Car help?

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,545
edited May 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
My g/f has a 2002 Dodge Stratus. Today we noticed that a black, mesh-net like plastic material is in her two front center air conditioner vents. Some of these particles blow out of the vent. Does anyone have any idea what this is?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    My g/f has a 2002 Dodge Stratus. Today we noticed that a black, mesh-net like plastic material is in her two front center air conditioner vents. Some of these particles blow out of the vent. Does anyone have any idea what this is?
    Most likely a CARcinogen....

j/k
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    quick question:

when was the last time you changed your cabin filter? I change mine every 6 months and that still isn't often enough. It's always completely clogged with all kinds of crap by the time I get to it.

This forum thread seems to discuss those plastic screens behind your vents, but I can't get that thread to open without my browser freezing up. Maybe you'll have better luck.

http://www.stratusphere.net/forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=476229
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

I used to work for Chrysler and that mesh is part of the ventilation. It should not be on your "out unit". It came off of of the pre-out.
    You'll need to get that fixed.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    lol...dodge stratus.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    sponger wrote:
    lol...dodge stratus.

LOL
    :D