Options

Boarding schools

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
goes along with the ivy league thread. Have you ever attended or known anyone who went to a boarding school? WHat was it like?

Again from the media portrayal of it, they are antiquated, old, stuffy places where the rich and privelidged get ready to rule the world
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    goes along with the ivy league thread. Have you ever attended or known anyone who went to a boarding school? WHat was it like?

Again from the media portrayal of it, they are antiquated, old, stuffy places where the rich and privelidged get ready to rule the world

My former flatmate went to boarding school in England and she liked it. She said there were some who fit the stereotype, but there were also some who weren't like that and she is still close friends with.

I was always threatened to be sent to boarding school when I was younger. :o If I do have kids some day, I might be tempted to send them as well! :p
  • Options
    I did, all 4 years of high school. Sure, some people fit that stereotype. It's kind of comical looking back at some of the people I went to school with, but most were super cool. It all depends on the people you attract I suppose! I went to get a better quality of education, not because I was a "bad kid" or anything. Had fun, didn't know any different, thankful that I got a good education. It's for some people, not others!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    a bunch of kids I went to college with went to boarding school. the ones who did tended to the be the ones with alcohol/drug problems. chances are this had to do with more than just going to boarding school but a troubling pattern.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13