What is your favorite Christmas special?

HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
This thread may have already been done but what is your favorite Christmas special? Mine is "Yogi's First Christmas"
Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i LOVE christmas specials/movies. very partial to a charlie brown christmas but also adore the year without a santa claus

last night i watched:
    love actually
    bridget jone's diary
    about a boy

:)
    not necessarily 'christmas movies'...but christmas figures into all of em.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. We love it and watch it every year. :)

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Emmet_Otte ... _Christmas
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    Frosty The Snowman...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    wolfbear wrote:
    Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. We love it and watch it every year. :)

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Emmet_Otte ... _Christmas

well ... how can you NOT like this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4H8cW7sVuo
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Blackadders Christmas Special
    cant beat it
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
    jimed14 wrote:
    well ... how can you NOT like this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4H8cW7sVuo
    :D That's the one! Merry Christmas! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Saved By The Bell
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Blackadders Christmas Special
    cant beat it
    I think I'll have to check that out! :)
  • grinch(cartoon), charlie brown, and a christmas story. i like charlie brown period, so the x-mass special is right up my alley.

"Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know that can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem."

"Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren't a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?"
  • i LOVE christmas specials/movies. very partial to a charlie brown christmas but also adore the year without a santa claus

last night i watched:
    love actually
    bridget jone's diary
    about a boy

Love Actually is hilarious.

'This is shit, isn't it?'

LOL
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • color me cheeseball cuz i just finished watching it's a wonderful life and STILL shed a little tear at the end :o:)
  • grinch(cartoon), charlie brown, and a christmas story. i like charlie brown period, so the x-mass special is right up my alley.

"Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know that can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem."

"Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren't a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?"

My sister goes to performing arts school and recently performed the Charlie Brown musical. It was hilarious and ever since then, I need to get my hands on some Charlie Brown. It's so long ago that I saw any but it's so my humour.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• This past 3 weeks, Shrek The Halls has played about 3000 times
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain. Somehow.

Hamilton 05
    Halifax 05
  • I have to say I think Raymond Briggs' The Snowman is genius.

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Haven't seen it in years, but Frosty the Snowman
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008

last night i watched:
    love actually
    bridget jone's diary
    about a boy

On Sunday, I watched Love Actually, Bridget Jones's Diary, and The Holiday, my Christmas "romance" movies. :)
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I have to say I think Raymond Briggs' The Snowman is genius.

Ahhhhh! Childhood memories....:)

Have you seen The Bear or Father Christmas by the same people?
    They just sum up christmas for me..

(And Wallace and Gromit....What can I say? I'm a child :) )
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    garfield... love it!
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    I love Mickey's Christmas Carol, but probably my favorite Christmas-related movie is Love Actually. It seems like it's not well known though. I was telling one of my guy friends about it and he was under the impression it's a "chick movie"...not at ALL.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Ahhhhh! Childhood memories....:)

Have you seen The Bear or Father Christmas by the same people?
    They just sum up christmas for me..

(And Wallace and Gromit....What can I say? I'm a child :) )

I've seen parts of Father Christmas and The Bear I think.. also pretty cool.

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    mr. magoo's christmas carol.......with razzleberry dressing.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I love Mickey's Christmas Carol, but probably my favorite Christmas-related movie is Love Actually. It seems like it's not well known though. I was telling one of my guy friends about it and he was under the impression it's a "chick movie"...not at ALL.
    Hah..that was on the tv earlier. I walked in the room and this couple were 'doing it' ,as they say,..full on, full screen..and I thought the kids were watching in the other room..I quickly nipped in there cos that's the main tv where we can change channels......thay'd all gone upstairs thankfully.
    My favourite is Morcombe and Wise....cue lots of puzzled looks from Americans.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • My sister goes to performing arts school and recently performed the Charlie Brown musical. It was hilarious and ever since then, I need to get my hands on some Charlie Brown. It's so long ago that I saw any but it's so my humour.

http://www.snoopy.com/comics/peanuts/meet_the_gang/meet_charlie_brown.html

a month worth of comics are up at a time. its not much but better than nothing. i read them all at once then check back next month. i need to just need to breakdown and buy the books. the more i read the more charlie brown becomes my hero.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    Watership Down
  • I like watching movies around christmas time...
    This year I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Karrol's Christmas, It's a very Muppet Christmas Movie, Surviving christmas, The Christmas list and The Muppet christmas carol.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    The Grinch

Original cartoon, NOT the movie.
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    jamie uk wrote:
    My favourite is Morcombe and Wise....cue lots of puzzled looks from Americans.
    Hah! It's not christmas without a bit of old-fashioned British comedy :D
    The best one is when they're making breakfast..:)
    Love a bit of Monty Python too.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Pretty much this.

rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer.png
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Pretty much this.

rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer.png
    Me too :)