Options

My sweet Eleanore Pearl passed this morning

mindimindi Posts: 1,858
edited January 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Some of you may know about my twin girls. They had TTTS twin to twin transfusion syndrome while I was pregnant with them. Eleanore was the donor twin(she gave all the nutrients to Clara my recipient baby). Eleanore had severe medical issues. One was that she couldn't swallow her own secretions. Last night we(me,Ken my husband and Eleanore) stayed up late watching Rush in Rio and didn't get to bed until after 2. Around 4:30 I got up and noticed she wasn't breathing, she slept in our room. Woke up Ken who tried to revive her and we called 911.
They are like 2 blocks away so they were here right away. They came in scooped her up and Ken went with them to the hospital. He called me a bit later and they had pronounced her dead at 5:13 am.
I am just in shock. We knew she had medical issues but were not prepared for this yet.
We had just moved the Saturday before Christmas and have been without internet since then. Ken called and told them hey our baby just died and we have people we can only contact thru email so you better get it working asap, so it is up now.
She was just 3.I hope when Clara is older and understands she doesn't feel guilt about it.
If anyone needs me for anything I won't be online much. You can always email me mindi_d@sbcglobal but after not having internet for so long my email is backed up.
To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I do not have children, so I feel I couldn't possibly understand what you are feeling now.

I wish you and your family well.
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    God bless you and your family Mindi. I'm sure everyone here who hears this will be thinking about you.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    My god. That is so tragic and sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this extremely difficult time. I have a son and don't know what I would do if I ever lost him. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Hugs and prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family. I'm very sorry.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Mindi, I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I'm sure the grief will never go away, but the pain lessens - so they say. I'm sure you have some great and wonderful memories.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Mindi, I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So very sorry to hear. :( Best thoughts, wishes and hugs your way.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,934
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ((((((hugs)))))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i'm so sorry mindi....my thoughts are with you and your family
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I am so sorry for your loss. That is just terribly sad. My thoughts are with you :(
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    I hope you and your family are getting all the help and support you need during this terrible time. Take care Mindi.
  • Options
    This is such sad news :(

I can't even begin to imagine how you feel... My thoughts are with you and your family.

*hug*
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,304
    Wow.
    So sorry.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Mindy, I am so sorry for your loss:( I just read about. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,877
    prayers/blessings/thoughts/good vibes.....I send them all to you and your family.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,588
    I'm at a loss for words. I am very, very sorry for you and your family. Try to stay strong. You'll be in my thoughts!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Was going to post yesterday, but needed to think about what to say....then I realized, what can one say? You have my DEEPEST sympathy...it's a shame that life has to be so shitty...I am very very sorry for your loss...take care and feel what you feel...no emotions are wrong at this moment in your life...you're in my thoughts....
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    So very sad.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I'm so sorry for this Mindi. May you and your family find peace and comfort during this time of loss.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    imalive wrote:
    I'm at a loss for words. I am very, very sorry for you and your family. Try to stay strong. You'll be in my thoughts!
    x2.
    Very sorry to hear this news.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter. I remember when you first wrote about your twins. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Very sorry for your loss. :( RIP to your little baby.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Sorry to read that. I wish you and your family peace and comfort at this time.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Oh wow.. I am so sorry to hear this.. I hope you are feeling a little better and your heart will heal soon.
    I am, myself... like you somehow.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I'm very sorry for your loss :(. You have my deepest condolences.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    How did I miss this? I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Oh, Mindi. I am so, so very sorry for your loss.

My family and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Sorry to hear your loss :(
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    I am truly sorry for your devastating loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Someday, somehow, someway - I pray you will find a spirit of peace. Bless you all.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    my prayers are with you and your family
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w