Options

did i tell you guys how big "BIG WAVE" was ...

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
edited July 2008 in The Porch
at HARTFORD man it was tsunami size it blew me away and everything in it's path .......awsome folks that was the best show of the tour imo....:D sorry about the tsunami reference but it was gigantic ....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    yeh was sweet

a real smack in the face.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,545
    at HARTFORD man it was sunami size it blew me away and everything in it's path .......awsome folks that was the best show of the tour imo....:D sorry about the sunami reference but it was gigantic ....

agreed, it was a great moment hearing it live for the 1st time after having my request for the song rejected by Ed at Grand Rapids/06.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    TSUNAMI is an understatment no one saw it coming
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    that's right i forgot they didn't debut big wave until san diego.....great song....glad you all got to hear it live....it really kicks ass!! :D
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    it rocked, and it finally completed me hearing every song off of avocado live! only took 15 shows :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    at HARTFORD man it was tsunami size it blew me away and everything in it's path .......awsome folks that was the best show of the tour imo....:D sorry about the tsunami reference but it was gigantic ....

sounds intense. I wish I caught this song. It's the only one from that album that I haven't seen live.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    dude!!!!! freakin BIG WAVE was GRRRRREAT!!!!!! it sounded SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    dude!!!!! freakin BIG WAVE was GRRRRREAT!!!!!! it sounded SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

it was senny i'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it i wen't nuts listening to it plus 4th row dead center does help out a bit :D ....it was crazy
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    Great song. I got it at my first 2 shows ever!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    it was senny i'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it i wen't nuts listening to it plus 4th row dead center does help out a bit :D ....it was crazy
    did you just call me senny?????
    yeah you lucky bastard. 4th row IS a great place to view the BIG WAVE!!!! Theres nothing like being right at the rail where u can REACH the master though! :D wait a minute....did you rock hard and make me proud?????? you KNOW thats my jam.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Sen, where the hell were you all tour? I kept looking for you but I didn't run into you.

Yes, BIG WAVE was AWESOME, my FIRST time EVER!!!!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    did you just call me senny?????
    yeah you lucky bastard. 4th row IS a great place to view the BIG WAVE!!!! Theres nothing like being right at the rail where u can REACH the master though! :D wait a minute....did you rock hard and make me proud?????? you KNOW thats my jam.

sorry about the senny won't do it again SENROCK and hell yeah i fucking rocked the whole row you can ask GET RIGHT he was with me i believe you would of been proud ....:D
  • Options
    sorry about the senny won't do it again SENROCK and hell yeah i fucking rocked the whole row you can ask GET RIGHT he was with me i believe you would of been proud ....:D

AHAHAHAHAHA its ok. NORMALLY only NYPJ calls me that and gets away with it but its all good, ure chill. I am GLADD to hear you rocked the BIG WAVE. I rocked it from way out here and EVERYONE in public thought i was NUTS jumping and doing the BIG WAVE dance holding the phone to my ear!!!! :D nice work jose!

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Can't you see
    The oceans size?
    Defining time
    And tide
    Arising
    Arms laid upon me
    Being so kind
    To let me ride

I was doing a beach boys dance during this song

nice surprise and even better live.

and indeed it was rocking the joint! The bridge to that song was awesome!

EDIT: the whole show was crazy hermano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sen, where the hell were you all tour? I kept looking for you but I didn't run into you.

Yes, BIG WAVE was AWESOME, my FIRST time EVER!!!!
    quit lyin stephen FLOW!!!!! :D i only planned on msg's then hadd family emergency. i tried like CRRRRRRAZY on thursday night to get to hartford friday but it didnt happen. Im dead inside because of it. ugh. Thanks to one GORGEOUS person from here, i literally felt like I was there. Play by play. pictures on my phone, updates, and the SHOW!!!! the crowd sounded CRRRRRAZY as the boys walked out!!!! you guys got the best show by far!

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    it was my first time hearing Big Wave, and I like it better live than on record, it was one of those songs recorded that I'm indifferent too, but I think finally hearing it live might change that.

It was a very strong performance, among many other that night. I can't wait until I hear the bootleg
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options

We went nuts for every song. Except when I took a beer break during gone.
    ;)
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    ;)

a BEER BREAK????????? :eek: CARRY A FLASK!!!!!! :D

• Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    ;)

yeah that night i could not move from my spot no way, i do thank you for the h2o when i needed it most whoa what a show ....:D
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    a BEER BREAK????????? :eek: CARRY A FLASK!!!!!! :D

hahahaha
    it was so freaking hot, we needed cold beer. I stepped up an got the cold beverages. Had to be done after that brain of j!
    :D
  • Options
    yeah that night i could not move from my spot no way, i do thank you for the h2o when i needed it most whoa what a show ....:D
    NO WORRIES.
    And I thank you for, well, EVERYTHING that night.
  • Options
    fuckin A
    Im still enjoying the good vibe from that night.
  • Options
    I forgot what song was before it, but once that song was over I yelled out: "Lets go Big Wave!" and then they played it! Truly a sick and lucky call on my part I must say :)
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    hahahaha
    it was so freaking hot, we needed cold beer. I stepped up an got the cold beverages. Had to be done after that brain of j!

lol, I had alot, er, a good amount, to drink that day, damn it was so hot, and the songs get blowing me away
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    what made this version nuts was that it came out of freeeeeeking NO WHERE!!!!!!!!! :D

honestly, who was expecting that to played, NO ONE!

• Options
    what made this version nuts was that it came out of freeeeeeking NO WHERE!!!!!!!!! :D

honestly, who was expecting that to played, NO ONE!

there was a couple of songs that came out of nowhere....

Immortality ? wow
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

Immortality ? wow
    and

• Options
    smarchee wrote:

Immortality ? wow

IMMORTALITY kicked major booty. MAJOR.

• Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    and

no shit, I lost it and was just in awe, those first few cords, the purple lights, wow, one of my favourite songs, and I had only heard it once before, in 1998, and can't remember it, so man, what a 5 minutes of pure bliss that was
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    no shit, I lost it and was just in awe, those first few cords, the purple lights, wow, one of my favourite songs, and I had only heard it once before, in 1998, and can't remember it, so man, what a 5 minutes of pure bliss that was
    I MISSSSSSSSSSS YOUUUUUUUUUU ALREDDDDDYYYYYYY