Options

Jerry Seinfeld/Bill Gates Commercial

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,535
edited September 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I just saw this and I think it's pretty funny. I think the funniest thing is that they used Bill's mugshot for his id.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Man, Jerry is starting to look a little old.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    That ad is a really good example of what the expression "shutting the barn door after the cow gets out" means.

Apple has had it's Mac ads out for what- a year and a half, two years? And Microsoft is just NOW getting around to responding?
    Good work, guys.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Windows still sucks though.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    Windows still sucks though.

Apple fanboys are funny.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Apple fanboys are funny.

well it does, doesn't it?
  • Options
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    well it does, doesn't it?

Define sucks. They had Windows XP clicking along pretty well. Vista had some adoption issues with legacy hardware, and the fact that it was a memory pig. Many of those issues have been sorted. But Apple did a brilliant job with their advertising. They convinced people that Vista sucks. It is funny, because Microsoft had another campaign where they let people test a new operating system. People said they hated Vista, but liked the new OS. The funny part is that the new OS was Vista. People have been convinced that they don't like Vista whether they do or not. I had my share of problems early on, but have no current issues on any of my machines.
  • Options
    I love my mac and wouln't trade it for anything, but...

That ad was awesome. Jerry's still got it!

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I liked it...pretty funny stuff
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    I thought it was pretty good. If Jerry likes, I like it :D

Love the Jerry, love the Jerry!
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Define sucks. They had Windows XP clicking along pretty well. Vista had some adoption issues with legacy hardware, and the fact that it was a memory pig. Many of those issues have been sorted. But Apple did a brilliant job with their advertising. They convinced people that Vista sucks. It is funny, because Microsoft had another campaign where they let people test a new operating system. People said they hated Vista, but liked the new OS. The funny part is that the new OS was Vista. People have been convinced that they don't like Vista whether they do or not. I had my share of problems early on, but have no current issues on any of my machines.

"clicking along pretty well"... what about the virus and spyware problem? Not mention how bloated that OS is under the hood.
  • Options
    Snake wrote:

Love the Jerry, love the Jerry!

I'm going to see Jerry tomorrow night - can't wait!
  • Options
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    "clicking along pretty well"... what about the virus and spyware problem? Not mention how bloated that OS is under the hood.

Agreed that it is bloated, and I hope that is where they spend their time for the next release. As far as spyware, virus - I've used windows for years and years and don't have a problem, so I guess a lot of it goes back to the user, how they protect themselves. Part of that problems goes to market penetration - if you write spyware, you want to have it infect the largest target. And part of it is the difference between MS and Apple. Windows interfaces are widely published and understood, and people go after them to see what they can exploit. Apple was very closed for a very long time.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    note

it is a commercial for windows.

:rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    jeffbr wrote:
    Agreed that it is bloated, and I hope that is where they spend their time for the next release. As far as spyware, virus - I've used windows for years and years and don't have a problem, so I guess a lot of it goes back to the user, how they protect themselves. Part of that problems goes to market penetration - if you write spyware, you want to have it infect the largest target. And part of it is the difference between MS and Apple. Windows interfaces are widely published and understood, and people go after them to see what they can exploit. Apple was very closed for a very long time.

my test: i get up in the morning, press on, and my apple is ready to go in about 45 seconds. this summer i worked at a place that gave me a brand new, decked out pc laptop. i turned it on. i left. i went to the bathroom. i walked to the cafeteria to put my lunch in the fridge. i went to the coffee station and brewed a cup. i came back to my office. the screen to input my username and password hadn't even come up yet. this is not a joke or an exaggeration. i did exactly this for an entire summer.

as i type documents, at random the pc begins to make those clicking whirring pc sounds of death and nothing works for minutes at a time while it "thinks" about how to put in the letter i just typed. on my mac, i type a key, the letter appears. no random stalls in performance.

the mac just performs better. period. i'm not a mac fanboy. i don't know how to use half the shit on here. i type documents, listen to music, and surf the web. that's it. the mac kicks the pc's ass for this. i've got nothing against windows or bill gates. he's a standup guy, really. i just think windows is a pain in the ass and i've never had a pc work as well as the crappiest macs i've used.

as to the commercial, i didnt get it. it was mildly amusing, but i don't even know what it was supposed to be advertising or saying?
    and like that... he's gone.