Options

So If Your Not Part Of The Pit ..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
edited May 2008 in The Porch
and your not posting here how would a 10c member have found out about the BEACON SHOW ?? ....just askin
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    and your not posting here how would a 10c member have found out about the BEACON SHOW ?? ....just askin

They would have probably not found out unless they are subscribed to like Google RSS feeds for anything Pearl Jam.... :(
    I was thinking about the same thing yesterday, had someone not posted they had their tickets we would have never found out the tkts went on sale until that RS article... sometimes I don't understand the way announcements are made :S
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640
    I guess thats why it pays to be part of this message board.

There was at least a 2wk heads up that this thing was going down, with the specific ticket on sale date mentioned as well. It was all 'speculation' b/c it wasn't a mod sticky, but anyone seriously interested should have either checked w/Robin Hood themselves, or checked the message board for updated info.

Tickets were available for two full days, Wed & Thur, and may still be available today. Thats way longer then any formally announced show would have taken to sell out, and ample time to 'tell your friends'.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    In all honesty... what beacon show? :(

I usually only post in other bands and AET and just glance over topics here on occasion.

That kind of sucks. I don't know where the beacon is but i hope it is not near me. I doubt it is though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    AFJAMMERAFJAMMER Posts: 51

I don't think you will find the answer here.
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    intodeep wrote:
    In all honesty... what beacon show? :(

I usually only post in other bands and AET and just glance over topics here on occasion.

That kind of sucks. I don't know where the beacon is but i hope it is not near me. I doubt it is though.
    It's in NY so not really close to us Atlantans unless you are already going to be up there for the MSG shows. I got tickets and am so excited but only knew of it through this site.

Are you going to Columbia?
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    If the goal of the event was to encourage people to become new members of Robin Hood then 10c failed by not publicizing the event. If they intended on targeting and fundraising amongst the existing Robin Hood donees, then there may have been no reason to tell us I guess.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    stateesha wrote:
    It's in NY so not really close to us Atlantans unless you are already going to be up there for the MSG shows. I got tickets and am so excited but only knew of it through this site.

Are you going to Columbia?

You know it :)

I am very excited :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    mjb wrote:
    If the goal of the event was to encourage people to become new members of Robin Hood then 10c failed by not publicizing the event. If they intended on targeting and fundraising amongst the existing Robin Hood donees, then there may have been no reason to tell us I guess.

Well many of us did some great fundraising at the Portland Show. If people aren't active on this board we miss alot, such as DC Poster sale and things like this.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    intodeep wrote:
    You know it :)

I am very excited :D
    I'm excited to meet more ATL jammers!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    Im still hereIm still here Posts: 826
    maybe it's because the Beacon Show is only for people with Fat Pockets

not for us poor ass PJ Fans
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08