Options

Who ran into some complete tosser from bygone days, this Christmas?

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I did, on Christmas Eve. He's a bigger tosser now than he was last time I saw him boring the fook out of everyone in the pub, in 1991.

This Christmas had been a lovely time for seeing old, good friends, but that gibbering, preening tit with his more-worthy-reason-for-being-veggie-than-anyone-else, and his dyed "black" hair (orange to cover the grey), and his Oedipal boner for DH Lawrence's Sons and Lovers, and his statement that On The Road is better than Hamlet, and his twee little stomach pains each time he took a sup on his Guinness, made me want to smack him not once but several times, very hard. Alas, I was in the Christmas spirit.

Do you ever meet people from days of yore, who actually succeed in being bigger nobheads these days? He reckons he's writing a novel. I hope he calls it, "The man who lacked humour, charity, taste, decency, and deodorant."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    no i've been lucky this yr not have run into any old crew annoying assholes most of those are dead as far as can remember ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Hahaha, the book sounds like a winner.
    As for running into old friends, hardly, I've barely ran into my own family this xmas.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    aww.....sixteen years later.......forgive, forget, avoid!;)
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I did, on Christmas Eve. He's a bigger tosser now than he was last time I saw him boring the fook out of everyone in the pub, in 1991.

This Christmas had been a lovely time for seeing old, good friends, but that gibbering, preening tit with his more-worthy-reason-for-being-veggie-than-anyone-else, and his dyed "black" hair (orange to cover the grey), and his Oedipal boner for DH Lawrence's Sons and Lovers, and his statement that On The Road is better than Hamlet, and his twee little stomach pains each time he took a sup on his Guinness, made me want to smack him not once but several times, very hard. Alas, I was in the Christmas spirit.

Do you ever meet people from days of yore, who actually succeed in being bigger nobheads these days? He reckons he's writing a novel. I hope he calls it, "The man who lacked humour, charity, taste, decency, and deodorant."
    Woah... can someone translate please?
  • Options
    The only tosser I've found again this Christmas is me... four years ago.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    The only tosser I've found again this Christmas is me... four years ago.
    Shaddup will ya. You're bound to be cheered up at the thought of buying me a nice pint of Guinness next March.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,631

Jeez Fins, what with that and facebook ex's, sounds like you've got quite a bit of past kicking your ass!
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Shaddup will ya. You're bound to be cheered up at the thought of buying me a nice pint of Guinness next March.

Thought you said you couldn't make it round my way? Ah, must've read that wrong. :) Ah I am a miserable fucker tonight, must be the red.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Woah... can someone translate please?

It's in English. Proper English, mush. ;)
  • Options
    Thought you said you couldn't make it round my way? Ah, must've read that wrong. :) Ah I am a miserable fucker tonight, must be the red.

*Throws harmless a cider*
  • Options
    *Throws harmless a cider*

That's the stuff! Cheers Fins!

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395

I'm so sorry to hear you had to run into someone like that! :p

It all sounds dreadful! :mad:

I'm glad you didn't smack him though. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ProteusProteus Posts: 166

This is pure hilarity.

And you're right. It takes a tosser of the first rate to even attempt to compare On the Road to Hamlet. It's like comparing Charlie Parker to Mozart.

And thankfully I didn't run into any nobs from days of yore this year. I stuck close to family and drank vat after vat of Scotch, and ate the fattiest of foods, including some brownies on xmas day that were positively the Dog's Bollocks.
    FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
    --P. Farrell
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I just love the word tosser though I don't know the origin, and probably would be looked at strangely if I used it in the U.S. He sounds like one of those pseudo, trying too hard to be intellectual types that takes himself waay too seriously. I didn't meet any tossers as I didn't really hang with anyone, but that's the way I like it around Christmas. I haven't even checked my mailbox since 12-23, so there could be a xmas card in it, maybe. I don't know. Maybe that makes me a tosser hehe.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008