Options

PJ Cover Band Idea

jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My pearl jam buddy Talia wants to start a pearl jam cover band, mind you there are already a bunch of others. Each of the existing cover bands is named after a pearl jam album. There's ten, nocode... riot act is probably the best. So we ralized that there is only one studio album left whose name isn't already being used by an active pearl jam cover band. So, by default, our cover band has to be named "Pearl Jam."

I'm not worried about pearl jam and their lawyers, but i think the fans would tear us limb from limb.
Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    call yourselves Mookie Blaylock. I don't think there are any currently functioning bands with that name.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Lol
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    how about Merkinball?
  • Options
    You've still got Binaural, too.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    jeddeth wrote:
    My pearl jam buddy Talia wants to start a pearl jam cover band, mind you there are already a bunch of others. Each of the existing cover bands is named after a pearl jam album. There's ten, nocode... riot act is probably the best. So we ralized that there is only one studio album left whose name isn't already being used by an active pearl jam cover band. So, by default, our cover band has to be named "Pearl Jam."

I'm not worried about pearl jam and their lawyers, but i think the fans would tear us limb from limb.
    call yourself Gremmie out of Control... i hate that song but i think it's a cool and fun name. or The Vitalogists
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    start a new trend......pick one of the songs you all enjoy playing. then when it comes time to play the song, you are also giving your band a plug.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    jeddeth wrote:

What you forgot to mention, is that we're playing all "air" instruments! We gots no real talents! He he he, y'all would pay to see a bunch of silly goons pretend to play pearl jam music, right?

But I will be singing- karaoke style. I'm painting quite the spectacle, I know.