Options

I have this fear

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
that one day, some little kid will knock on my front door, and say, not "Hello, Dad", but, "Hello, Granddad!" After all, those teenage days seem so hazy and faraway now, and one never knows what might have happened. :D

Anybody else got similar fears about their past - imagined as much as real - coming back to haunt 'em? ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The g/f I had before I met my wife supposedly had a miscarriage shortly before she confessed to me that she had been sleeping with a guy she worked with. She chose me over him and blah blah blah and that was it for the relationship. A few years ago I wound up delivering to her house. We started talking about life after our relationship and she mentioned that she had two kids. It was a quick conversation and I never got any real details but it has been bothering me recently. I would not put it past this woman to have never actually had the miscarriage, carried the pregnancy to term and never told the father, whether it were the other guy or myself.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    The g/f I had before I met my wife supposedly had a miscarriage shortly before she confessed to me that she had been sleeping with a guy she worked with. She chose me over him and blah blah blah and that was it for the relationship. A few years ago I wound up delivering to her house. We started talking about life after our relationship and she mentioned that she had two kids. It was a quick conversation and I never got any real details but it has been bothering me recently. I would not put it past this woman to have never actually had the miscarriage, carried the pregnancy to term and never told the father, whether it were the other guy or myself.

:eek:

oh crap. that is horrible!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Thank GAWD for you, Fins!

Nope, never had those thoughts, but this was the best laugh I had all day. Good job!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I think only men have to worry about unknown off-spring showing up at the door. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    justam wrote:
    I think only men have to worry about unknown off-spring showing up at the door. :)

yeah just how would that work for a woman? "oh wow, I totally forgot about all of those changes my body went through those 9 months that i was pregnant with you, feeling you kicking and squirmming around in there, and then the agonizing pain of giving birth to you! so, where have you been all of this time? did the gypsies that i sold you to take good care of you?" ;):D:)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    I don't fear exactly what Fins is speaking of.
    However, my past is quite fuzzy/hazy.
    And it comes up & hauntes me quite a bit.
    Maybe it doesn't scare me but it is pritty screwed up.
    Try filling out a job application or some very important paperwork
    and not knowing what date, month, what year.
    Or

When I was younger, teenage years till around age 30 all
    I did or wanted to do was party.
    Many a year run together.
    Which causes me to loose times, dates, months, years.
    I have no idea about certain events that my friends
    tell me I attended or whatever.
    When I am told a story about my past many times I do not remember it.
    Part of a story, yeah perhaps.

I guess I am wondering about Alzheimer's disease
    knocking on my front door one-day.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Thank GAWD for you, Fins!

Nope, never had those thoughts, but this was the best laugh I had all day. Good job!

I agree! Thank God for Fins!

And no, I never worry about someone knocking at my door and calling me Grandad but then, I'm only 27. ;)

Anyway... You're not much older? You must have started early! YOU DIRTY BOY! :D
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    After all, those teenage days seem so hazy and faraway now, and one never knows what might have happened. :D

Don't be jealous just because they're getting more tail than you. :p
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    :eek:

oh crap. that is horrible!
    She was not a very nice humanoid back then.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I agree! Thank God for Fins!

And no, I never worry about someone knocking at my door and calling me Grandad but then, I'm only 27. ;)

Anyway... You're not much older? You must have started early! YOU DIRTY BOY! :D

35. That amounts to a lot of vinegar strokes. :D
  • Options
    35. That amounts to a lot of vinegar strokes. :D

Eeeew