Options

Nickleback wants you to stop playing Guitar Hero

2»

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Trailer wrote:
    Guitar Hero frustrates the hell out of me! I can play all those songs on a regular guitar... but I suck at Guitar Hero!!:o.
    I don't entirely suck at it, but i'm definitely not great. It amuses me that people think just because i play guitar, that i would automatically be awesome at Guitar Hero.
    Now, kotor, mass effect and half life, well, that's an entirely different scenario. I seriously rule at those ;)
    Trailer wrote:
    While I agree with Chad that there is a lack of good rock bands out there right now... I'm not entirely convinced that it's because of Guitar Hero.
    Agree.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    This band has opinions that are even more lame than their songs, and that's pushing it.
    Honestly, I hate to be negative about anything, but yuk! Nickelback must be about the worst band I ever heard, I wish Cahd would get Guitar Hero and go to his room for a few years, and save us from hearing his boring, cliched songs.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    people hating on Nickelback

wow what a new concept :rolleyes:
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I really don't even think Guitar Hero has been around long enough to affect new bands on the rise anyway.

Just my .02, stupid fucking Nickelcrap singer.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Chad Kroeger needs to put down the actual guitar, and do the entire world a favour.
    HAHAHAHA :D:p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Id say we actually have too many bands. Myspace and such are overloaded with shit bands. Its time we start eliminating the crap......like Nickelback.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32420/Nickelback-slam-Guitar-Hero

‘Rock Star’ combo blame rhythm action titles for lack of new US bands

Cheesy Canadian rockers Nickelback have blamed games such as Guitar Hero for reducing the number of new bands emerging in America.

The band’s frontman Chad Kroeger says young people are more interested in playing music simulation games than learning real instruments.

He told MTV: "I feel like there's not enough rock bands out there, especially when we go on the road. "It's tough to find other bands out there, because either they're making a record, or they just got done touring. So kids, start rock bands. Set down the 'Guitar Hero,' learn how to play an actual guitar and start a band, because it's hard to find more bands to put a solid rock and roll package together, to get out there."

Did he ever think that all the other bands were just hiding from and/or avoiding them? He's almost as daft as John Mayer.

If only Guitar Hero had came out a few years earlier, maybe Nickleback would have never happened.:(
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I hate to say it but I agree with him
    Yeah, but its only keeping crap bands from picking up instruments.. any serious musician will not be satisfied with Rock Band.. Rock Band is doing us a favor and weeding out the douche bags..
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Guitar Hero and Rock Band are also exposing kids to music they probably wouldn't have been exposed to. Not a bad thing. I'm a big music fan and it turned me on to some songs.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    I'll give up Guitar Hero/Rock Band in a heartbeat if Nickelback breaks up and never forms or plays in another band again.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf