Least favorite household chore

HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
What's your least favorite household chore? I hate doing the dishes. And I have a nice pile going so I think I'm going to have to dive in and tackle it.
Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Hartydog wrote:
    What's your least favorite household chore? I hate doing the dishes. And I have a nice pile going so I think I'm going to have to dive in and tackle it.
    buy a dishwasher- I can't remember the last time I washed a dish
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • folding and putting away laundry. I usually end up just living out of the basket until it's time to do laundry again.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    I think everyone who doesn't have a dishwasher hates the dishes.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • The hoovering.. but only because my ex used to store the hoover upstairs and I always had to lug the fucking thing down them before I could get on with the job.. anyone who knows me knows how much of an arse that was.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    I love washing dishes. I get soap bubbles everywhere, and a few dishes actually end up clean. Doing housework is easy with loud music. Hmm... what do I dislike? Organizing my closet. I swear, if I actually managae to figure out what I want to wear, I can never find it. No joke. Biggest life problem.
  • folding and putting away laundry. I usually end up just living out of the basket until it's time to do laundry again.
    i always end up doing that lol
    I admit it...what's to say......
    I'll relive it...without pain......
    Backstreet lover on the side of the road
    I got a bomb in my temple that is gonna explode
    I got a sixteen gauge buried under my clothes, I play...
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    my least favorite chore is avoiding them
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    I can't remember the last time I was a dish.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Scrubbing out the shower.

I hate it so much that I do it every week to avoid having to work very hard at it.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • deadnote wrote:
    my least favorite chore is avoiding them

Really? Cus that's my favourite.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Ironing shirts is my least favorite...in fact, I'm pretty sure the Devil invented it.
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Lesbelges wrote:
    Ironing shirts is my least favorite...in fact, I'm pretty sure the Devil invented it.

I don't iron anything! I hang shit up as soon as the dryer goes off to avoid wrinkles....or on the few occasions i have to wear dress shirts...the go to the cleaners.
    "It's all happening"
  • I hate dusting.. and I agree with IS ironing is terrible. I avoid buying clothes if they require ironing. :eek:
  • I hate dusting.. and I agree with IS ironing is terrible. I avoid buying clothes if they require ironing. :eek:

hell yeah, I can't count how many "Wrinkle Resistant" eddie bauer shirts I own. Those things are incredible!
    "It's all happening"
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Taking out the garbage!! OMG! I will wait until it's overflowing before I will. hmm...I think when I get married I'll have to have that written into the marriage contract.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Having to scold the hired help...very tiring.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Having a dog that won't go in the backyard. I enjoy taking him for walks but not at this time of the year. lol
  • Laundry is the bane of my existence.

I hate doing laundry. It just never ends. When I think I have finished the task, my husband and kids throw more laundry in the basket.

Further, I would rather spend money on new socks than try and sort the huge basket of mismatched socks. What happens to the socks between the washer and the dryer.....where does that one sock go?
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Hartydog wrote:

Hell ya, disgusting........would rather do another chore that lasts an hour than 10 minutes of soggy hands after wiping off other peoples filth
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I don't mind doing the dishes. With 2 dishwashers it's a piece of cake. And I don't mind washing and folding laundry. It's putting away the clean clothes that I hate. I can't stand putting away the clothes.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    know1 wrote:
    Scrubbing out the shower.

I hate it so much that I do it every week to avoid having to work very hard at it.

bathroom chores in general, hate 'em. but I'm with you....do them every week and they're not as bad.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Dusting.

I don't mind most chores (they need to be done), but I absolutely hate dusting.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • ironing :mad: It would probably help if I didn't cram all my clothes in my closet and bought less complicated clothes :p
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Unblocking the toilet when it overflows. It's only an occasional horror, but 'nuff said. :eek:
    Dusting.

I don't mind most chores (they need to be done), but I absolutely hate dusting.

OMG, really?! That's my favorite chore! Get to turn on turns and I tend to zone out and let my mind wander!

• PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    ironing. I don't know what my problem is but it takes me 15 minutes to iron a shirt and 10 minutes after I put it on it looks like I slept in it. Its so frustrating. I have been taking my clothes to the dry cleaners a lot lately.
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    ironing. I don't know what my problem is but it takes me 15 minutes to iron a shirt and 10 minutes after I put it on it looks like I slept in it. Its so frustrating. I have been taking my clothes to the dry cleaners a lot lately.

Oh hell yeah!! I hate ironing so much that I don't even OWN an iron!!! LOL!!

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    One Christmas a drain blocked in our back yard, not a sewer thank god, just a soak away..and I had to get my arm right down it, took me about 20 minutes to pull all the debris out...my bloody arm was blue!! did I mention it was freezing cold water..?
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Not sure if this is considered a household chore because the conventional ones really don't bother me to do but I hate going through the mail. Weeding out all the junk I receive everyday and throwing it away. And then realizing my ass is going to have to deal with that shit that was sent tom me unsolicited. There have been times I just want to start tossing the junk mail right at the mailbox and letting the wind deal with it.
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    cleaning the bathroom
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13