i fuckin hate limewire

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,131
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
whats another one besides limewire that works well on mac?

limewires sucked for the past 6 months...emule is only windows...theres another one going around that i forget the name of

and no i am not download morpheus

winmx was the shit back in the day
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the times they are a changin........itunes is the way to go my friend.
    "It's all happening"
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i stopped using LW/filesharing programs after i found an awesome messege board. itunes is good unless u're broke like me. plus itunes uses AIFF not MP3 format.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    torrents
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    LongRd. wrote:
    i stopped using LW/filesharing programs after i found an awesome messege board. itunes is good unless u're broke like me. plus itunes uses AIFF not MP3 format.
    What? They use AAC (MP4), a compressed format only slightly better than mp3.. When did they start using AIFF? AIFF is much bigger files found on CD albums.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    jlew24asu wrote:
    torrents
    Exactly! Go with bitcomet..
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    What? They use AAC (MP4), a compressed format only slightly better than mp3.. When did they start using AIFF? AIFF is much bigger files found on CD albums.
    oh shit my bad. i meant mp4, wasnt sure if it was AAC or AIFF.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    sucked how? it works ok for me. though a guy at the apple store said that thing is like death for macs.
  • sucked how? it works ok for me. though a guy at the apple store said that thing is like death for macs.

Why am I learning all this NOW?
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    you can either use Frostwire or go with torrents, which is my preferred method of download. i recommend torrents over FW or Limewire.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • the times they are a changin........itunes is the way to go my friend.

I second this. Too much spyware crap out there. I was a file sharing whore, but too much crap comes through, I had to wipe out my hard drive. Besides, iTunes is great quality.

That said, torrents are where its at for most stuff.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Stop using a mac and get e.mule.
    I've never understood why people like macs. They look and feel hideous.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I second this. Too much spyware crap out there. I was a file sharing whore, but too much crap comes through, I had to wipe out my hard drive. Besides, iTunes is great quality.

That said, torrents are where its at for most stuff.
    You don't get any spyware, or any other crap, using e.mule. I've been using it for about 5 years and have never had an iota of crap from it.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Stop using a mac and get e.mule.
    I've never understood why people like macs. They look and feel hideous.

look and feel hideous how? i like them becos they're simple and i don't have to load a bunch of bullshit on it to get what i want. plus they're consistent. pc's fall apart in no time. one thing goes wrong and your computer is never the same. with a mac, you shut it off, and it's back to normal when you turn it on.
  • sicnevolsicnevol Posts: 180
    whats another one besides limewire that works well on mac?

limewires sucked for the past 6 months...emule is only windows...theres another one going around that i forget the name of

yeah, I hate stealing stuff too.
    That's two things we've got, Tape and Time.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    the times they are a changin........itunes is the way to go my friend.

personally i would go with torrents first and then emusic.com

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • whats another one besides limewire that works well on mac?

I used WinMix for a while for like a year before I startedto use LimeWire. WinMix is were I found all the good PJ stuff. I have tried all the others and they suck.
    I'll be back
  • LongRd. wrote:
    itunes is good unless u're broke like me. plus itunes uses AIFF not MP3 format.

Heaven forbid you have to actually pay for something that doesn't belong to you......it hasn't been that long people since all this downloading started, and we were buying CD's. Anyway, you can convert any song on Itunes to many different formats....they have great software.
    "It's all happening"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :corn: