The Hour

small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I just love George Stroumboulopoulos, he does such a great show. Funny and articulate with just a dash of bad boy mixed in there and wrapped up nicely in a good looking package :D:D I know there was on old thread about him and the show but I couldn't find it :confused: so...

Tonight he had a the son of Jim Jones, pretty interesting really. Coming up next the career of a dominatrix... I may finally find my calling :p;)

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/

I edited to add the link in case anyone wants to check him out :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    George Strombo=amazing

He makes the news interesting and keeps in real, and I love him.
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Yep :D

So these dominatrixes?? $300 bucks an hour ?? Sign me up!! :D:D I could do all that stuff.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    that thing on the guy who manpowered around the world was sweet!
    yeah george is cool, even tho he hates my nucks and is a terrible actor (haha, his pre-show skit things make me laugh), so much better that he left much music!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Yep :D

So these dominatrixes?? $300 bucks an hour ?? Sign me up!! :D:D I could do all that stuff.

Reckon I could too st beck. :)

Be a pretty cool job as far as I can see, get all your frustrations out, and get paid good money!!! A win win as far as I can see. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Reckon I could too st beck. :)

Be a pretty cool job as far as I can see, get all your frustrations out, and get paid good money!!! A win win as far as I can see. :D

I think so. Perhaps this is why it is taken me SO long to sort myself out with a career that I have just been waiting to do this :p

St beck? Makes me sound ... all saintly :D:D

DTE, he is SO much better since he left MM although I haven't watched it in years. It really went down hill :( Good job your Canucks did tonight. Thank goodness.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I think so. Perhaps this is why it is taken me SO long to sort myself out with a career that I have just been waiting to do this :p

hehe!! LMAO!!! :D FINALLY we have found our calling!!!! ;):D

St beck? Makes me sound ... all saintly :D:D

You're an angel honey. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I just love George Stroumboulopoulos,

is that his real name? he sounds like a volcano
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    is that his real name? he sounds like a volcano

That is his real name.. a volcano? Makes me think of that Liz Phair song :p;)

Jeanie, an angel? Why thank you but that may not fly in my new career choice :p
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Love Strombo!! :D

Whenever I go by Journo on the King streetcar, I peek in to see if he'll magically be there shooting a Newsstand piece.... :o

AND he plays the piano... *drool*
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Love Strombo!! :D

Whenever I go by Journo on the King streetcar, I peek in to see if he'll magically be there shooting a Newsstand piece.... :o

AND he plays the piano... *drool*

I was thinking of you when I started this post and our previous convo over who he did belong to :p
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    LOL! here's a little link for ya, STB!

sexy! ;)

http://teamakers.blogspot.com/2006/11/strombos-underwear.html
  • LOL! here's a little link for ya, STB!

sexy! ;)

http://teamakers.blogspot.com/2006/11/strombos-underwear.html

Thank you!!! That was quite lovely. Now if he would just take off those pesky pants and let us just SEE the boxers.. :p;)
  • so, yesterday i tried to add Strombo as a friend on Facebook, and I received this error:

"George Stromboulopoulos already has too many friends."

wow... i guess he really IS "everyone's boyfriend"... :rolleyes: :D
  • so, yesterday i tried to add Strombo as a friend on Facebook, and I received this error:

"George Stromboulopoulos already has too many friends."

wow... i guess he really IS "everyone's boyfriend"... :rolleyes: :D

I never even THOUGHT to look for him on Facebook.. well no point now :( :p

I know everyone thinks he is their boyfriend.. but he really is MINE :D
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I like the show, but George seems fake. A lot of his show are just stupid jokes wrapped in his personal opinion. It's almost like he wants to be a cross between a serious interview program like The Agenda and a funny late night program like Conan O'Brien, but he does a horrible job at it.

I watch the show, but quite often The Agenda is on TVO at the same time, so I watch that instead.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    #FHP