Anyone smoked Salvia?

pearljamfan99pearljamfan99 Posts: 61
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Just curious on experiences and what you guys thought?
Ignore your rights and they'll go away!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun." Benjamin Franklin

www.AllAmericanBiofuels.com
Biodiesel: No War Required!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Just curious on experiences and what you guys thought?

Here is a thread from last month that talked about it!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=260965&highlight=salvia
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Just curious on experiences and what you guys thought?

I don't know if this means you tried it or are thinking of trying it. but if you haven't done it, here's some tips that I could have used my first time trying it:

1) Be sitting!!!! I can't stress this enough. If you really want to stand, have buddies near by who could catch you.....cause you're probably going down.

2) It's not pot....so don't take a huge hit the first time (like I did) and hold it in forever. just take a normal hit, hold it in for a little, and blow it out. You won't be prepared for what overdoing it the first time will be like. I sure as hell wasn't.

3) Definitely don't be in the presence of anybody but close friends in a house or something. You may cause a bit of a scene. NEVER DO IT DRIVING!!

My only way of describing a true saliva trip is to say that it's could be (not always is, depending on dosage of course), but it COULD be like the hardest LSD trip you could have.....but for only 5 minutes. Be prepared. it hits you fast (unlike shrooms or acid which take some time to kick in) and you can't control it once it's begun. but again, it only lasts like 5 minutes with lingering feelings of weirdness for maybe the next 20 minutes.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Tip #1

Don't do it.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Youtube search "60x salvia"

"Out of your head gonzo" seems to best describe it.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Don't be an idiot. Drugs mess up your life. I've seen kids in my school who have commited suicide or gotten really screwed up because of drugs like these. DON'T USE DRUGS!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Just watched that youtube vid. I'll stick to the ganja.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Don't be an idiot. Drugs mess up your life. I've seen kids in my school who have commited suicide or gotten really screwed up because of drugs like these. DON'T USE DRUGS!

i almost believed that urban legend too.
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    i almost believed that urban legend too.

it's the same ol' urban legend that tell kids that they will become hopelessly addicted and die from an overdose if they ever smoke pot

i've been smoking it for 32 years...and gosh dammit i'm still waiting to become addicted to it and O.D. and die from smoking it ;)

as for salvia....no thanks. my kid told me he tried it when he was 18 and he said that the trip was just too intense, and he ended up with a massive headache an hour after coming down.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • I'm a nursery worker....

we grow salvia in our greenhouses.

It's also called Russian Sage which is a perennial usually purple flower. There is also an annual Salvia usually a red flower.

Is there a difference in which one works?
    the Minions
  • I wouldn't do it.
  • I'm a nursery worker....

we grow salvia in our greenhouses.

It's also called Russian Sage which is a perennial usually purple flower. There is also an annual Salvia usually a red flower.

Is there a difference in which one works?

I looked it up so nevermind. Apparently the hallucinogenic Salvia is not your garden center varieties...so don't come around my store looking for me to hook you up with some salvia:D
    the Minions
  • eoboeobo Posts: 102
    I always find it hard to blieve that this stuff is legal. I remember getting a vial before and not being prepared at all for the freak-out session that it brought on. Was kinda scary.
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    prism wrote:
    it's the same ol' urban legend that tell kids that they will become hopelessly addicted and die from an overdose if they ever smoke pot

i've been smoking it for 32 years...and gosh dammit i'm still waiting to become addicted to it and O.D. and die from smoking it ;)

as for salvia....no thanks. my kid told me he tried it when he was 18 and he said that the trip was just too intense, and he ended up with a massive headache an hour after coming down.

yeah, i bet he's got another friend who did lsd and is now locked in a mental hospital becos he thought he was an orange and tried to peel himself. :rolleyes:

i never tried salvia. they sell it all around here. i'd have loved to do it though. shame i never came across it back in the day. i've gone straight since then so ill just have to always wonder. but i used to LOVE the psychedelics, so this would been right up my alley :) my friends used to marvel at how well i always handled lsd. they said they never saw anyone who looked as happy as me on a trip... never a bad one!
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    Don't take too much on the first hit and make sure you have a good unhigh friend willing to watch you, follow you and take care of you (if needed) for the next 5 minutes.
    If you have the opportunity film it and laugh at how ridiculous you were, good times.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Don't be an idiot. Drugs mess up your life. I've seen kids in my school who have commited suicide or gotten really screwed up because of drugs like these. DON'T USE DRUGS!

we live on this earth for maximum of 100 years, and then we die. if you want to try out a drug go ahead, cause one day you're going to die anyway.
    main thing to remember is that drugs aren't everything in life and to take them sensibly.

going completely without is missing out on experience.

recently i told my dad that i have smoked few joints here and there, and he already started saying that i'm going to get addicted. but it's not true....

i actually like the feeling of not getting any joints....or be it sex and alcohol. i don't mind frustrating myself like this, cause i know when i do get joint/sex/alcohol i will appreciate it and enjoy it more.
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    yeah, i bet he's got another friend who did lsd and is now locked in a mental hospital becos he thought he was an orange and tried to peel himself. :rolleyes:

i never tried salvia. they sell it all around here. i'd have loved to do it though. shame i never came across it back in the day. i've gone straight since then so ill just have to always wonder. but i used to LOVE the psychedelics, so this would been right up my alley :) my friends used to marvel at how well i always handled lsd. they said they never saw anyone who looked as happy as me on a trip... never a bad one!

I'll pass on the salvia but I loved psychedelics back in the day too. i did my share of LSD and never once had a bad trip either.

however my absolute favorite psychedelic drug was MDA, X's much, much trippier relative. that stuff would make ya trip for anywhere from 8 to 12 hours. those were some lovely hallucinations while all hopped up :) it's too bad that I'm too old and decrepit to be doing any tripping or any drugs like that anymore...it made for some good times. the extent of my fun these days is limited to the once in a blue-moon bong hit.

I gotta say that getting snowed by a blizzard in the parent's (while they were in FL) house for 6 days with my bf and a big pile of MDA never got one wee bit boring. plus since our daughter was conceived that week I'll always have to wonder if it could have something to do with her personality...haha ;)

from wikipedia: MDA is very similar to MDMA but it is often described as less euphoric than its cousin. However, it can cause immense euphoria as well, but in a way described to be different. MDA is universally said to have much more psychedelic activity than MDMA.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    prism wrote:
    i've been smoking it for 32 years...and gosh dammit i'm still waiting to become addicted to it

Lol.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Youtube search "60x salvia"

"Out of your head gonzo" seems to best describe it.

wow, those kids are a bunch of winners
  • It's not a fuckin drug like some of you are saying, its legal herb that might be outlawed it 34 states by January '08....you can buy it online

Like someone else said, don't hit it and try to "ghost" it like you can with weed, you will have a bad trip. One good hit should be good, it only lasts 5-15minutes but its the longest 5-15 minutes of your life. Make sure you have a babysitter (someone sober) to watch you
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I tried it about 6-8 times and never had any luck. Was very dissapointed, I read up on it beforehand and was prepared. I did get a slight effect but nothing like I expected or have heard. I kept trying it because I read it had a reverse tollerance, but nothing more has happend.
  • When I was young I regularly smoked pot, took LSD trips, occasional coke and heroin, and drank alot of alcohol. 25 years later the only addiction I have is cigarettes. I'm happy for the experiences and I actually believe they made me a more "solid" person. I opened my mind whilst I maintained my senses and the drugs made a difference.

To each his own, but sometimes life requires a "view" from reality bending substances. Just have some sense when experimenting and make damn sure the stuff is good. There's a lot of bad shit out there. Don't ever go it on your own it's always best to be with some friends.
    the Minions
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153

Ahh children this is your consoler ...... Um Drugs are BAD! :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Sounds Intense
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I don't want to debate the health effects of taking drugs, since they are pretty much all bad in the long run. But consider this, if you never try it, you will never have the urge to do it again. It might seem at first like a compulsion to try a drug, but afterwards, it's a lot different. It's no longer the excitement of trying something new, but the desire to redo something old. Therein lies the problem.

I learned my lesson with some minor drugs, pot and shrooms before ever tasting alcohol. I found that alcohol wasn't really that great, it tastes crappy and the high is too overpowering and the experience unsettling. But instead I fell back on other drugs that I was comfortable with. I never should have become comfortable with them.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Lemme just quote myself here

"IF I TAKE THIS MOTORCYCLE I WILL BE NIGHTRIDER"
    "IF I GRAB THAT YELLOW BUCKET PEARL JAM WILL PLAY IN MY BACKYARD"

Weirdest five minutes of my life, I think my brother has it on video on his phone.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • OrestesOrestes Posts: 217
    I did it
    it was intense... I got fucked up bad!

i had visions i'd never experienced before. they were so intense i coulnd't properly describe them right now. It felt like I had broken my psyche.

I had a friend that told me throughout the freakout that everything was going to be ok and that helped a lot.

It was scary, but what you experience makes you wonder about what the hell reality really is and what is the relationship between our experience of reality and this mysterious world we live in.

be careful, be safe but don't stop being bold, inquisitive and reflexive.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I don't want to debate the health effects of taking drugs, since they are pretty much all bad in the long run. But consider this, if you never try it, you will never have the urge to do it again. It might seem at first like a compulsion to try a drug, but afterwards, it's a lot different. It's no longer the excitement of trying something new, but the desire to redo something old. Therein lies the problem.

I learned my lesson with some minor drugs, pot and shrooms before ever tasting alcohol. I found that alcohol wasn't really that great, it tastes crappy and the high is too overpowering and the experience unsettling. But instead I fell back on other drugs that I was comfortable with. I never should have become comfortable with them.

alcohol tastes crappy???? :confused::D have you tried those women's drinks, the ones that are bayles, malibu and alcopops? they'll be very sweet.
    Martini tastes great too!! Ever tried mixing drinks?

Ale beers are amazing, i'm gradually starting to drink them.

desire to redo something again? you sound like my dad! sure i have the desire to smoke pot. but i also have desire to eat, have sex, and have fun......but right now i wish i had a bit more sleep, and unfortunately i won't get any proper sleep untill saturday....maybe :( All those desires are healthy in moderation.

PLUS i know few people ( especially one in particular) who did lots of drugs and lots of alcohol, so much so that they've lost touch with reality. And do you know what? this person is a straight edge right now, and he didn't touch alcohol or drugs for years now.....and he is surrounded by those things everytime he goes out or with his girlfriend
  • You have to be kidding me