code in its entirety from start to finish with no breaks. These will all be outdoor arena's with a festival like atmosphere and various activities throughout the day.

The kicker is, the last show in Seattle will be the last show....period. They will announce the end of the run in their home state, and go out on top like all true champions do.

Trust me people...I get this information from a very reliable source."

IMO whoever is feeding info to this person is full of shit.

EDIT: :o Sorry guys, I didnt see the thread yesterday, I'm blocked at work so I dont see half of the stuff that gets posted during the day and I guess my search wasn't all that great after all :o
"Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    Locked within the hour. Sorry, no way that is true.
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    This came up yesterday. They are "pulling your leg." Let it go. :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    I don't think one word of it is true. although one or two of those things may happen... the no code one would be kick ass
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    Well they didnt send it to me... someone forwarded to me when they saw it posted on myspace...

Sorry guys I didnt see it (was is posted it yesterday too?) :o:, the board is blocked at my job so now I miss half of the action in here during the day.

I too think its bullshit by someone very clueless or someone very bored :D
  • Options
    robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    as my man penn would say "BULLSHIT!"
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i call bullshit, but who knows. the whole "playing No Code" sounds far fetched to me.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

DAMN!
    Now I feel like those people that forward emails about the missing children (that are not really missing) but get 1,000,000 people to forward the email :o: - LOL
  • Options
    DAMN!
    Now I feel like those people that forward emails about the missing children (that are not really missing) but get 1,000,000 people to forward the email :o: - LOL

well i'm surprised that shite left the confines of this place....at least you were cautious about your post ;):D
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    I bet that the person that did the bulletin on MS, got it from here. It is word for word.
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    well i'm surprised that shite left the confines of this place....at least you were cautious about your post ;):D

Oh well..... I guess this is my "feel really stupid thread" for the month of August :o - LOL
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    i don't believe it. as this band has many year's left of power & energy in them. taking some time off, taking care of personal stuff & taking some time to relax .. we all understand. but we very know this band kicks fucking ass. the band can jam, and still got it. ed's a god on the mic. there is no way this passion can stop. '09 won't be the end. not from this band. no way baby!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    Well they didnt send it to me... someone forwarded to me when they saw it posted on myspace...

Sorry guys I didnt see it (was is posted it yesterday too?) :o:, the board is blocked at my job so now I miss half of the action in here during the day.

I too think its bullshit by someone very clueless or someone very bored :D
    it wasn't me that posted it :)

It's in a thread here on the Pit from Big Ed- he admitted to making it up
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
    demetrios wrote:
    i don't believe it. as this band has many year's left of power & energy in them. taking some time off, taking care of personal stuff & taking some time to relax .. we all understand. but we very know this band kicks fucking ass. the band can jam, and still got it. ed's a god on the mic. there is no way this passion can stop. '09 won't be the end. not from this band. no way baby!
    Yeah..I agree but Ed said it would be a long long time before hey were back around.
  • Options
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    Yeah..I agree but Ed said it would be a long long time before hey were back around.

Yeah I know now :o:D
  • Options
    Yeah I know now :o:D
    Fuckin sucks.... But "never say never".. Maybe just maybe theyll finish up the album quickly Jill will pop out the baby they ll hang for a little bit and do a tour at the end of next year. Reallly what does"long long" mean anyway Maybe in.Eds eyes 9 months is long.
  • Options
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    Fuckin sucks.... But "never say never".. Maybe just maybe theyll finish up the album quickly Jill will pop out the bay they ll hang for a little bit and do a tour at the end of next year. Reallly what does"long long" mean anyway Maybe in.Eds eyes 9 months is long.

LOL! i meant I know that it was all a bad joke - LOL
    I'm not in a hurry for another tour... my funds were ravaged after the Ed solo tour in the West Coast and the East Coast, so mid to late 2009 tour would be great it gives me time to save more money :D
  • Options
    I'm not in a hurry for another tour...

says you!! :p the boys couldn't have play 10 or so dates out here? i'm going CRAZY for a show!! :o:D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    says you!! :p the boys couldn't have play 10 or so dates out here? i'm going CRAZY for a show!! :o:D

LOL - Well I mean for another tour that might be to tempting for me to resist!

I would really like to go out to California next time around but even if they announced 10 shows there next month I wouldn't be able to go.. :D
    Now I would mind another couple of shows in FL :D
  • Options
    Now I would mind another couple of shows in FL :D
    now you're talking my language :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    now you're talking my language :)
    You should definitly write the fan club what happend with the south. maybe get a peition abc?? going
  • Options
    LOL! i meant I know that it was all a bad joke - LOL
    I'm not in a hurry for another tour... my funds were ravaged after the Ed solo tour in the West Coast and the East Coast, so mid to late 2009 tour would be great it gives me time to save more money :D
    I hear ya, broke isnt the word. I figure 75 amonth savings for the next 12 months should be good for the next tour. COuple shows some posters cheer etcetc.
  • Options
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    You should definitly write the fan club what happend with the south. maybe get a peition abc?? going
    it worked before :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    it worked before :)
    If it happens.. I'm jumping on a plane for it!