First trip to Seattle

Lukin2Not4YouLukin2Not4You Posts: 94
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
So im taking trips around the US to some major cities to find out where exactly im going to move and set up shop. I gather there are a bunch of seattlites on the board. So im looking for things to do other than the normal tourist stops, although i plan on hitting up pikes for most of my food. Ill be staying at the hotel monaco (1101 4th Ave.). So im looking to see seattle as a local, and dont forget the nightlife! thanks in advance jammers!

edit: ill be there dec. 5th-9th
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    So im taking trips around the US to some major cities to find out where exactly im going to move and set up shop. I gather there are a bunch of seattlites on the board. So im looking for things to do other than the normal tourist stops, although i plan on hitting up pikes for most of my food. Ill be staying at the hotel monaco (1101 4th Ave.). So im looking to see seattle as a local, and dont forget the nightlife! thanks in advance jammers!

edit: ill be there dec. 5th-9th

Freemont for sure....there is a Sonic Boom record store there that has some pretty neat stuff...Easy Street in West Seattle (surprizingly easy to get to from Downtown) and the Easy Street on Mercer by Seattle Centre. Seattle Centre...the monorail is kind of neat, but its $4 each for a return trip to downtown - but then downtown is pretty damn cool...

I'm not from Seattle, but have been there four times this past year (and just a month ago)...and I'm sorta thinking of maybe moving there for six months or so...maybe 3...I'd way rather live there than in Vancouver any day...(and I lived in Vancouver for 10 years)...
    be philanthropic
  • oh yeah easy street and showbox are on the agenda for sure.
  • burp
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I'll come up with a list......after work.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i would avoid the underground tour if you want to save time and money for others things.

total waste of time...read about it in a book.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Check out Optimus Rhyme

You might see Wheelie wearing a black ski mask screaming down I5 in the car pool lane.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    i would avoid the underground tour if you want to save time and money for others things.

total waste of time...read about it in a book.

yeah i have a book called "sons of the profits", all about early seattle. reading up on some history.
  • have fun!!! Well i'm sure you will. soo cool youre doing this. I should head there soon too.
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    have fun!!! Well i'm sure you will. soo cool youre doing this. I should head there soon too.

You should! It's good times here!
  • sennin wrote:
    You should! It's good times here!
    I will!!!

I love good times!!!http://sankofastore.com/catalog/images/goodtimes5.jpg
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    yeah i have a book called "sons of the profits", all about early seattle. reading up on some history.

ah yes, i believe our guide kept trying to get everyone to buy this book.

maybe i should have, i've been wanting to read it.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    PM BBH...he'll hook you up
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015