Options

Legal Question- PLEASE HELP!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    the fact that you think it was a really funny joke is proof that you are not responsible or mature enough to have a credit card.

I will respectfully disagree with you on this. Checking a box to see if they will put Dr. on my credit card doesn't say much about anything.
    Its an Amex, which I was approved for at the age of 19 because my credit score was just shy of 800, which shows I am responsible enough to pay my bills, and on time.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    Man I cant believe how harsh you guys are with this...I checked the "Dr." box when filling out my credit card application to see if they would do it, and they did, and it was really funny cause everyone who knows me, knows Im not a doctor. Im 23, look 18, so I get a lot of funny looks when people see that, and some random questions.
    When they say what kind of doctor are you- I always reply with "I have a doctorate in Russian civil war literature" and no one knows if that even exists, so they dont question it.
    You all made me feel really bad about myself...none of you think it would be fun to have a title on your card for something obviously not true? No harm putting Father on there!!
    Well thanks for the feedback.

see thats funny. if its illegal you should probably change it so you dont get fined or whatever. but its a joke no big deal. ive been a fan of andy kaufman and the whole joke is on the audience thing has always been my style. i sometimes give people a girls name when meeting and im not a girl. i also dont laugh so they are left wondering if thats my real name. later when they arent around i laugh. there is this one person that actually thinks my last name is hitler, jokes on them. you should start going with martian biology or something, i bet people would fall for that too.

people need to just lighten up i think. if you wanna call yourself doctor go for it. as long as you arent actually giving people pills and medical advise.
  • Options
    Hell, I've had my Car & Driver subscription coming addressed to "Dr. Motown322" (not my real name) since I was 12. I thought it was funny. I have noticed that I get "professional rate" offers for all kinds of other mags for dirt cheap (Newsweek for $12/year, etc.) 'cause they think I have a waiting room.

Not sure I'd have it on a CC, though... that's just me.
  • Options
    see thats funny. if its illegal you should probably change it so you dont get fined or whatever. but its a joke no big deal. ive been a fan of andy kaufman and the whole joke is on the audience thing has always been my style. i sometimes give people a girls name when meeting and im not a girl. i also dont laugh so they are left wondering if thats my real name. later when they arent around i laugh. there is this one person that actually thinks my last name is hitler, jokes on them. you should start going with martian biology or something, i bet people would fall for that too.

people need to just lighten up i think. if you wanna call yourself doctor go for it. as long as you arent actually giving people pills and medical advise.

Thank you for understanding!!
    Im not hurting anyone, Im not misleading people to get any sort of advantage. Its not like someone is having a heart attack at a restaurant and im like "Im a doctor-look at my credit card!"
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
This discussion has been closed.