Options

I Hate My Job!!!

worlieworlie Posts: 64
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I need to vent to someone because my job is bringing me down. I work non stop for very little pay, and we just got an incentive bonus taken away. My corporate drags their feet in giving raises (I havent had one in over a year) and we recently downsized, leaving me in very close proximity with a coworker who has a roaring personality disorder. She looks like Velma from Scooby Doo. I always have to resist the desire to say "jenkies" to her.

Anyone else currently in hate with their job....
i knelt and emptied the mouth of every PUG around...

7/5/98 dallas, 10/14/00 houston, 10/15/00 houston, 10/17/00 dallas, 4/5/03 san antonio, 4/6/03 houston, 6/9/03 dallas, 10/8/04 kissimmee
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't say I hate my job but I really dislike the downtime I face everyday. However, I'm in this position because of the choices, poor or wise, that I've made to get me here. I really only have myself to blame for any discontent. Could be worse. A few episodes of Dirty Jobs can get me right back on the happy train.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    worlie wrote:
    I need to vent to someone because my job is bringing me down. I work non stop for very little pay, and we just got an incentive bonus taken away. My corporate drags their feet in giving raises (I havent had one in over a year) and we recently downsized, leaving me in very close proximity with a coworker who has a roaring personality disorder. She looks like Velma from Scooby Doo. I always have to resist the desire to say "jenkies" to her.

This thread should have about 200 pages in a week.

And that's a yes, I hate my job.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Whenever I think about hating my job, I always think about that 1 person who is trying to get my job and it makes me work harder .
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    worlie wrote:

Sorry to hear about your job, but you have to throw in a jenkies here and there just to preserve your sanity! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    yes

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    There are things I do like, and I try to dwell on those. I guess it is mostly because I feel trapped. My husband started his own business last year and my paycheck pays the bills. There is no room for advancement, pay is shit, but I do have a flexible boss and good vacation package. I really hate to move on and cause more personal turmoil.
    This mostly stems from a really bad morning meeting where I had to spend additional time in the extremely annoying presence of my nutjob coworker. ( I only have one). There is no one to complain to, because we only have myself and her, and boss comes in about once a week for an hour.
    I have indigestion today, this meeting was so annoying.
    Feel free to provide ideas to passive aggressively assuage my anger...

7/5/98 dallas, 10/14/00 houston, 10/15/00 houston, 10/17/00 dallas, 4/5/03 san antonio, 4/6/03 houston, 6/9/03 dallas, 10/8/04 kissimmee
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    worlie wrote:

I hate my job but I know there are even worse jobs out there....like being the mop up guy in a spank tank.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Danimal wrote:
    I hate my job but I know there are even worse jobs out there....like being the mop up guy in a spank tank.

Or being the guy who is "Guinea Pig" on that Discovery channel show.
  • Options
    Whenever I think about hating my job, I always think about that 1 person who is trying to get my job and it makes me work harder .
    I wish I could think like this because my employers have been secretly trying to replace me for years but they can't find anyone that can do the quality of work I do. I get away with murder at work and they tollerate me with clinched teeth.
    the Minions
  • Options
    I guess I am not a prison guard.
    Although sometimes I feel like it.
    I do temporary staffing and the job pool is really shallow right now.

• Options
    I wish I could think like this because my employers have been secretly trying to replace me for years but they can't find anyone that can do the quality of work I do. I get away with murder at work and they tollerate me with clinched teeth.

Debra? Is that you? I thought you didnt like Pearl Jam? You tell me that frequently? Oh!! I get it!! This is one more thing you can report me for!!!

You NUTBAG!!!

haha

• Options
    worlie wrote:
    There are things I do like, and I try to dwell on those. I guess it is mostly because I feel trapped. My husband started his own business last year and my paycheck pays the bills. There is no room for advancement, pay is shit, but I do have a flexible boss and good vacation package. I really hate to move on and cause more personal turmoil.
    This mostly stems from a really bad morning meeting where I had to spend additional time in the extremely annoying presence of my nutjob coworker. ( I only have one). There is no one to complain to, because we only have myself and her, and boss comes in about once a week for an hour.
    I have indigestion today, this meeting was so annoying.
    Feel free to provide ideas to passive aggressively assuage my anger...

I bought some latex gloves and cut the fingers off and rolled them up like condoms(10 very miniature condoms) then in front of everyone handed them to him and told him his special order condoms came in.

I also draw little frowny faces on all the notes my boss sticks on the time clock. He's a note writer and hasn't the stones to confront any employee face to face, so I find myself changing the messages up to subvert him.
    the Minions
  • Options
    also, when you are in a meeting, speak as though you are not a member of the team.
    I approach meetings as a casual observer, even though I know I'm going to be making the most decisions, I never say "I think WE should do this..." I will say "you guys should do this..."

On several occasions my boss has commented "you're part of this , right?...this is a team..."
    I usually say..."well, it's your business and your money"

This gets under his skin...
    the Minions
  • Options
    also, when you are in a meeting, speak as though you are not a member of the team.
    I approach meetings as a casual observer, even though I know I'm going to be making the most decisions, I never say "I think WE should do this..." I will say "you guys should do this..."

On several occasions my boss has commented "you're part of this , right?...this is a team..."
    I usually say..."well, it's your business and your money"

This gets under his skin...
    hahahahahaha, good ideas, good ideas! (I'm taking notes)
  • Options
    This is probably the most common thread on here ever. About every few weeks in comes a "I hate my job thread". Heck even I started one a while back. I think that's one thing that a lot of people have in common-hating their job.

It's the weekend though so in a few hours you'll be able to drink your sorrows away-at least for 2 days.
  • Options
    Sorry, I am not in AET very much. hate to dredge up common topics.

Venting has made me feel better. Also, looking at the classifieds.

Feel free to continue to give me ideas on techniques to stop me from going postal.

Parrot Bay, take me away.

• Options
    This is probably the most common thread on here ever. About every few weeks in comes a "I hate my job thread". Heck even I started one a while back. I think that's one thing that a lot of people have in common-hating their job.

It's the weekend though so in a few hours you'll be able to drink your sorrows away-at least for 2 days.
    The only problem with the weekend is that as soon you get off work Friday afternoon/evening it is suddenly Monday morning.
    And each Monday morning is worse than the Monday morning before that, and so on :p
  • Options
    Yes it can turn into a downward spiral sometimes.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    The only problem with the weekend is that as soon you get off work Friday afternoon/evening it is suddenly Monday morning.
    And each Monday morning is worse than the Monday morning before that, and so on :p

Monday is the most common sick day
    the Minions