Options

pearl jammed out ..

2»

Comments

• Options
    CanadianEHCanadianEH Posts: 134
    i get like that too. that newest silverchair record is amazing. pop masterpiece.
    I agree 100%. Young Modern is mind blowing. Neon Ballroom is still one of my favorite albums of all time.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • Options
    I've listened to indie rock 95 percent of the time for an entire year.

Havent listened to PJ in ages and havent listened to Into the Wild in a long time.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    didn't realize there would be a bunch of folks who go thru the same things ,the upcoming announcement has me excited but i will contain it will see by this time next week i might be going nuts listening to all my boots ,still my favorite band of all time .......

like i said in reeferchiefs thread, avocado and the '06 tour brought my pj juices flowing again so maybe this tour will do the same for you......:)
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Yeah I think everyone here must go through that at some point, Ive gone months and months without listening to pearl jam, then one day you decide to listen to Black and BAM, youre back where you were before.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pearl jammed out? i haven't really been pearl jammed in since the mid 90s. for me atm they're a habit i just can't break. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Its perfectly healthy...honestly even if they announced a tour or some live stuff now I would'n't be too excited..I want some new material more than anything.
  • Options
    for the time being i hope :( i haven't been able to listen to any pj for a while now i just don't ,no boots ,not studio cd's, been listening to KOL ,SILVERCHAIR,RADIOHEAD,WILCO ,and other artist, i guess after all the yrs of listening to only PJ has taken it's toll maybe when they release new studio material i can get that exciting feeling back ,anyone else go thru one of these spells ........or am i all alone i need company over here ...:(

I do not get how anyone can stop listening to pearl jam. Another thing is I hope those of you who are having a break, are not back on the bandwagon once tour news is announced.
    so boys......where do you want me?
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Thats how I am. I'll play a new Pearl Jam album to death and then retire it only for a special occasion. I'll occasionally listen to a boot, so right now I'm craving new music from them.

that's how I am. Played the self titled album for months after it's release and now just play it every once in awhile. I do that with alot of bands I'm devoted to. I played the hell out of the ITW soundtrack and actually still spin that religiously right now. I'm into the older pj boots right now for my pj fix like 95 era.
    I know a couple of local bands I'm into that are getting ready to drop some new material so I'm excited to start playing that like crazy soon. Guess I just do that when albums are new cause they are like a breath of fresh air.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I do not get how anyone can stop listening to pearl jam. Another thing is I hope those of you who are having a break, are not back on the bandwagon once tour news is announced.

really? dont tell us how we should be enjoying the sonic pleasures of a band a lot of us have been listening to for 17 odd years. we'll figure that out for ourselves. :)
    as for that bandwagon. tis not like we dont like pearl jam and will decide when a tour announced that we like them again. we always like pearl jam we just take a break. we'd be fucking robots if all we listened to was pearl jam non stop.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Diverse musical interests, maybe? Pearl Jam are really just one facet of most people's collections. Our favourite part, probably, but it still leaves a lot of other stuff to listen to. If we binge on something other than Pearl Jam, it doesn't make us lesser fans. Just makes us... normal...:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    i go months between pj stints. i listened to vitalogy today for the first time in years and it sounded fresh. it's good to give stuff a rest once in a while. even the best band of all time.
    I like bands.