When's the last time...

saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
...you didn't drink over an entire week, including the weekend AND you were perfectly healthy?

I'm doing this this week. It's going to be strange to wake up on a Saturday with no hangover. I think I'm going to enjoy it, oddly enough. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i think i was 15.....;) :p:D
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Jeebus, I have no idea. What year is this again?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    impossible feat.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Holy crap, I don't remember.
    Been a long time. :D

I do like having a glass of wine or two after dinner...or a couple beers, whichever I have on hand.
  • meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,577
    It's been about a year or so for me. I usually have 1-2 glasses of wine or beer every couple days. This being Friday night, I am going to dinner, where I will be drinking.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i dont drink so its quite often for me lol
  • saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173
    impossible feat.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Now wanting to do it, is a different story.

So, in order to make it easy on the rest of you. I will do this, this weekend. For the good of mankind and in the name of science, obviously.

That way, no other man will have to dare do such a thing.... ever.... again.

Thank me later. I have to complete the weekend first and temptation is lurking around the corner. ;)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    cutback wrote:
    i think i was 15.....

:D

hahahahahaha....seriously made me laugh!

in all honesty, there have been weeks in the past that i did not drink. i was not a big drinker for most of my life. i'd say within the last 5 or so years though, can't remember a week going by without at least ONE drink, but lets face it, many more. :p if it's just me and hubby, perhaps 1-2 bottles of wine on a saturday out. maybe a bottle or 2 during the week if we're really in the mood for wine.....or a few mixed drinks over dinner out on the weekend instead. for the summer kinda got in the 'habit' of mimosas in the garden all sunday long, so that's a bottle of champagne, or 2 if we're really indulgent. :p

so far this week, 2 bottles of wine. i have a beautiful 5 day weekend ahead of me, 4 concerts, huge firm party...so i see a LOT of alcohol in my future this coming week. :D without shows and celebrations happening, a lot more mellow, but yea...still drinking. it tastes great, feels great, why not? :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    saveuplife wrote:
    ...you didn't drink over an entire week, including the weekend AND you were perfectly healthy?

I'm doing this this week. It's going to be strange to wake up on a Saturday with no hangover. I think I'm going to enjoy it, oddly enough. :)

errr this week
    :D

hahahahahaha....seriously made me laugh!

in all honesty, there have been weeks in the past that i did not drink. i was not a big drinker for most of my life. i'd say within the last 5 or so years though, can't remember a week going by without at least ONE drink, but lets face it, many more. :p if it's just me and hubby, perhaps 1-2 bottles of wine on a saturday out. maybe a bottle or 2 during the week if we're really in the mood for wine.....or a few mixed drinks over dinner out on the weekend instead. for the summer kinda got in the 'habit' of mimosas in the garden all sunday long, so that's a bottle of champagne, or 2 if we're really indulgent. :p

so far this week, 2 bottles of wine. i have a beautiful 5 day weekend ahead of me, 4 concerts, huge firm party...so i see a LOT of alcohol in my future this coming week. :D without shows and celebrations happening, a lot more mellow, but yea...still drinking. it tastes great, feels great, why not? :p

Oh, I am by no means saying don't drink. I'd be right there with you boozin it up at those concerts on any normal weekend.

I just wanted to take a week off, and see how I felt to make sure I'm ok with doing something like that. That's all. Wanted to see if anyone else has too.

The odd part is that I feel awesome this week. Drinking must really depress me or something. But, I love it anywho.
    CityMouse wrote:
    errr this week

You should grab a margarita or something. There's just no need for this, unless you are doing it in the name of science. Like I am.
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    saveuplife wrote:
    You should grab a margarita or something. There's just no need for this, unless you are doing it in the name of science. Like I am.

"I dont believe in God, I believe in Science"

Nacho: I'm not listening to you! You only believe in Science. That's probably why we never win!
    Esqueleto: We never win because you are fat!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    saveuplife wrote:

The odd part is that I feel awesome this week. Drinking must really depress me or something. But, I love it anywho.

The key is moderation.
    I have my glass or two of wine/beer almost every night. Any more than that I feel a bit "foggy" the next day. Lots more than that I feel like death. hahahaha
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i used to drink more often, but now i go weeks without a drop.

what ends up happening is i make up for it with a weekend....like this upcoming one for example :p:D i got lots of weeks saved up bitches muahaha

(actually i did have a couple drinks last friday, but before then at least a couple sober weeks lol)
  • tylerpjtxtylerpjtx Posts: 201
    saveuplife wrote:

you're gonna feel awesome! its surprising how good you feel after taking off from drinking. everything works better!
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    one a day....ok, maybe two.

:p

I rarely drink to get drunk anymore. It's more of a pleasure thing now. :D

Maybe soon I'll try to be a weekend drinker, and take the weeks off. :p
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    saveuplife wrote:
    Oh, I am by no means saying don't drink. I'd be right there with you boozin it up at those concerts on any normal weekend.

I just wanted to take a week off, and see how I felt to make sure I'm ok with doing something like that. That's all. Wanted to see if anyone else has too.

oh i understood that, no worries! :)

i do want to cut back, perhaps completely eliminate the weeknight drinking, save some cash that way. sure, it's drinks at home, but those bottles of wine do add up! save my drinking for weekends. not this week tho! ;) after the 10th, gonna give it a go...our collective wallet could use a break on all fronts. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    last weekend. i hardly ever drink because when i do i binge and i hate hangovers.
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    I used to drink pretty frequently...but now it's pretty rare for me. I looooove wine...will have it if I go out to dinner...but lately I just get so tired when I drink. Alcohol and sleep deprivation do not mix! It's probably been about 3 weeks since I've had anything.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • saveuplife wrote:

Well not this week cause I bought a bottle of jager today. lol
    Well, I made it to Saturday night. Then I folded to the pressure, and drank two glasses of wine.

I'm sorry. I failed. :(
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    im on day 31 of a 60 day no drinking thing and life is great. TRY IT. thats all i will say on the matter.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • i dont drink alcohol so.....like every weekend.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    today is day eight, no booze.......longest stretch in thirty-one years.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sometime in the fall of 2008 I went a month and a half without a single drink. That would be the last time.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Last sunday was my last time and I only had a couple of beers. Probably won't drink until this coming sunday during the 49ers game.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Do what now?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Do what now?

:lol:

Capt. Morgan and I had a talk back in November and we hardly see each other anymore. I know we both miss each other dearly, and we'll go running back into each others arms one day soon.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)